Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SGH, ThatGrimGuy, Randy the Gumbo Person, Me and some other folks - Crawfish Boil Competition

Options
nolaegghead
nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
I took today off work to prepare for the 15th Annual Louisiana Crawfish Boil Competition. 

A few of us forum denizens (again) take a foray into another genre of cooking.  In this case the method is through heat transfer using heated dihydrogen oxide solution to cook small crustaceans.  The purpose is to have fun because you only live once.

http://louisianacrawfishchamps.org/

So, after an entire day of running around town acquiring supplies, loading and moving stuff to our booth (#13 next to the Hooters Girls, I believe) in some of the worst weather we've had this year, we're excited about Saturday's boil.

There are 53 teams cooking around 20,000 pounds of crawfish for hungry hoards of locals. 

SGH is crashed in our spare bedroom.  Jazz the cat normally sleeps there. I don't think he's gonna move, so Scottie will have to share the bead. 

Weather forecast for tomorrow is idyllic.  Homebrew on site.  Blackstone griddle on site.  Evan Williams on site. 

We will be experimenting with an immersion cooler system designed for wort to cool the boil.  Pump, battery on site.

We'll keep you updated, if you care to monitor. 

Cheers.

Comments