Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @DMW. Find the root cause to the unwanted moisture? 
    Nope, popped the tile and couldn't find anything wet. My dad is coming by this weekend, he's good at stuff like this.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Your computer isn't under that very spot?
    Options
    Your computer isn't under that very spot?
    No, no it's not...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Waving bye bye to the AC repair man. Downstairs unit went out, but, thankfully, we're back up and running. It's been in the 100's off and on for about a week. Thought we were going to have to start drinking early. :s
    Ouch. Can't think of a worse time for the AC to go out. Glad the temp is dropping.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    @Jeremiah, those are Aerogarden Bounty machines. You have 9 pods of space available with a 45 watt LED light. Those gardens were planted on 7/4 and they grow like wildfire. It seems that Amazon bought all of these machines since Aerogarden site is temporarily out. They're 209.99 on Amazon and were 349.00 on the Aerogarden site. Might seem like a lot of money, but I've used them for years. You just keep replanting when something is done producing. You don't have to fight the heat and critters. You just feed them every two weeks and keep the water topped off. Easy peasy. Here's the link. https//www.amazon.com/Miracle-Gro-AeroGarden-Bounty-Gourmet-Herb/dp/B010NBJZLK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1469747357&sr=8-3&keywords=aerogarden%27
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • DMW
    Options
    Tried out the new oven tonight for pork chops. Was raining and I was on the phone all afternoon. Went 275* until 118* and then used the broiler to finish, flipping to get both sides browned. The broiler is weak, didn't really develop a crust at all. Should have used cast iron on the stove, but then I would have had to clean the stove top...
    It was decent, lacked the nice smoky flavor from the egg though.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Dredger holy cow that might be out of my current budget. But damn cool. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    DMW said:
    Tried out the new oven tonight for pork chops. Was raining and I was on the phone all afternoon. Went 275* until 118* and then used the broiler to finish, flipping to get both sides browned. The broiler is weak, didn't really develop a crust at all. Should have used cast iron on the stove, but then I would have had to clean the stove top...
    It was decent, lacked the nice smoky flavor from the egg though.

Does your oven have a built in meat probe!?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Anybody else wondering what he's doing?

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Wondering why you'd be photoing in the stall. Making sure he has a square to spare?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    edited July 2016
    Options
    when you steal a bunch of candy but you've got to crap before you get out of the store...
  • DMW
    edited July 2016
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• johnnyp
    Options
    Wondering why you'd be photoing in the stall. Making sure he has a square to spare?
    Not my photo.  Saw it on the electric Internet the kids are using
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have had just an absolutely terrible day. I know that my problems are not your problems, and as such, I will respectively spare you the details.
    On a happier note, I'm fixing to remove clothes, flop down in my recliner and drink myself into oblivion. A fitting end to a otherwise crappy day. May the Alcohol Gods bless us all my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnnyp
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have had just an absolutely terrible day. I know that my problems are not your problems, and as such, I will respectively spare you the details.
    On a happier note, I'm fixing to remove clothes, flop down in my recliner and drink myself into oblivion. A fitting end to a otherwise crappy day. May the Alcohol Gods bless us all my friends. 

Scottie,  Here's to hoping the problem is transient.  Tomorrow is a new day my friend 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Scottie,  Here's to hoping the problem is transient.  Tomorrow is a new day my friend 
    Thank you brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Southern California 100degrees but wrapping up the week with family. Kids playing with their cousins Good times.

Come to Texas. We have had 100° days for months. It's been miserable.  Nobody ever talks about our heat down here. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    SGH said:

Hope your crappy day isn't due to the new job. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SGH said:

You might find it more comfortable, based on past experience, to pick the bathroom my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:

You might find it more comfortable, based on past experience, to pick the bathroom my friend.
    Seriously. Where else can you drink, sleep, take a grumpy, and have access to fresh water all in such privacy?  It's a special place.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:

Seriously. Where else can you drink, sleep, take a grumpy, and have access to fresh water all in such privacy?  It's a special place.
    Our training prepares us for much B)
  • Dredger
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I hear ya @SGH, that's better than a prescription. Vodka does wonders, my friend. Ask me how I know. Not so sure about the Captain Morgan, haven't tried that, but, I'm willing. Hope your day goes better.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Trying an immersion bacon cure:

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Trying an immersion bacon cure:

blind99 said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:

Our training prepares us for much B)

I know you live in Chi town but you must bring that down south my friend.  Looking forward to that post!
  • Dredger
    Options
    I hear ya, @Jeremiah, but we had a very bad experience from our normal organic kale and spinach from the grocery store that we did twice a week. We decided never again. We're growing our own. In the spirit of SGH, we just ordered unit #8 and we'll put green stuff in it and all the rest. I don't want e-coli in my house. Probably wasn't that, but it was bad enough to make us make the change. Yeah, I know that we could have bought another egg for that kind of money, but, who cares? We have a great egg that we love. You all know that I love my toys.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Staying up later than usual for a prime packer cook.
    Rations on hand. Launch is a "GO". My 50th (kind of) of such a cook. While they have been exceptional, not perfect, I am thinking this lottery ticket is the one. Should I win on this cook, I will buy you a 750 ml of whatwever you like. Problem with that, and I apologize profusely, I am the judge.
    See what happens......

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Wodka? Did someone mention wodka?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm actually drinking wine for a change.