Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Taking my SIL to the airport.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,196
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I bet your wine cellar is happy. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Waking up to brisket 

What a great way to wake up brother!  Looks great!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @Sea2Ski and @weberwho get the awards today for properly disposing of hazardous chemicals. Strong work!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Waking up a little loopy.  Was involved with a fundraiser for the local food bank. Long story short, it started raining about 1 for the whole day (really weekend) event. Picnic started at 6 for 500 participants. About 400 showed, and there was room for 275-300 cramped under the tent. People understandably left early. And it rained. No I mean it poured!  Lots of fun still had. Tons of laughs and lots of eye contact with smiles for a great cause.  We had 6 kegs of Victory beer at the beginning. 2.5 were gone when most people were gone. Hung around for another 1.5 hours with other people on the planning committee doing our best to dispose of the donated beer properly.
    I think the last sentence is the reason I am a little loopy. 
    It was for a good cause. Carry on!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    • WeberWho, another Police story (sorry, no liquor involved).  A few years ago, my wife and I left our daughter's apartment in Houston around midnight, heading back to Ky.  After an hour or two of heading north on 59, we got pulled over.  While I was fumbling around for license, registration, etc..., the cop knocked on my wife's window.  Scared her, she was eating ice cream from where we had just stopped.  She threw it up in the air.  Don't know, maybe that embarrassed the cop.  Anyhow, he proceeded to ask us all about what we were doing, where we had been, and where we were going. Wanted to know about our license plate which had caught his eye.  My wife had one of those special ones from where we both had graduated. Finally asked if I knew the speed limit.  I said I thought it was 55, how fast was I going?  "Just a little over" was all he would say.  Then he said "To be honest, there's just not a hell of a lot goes on out here this time of night".  Told us about where the speed limit would change again on up the road and let us go.  Super nice guy.  Guess he was just bored to tears.   
    Had a similar thing happen to me recently. My suspicion is the questions are a tactic to judge recall to response. In other words, preliminary DUI assessment. I also think if the tell you how fast you were going, (and speeding) the have to write a ticket. I was never told how fast I was going and fortunately sent on my way.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    Trying to figure out if I can make a right turn or not ....

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Trying to figure out if I can make a right turn or not ....

I think you should try, maybe you'll find a nice cop too
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    • WeberWho, another Police story (sorry, no liquor involved).  A few years ago, my wife and I left our daughter's apartment in Houston around midnight, heading back to Ky.  After an hour or two of heading north on 59, we got pulled over.  While I was fumbling around for license, registration, etc..., the cop knocked on my wife's window.  Scared her, she was eating ice cream from where we had just stopped.  She threw it up in the air.  Don't know, maybe that embarrassed the cop.  Anyhow, he proceeded to ask us all about what we were doing, where we had been, and where we were going. Wanted to know about our license plate which had caught his eye.  My wife had one of those special ones from where we both had graduated. Finally asked if I knew the speed limit.  I said I thought it was 55, how fast was I going?  "Just a little over" was all he would say.  Then he said "To be honest, there's just not a hell of a lot goes on out here this time of night".  Told us about where the speed limit would change again on up the road and let us go.  Super nice guy.  Guess he was just bored to tears.   
    Had a similar thing happen to me recently. My suspicion is the questions are a tactic to judge recall to response. In other words, preliminary DUI assessment. I also think if the tell you how fast you were going, (and speeding) the have to write a ticket. I was never told how fast I was going and fortunately sent on my way.
    I don't doubt that you're correct, but FWIW one of my cousins is a cop and he generally pulls folks over for speeding to keep himself awake on the overnight shifts. He'll let you off without a warning if you don't mouth off or anything (this is in OH, wouldn't be surprised if it's a pretty common tactic to stay alert). 
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Playing the waiting game. 1.5 hours in on 3 racks of spare ribs. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,196
    Options
    Just pimped up the Roadie that's  holding my brisket. Thanks @stlcharcoal

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Looking at photos of flood damage about 10 miles from the house and feeling thankful that we only got mild water in the basement.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @DoubleEgger we should get some made to say "human organs" and then go to a crowed park and pull out a black brisket.  Should get some looks. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    @DoubleEgger we should get some made to say "human organs" and then go to a crowed park and pull out a black brisket.  Should get some looks. 
    Awesome idea!!

https://www.amazon.com/CafePress-Human-Transplant-Sticker-Rectangle/dp/B00QH7XA52
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just wrapped some spares.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    DMW said:
    Piña colada time?  Dole pineapple and Meyers...just missing some coconut 
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    Smoked the ribs for 3 hours with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head rub. Wrapped with more rub and the above pictured honey, pineapple chunks, rum, and turbinado sugar. It's been awhile since I've made ribs like this, but last time we liked it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    How the hell do you not weight 250 pounds?!  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    How the hell do you not weight 250 pounds?!  
    I basically fast during the week.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I bet your wine cellar is happy. 
    It looks pretty sad right now, LOL

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    K
    Dyal_SC said:
    Just got done with a nice little hike to and from Station Cove Falls in Oconee County.  

This is a beautiful shot.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just finished cooking supper... Sloppy joe a la venison and an ear of corn
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac I think the right choice would've been to go straight.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother I didn't even know that I liked Pina Coladas. I drank probably 20 of them a day when I was in the Caribbean a few weeks ago though. 

I ran this poor lady to death bringing me drinks. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother I didn't even know that I liked Pina Coladas. I drank probably 20 of them a day when I was in the Caribbean a few weeks ago though. 

I ran this poor lady to death bringing me drinks. 
    Haha, Scottie, nothing like a piña colada in the Caribbean with a dark rum floater. I've been known to have a few of those :)
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Just got done hiking to and from Yellow Branch Falls in Oconee, SC.  Even prettier in person. 

A little slice of South Carolina heaven!

• SGH
    Options
    Watching the weather roll in. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Due to weather I'm stuck indoors fiddling around with some stuff. 
    If I had Rons money this would not be just parts and pieces. 

Status- Standing by.