Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

heroin

Options
MaC122
MaC122 Posts: 797
I don't know if you might have a friend that has a problem, or if you might. I'm a firefighter and I have been to 4 dead people under the age of 30 in the last2 months, all because of heroin. Florida has banned the pill mils so the only choice is heroin. Its bad...im going to them cold. No chance to help them
St. Johns County, Florida

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That is really bad. It seems to be a growing problem everywhere. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    It's epidemic and a horrible, destructive addiction.  The drug drives all decisions.  Very sad.  Thankfully Narcan is most of you first responders so you have half a chance.  Thanks for what you do @MaC122!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Cheaper and easier to get than pain pills. Getting to be a problem here in MN. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • MaC122
    Options
    bags are $10 and im finding people are dead. This one guy was so dead that he looked liked a bloated black guy, even though he was a skinny white guy. The pill mill crack down has lead to heroin.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Unfortunately, some people will do whatever it takes to get high and get off.  Close one avenue and another is around the corner.    
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    Wait, I'm sorry to be this guy, but you just said florida band pill mills SO the only other choice was heroin….right? thats what you said?

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Doesn't seem like you are sorry to be that guy at all.
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    There is a local news channel here in metro Atlanta that reported on a series of investigations about the heroin problem in three counties in Georgia that have been labeled as "The Triangle" based on the counties' localities.

http://www.11alive.com/news/investigations/triangle/the-triangle-investigation/94225151

This reminds me of the crack problems of the mid 80's to early 90s.

It's sad to say the least
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• MaC122
    Options
    Wait, I'm sorry to be this guy, but you just said florida band pill mills SO the only other choice was heroin….right? thats what you said?

yup

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    Doesn't seem like you are sorry to be that guy at all.
    No, I am, I should not have s#it in my back yard
  • MaC122
    Options
    heroin is so cheap and its a better alternative to pain pills. There lucky if i can give them Narcan in time.  It's bad...look out for your family
  • MaC122
    Options
    just tired of seeing dead 30 year olds

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    They were dieing just as often from Oxy. Grew up in Florida and went to college there. And have lost atleast 5 decent friends to Oxy and Coke and numerous more that should have died. People are going to abuse whatever they get their hands on. 
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    GalanteNate_OneEa Posts: 967
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @MaC122  You are drunk and venting, right? Cause thats cool, I get it.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,979
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Wow!  That's terrible.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Heroin....my dad had an employee that was hooked on it. Lee died at 35 years of age from coronary disease....
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There are charts that will state all kinds of facts, like that fact that the population has grown.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There are charts that will state all kinds of facts, like that face that the population has grown.
    You trolling for the 'd.ick of the day' award, or what is your agenda?
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    just tired of seeing dead 30 year olds

Dead 30 year olds who chose to drive 45 min to pick up a bundle of heron, and then blame it on a disease.  I don't remember my grandmother driving to newark or patterson to pick up cancer.  I'm tired of finding out that live or die, some get narcan twice in the same night.  Lets take away the only consequence to a growing epidemic.  I absolutely don't want anyone to lose their life, but really? Narcan is a crappy ass bandage for a arterial bleed 
  • MaC122
    Options
    @MaC122  You are drunk and veining, right? Cause thats cool, I get it.

maybe so. Im just dealing with dead people
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Tough to understand- wish the families dealing with these types of tragedies the strength to persevere. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,979
    Options
    There are charts that will state all kinds of facts, like that fact that the population has grown.
    I have no idea what to make of your comment here.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If you look at the ODs from Oxy it's probably the exact opposite. They used to have a time released coating that you could leave in your mouth for awhile then crush them up and snort or cook. They got rid of those and they have some gel coating now so people can't do that anymore. So even if people can get them they aren't the same those people have to go to heroine. It's really just moving the numbers around. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Honestly Nate, I'm not sure how to take your comments.  

These people are our own people, but need care and help.  Their situation is not so much different than other folks with struggles.  I've battled some struggles and still do.  Some cope differently than others and unfortunately hit a bad spot in life, hey we all do, right?  

@YukonRon , pretty awesome that you shared that buddy.  That takes courage and glad you're doing very well for yourself.  There was possibly that one person that helped you brush your knees off and gave you another chance.  Any of us can be that person to someone else guys.  No need to be inconsiderate, we're all together.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have no idea what to make of your comment here.
    His was an absurd statement, of course. Numbers are going up, Oxy in Kentucky is referred to as "Hillbilly Heroin." Tons of pills were brought in cooked, processed and injected. 
    In Louisville, the OD, DOA, through March of 2016, is twice the number of the previous four years, combined. How is that for population growth?

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • MaC122
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina is our kids are dying.