Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Best Appetizer That You Will Ever Eat.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @johnmitchell - Great looking plate brother. Glad that you enjoyed it. I'm making it again this weekend along with a tater tot casserole. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    Options
    SGH said:
    @johnmitchell - Great looking plate brother. Glad that you enjoyed it. I'm making it again this weekend along with a tater tot casserole. 
    The wife says it passed the dry run test and will be going to our New years Eve party.. Simple easy and so good.. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    How long did it take to get to 155? 30-45 minutes? 
    Brandon, MS
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    I ran at about 325 and I overshot the 155 and got to about 175 in about 45 min.. No problem, what I did use was a slotted spoon as there was quite a lot of grease. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    Options
    It just depends on if you use a narrow deep pan or a wide shallow pan. The wider shallow pan will usually cook in 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees. The narrow deeper pan will cook in about one hour. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    @SGH I just added this to my favorites list.  Thanks for sharing.  I will pass along the complements once it has been served.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • SGH
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.  
    My pleasure brother. Hope that you enjoy it as much as we do. 

Status- Standing by.

• Topperz
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...a definite one to try. 
    Great White North eh
    Lg & Xl BGEggs...Camp Chef Flat Top Grill / Griddle
  • SGH
    Options
    Topperz said:
    Thanks for sharing...a definite one to try. 
    It's a winner brother. Give it a shot and see what you think. 

Status- Standing by.

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It's on my list! And hats off to you for sharing this recipe. I don't get why people post something delicious and when praised and asked for the recipe, say "Oh no, that's my very secret recipe!" I guess that's one way to get their strokes.
    Judy in San Diego
  • SGH
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It's on my list! And hats off to you for sharing this recipe. I don't get why people post something delicious and when praised and asked for the recipe, say "Oh no, that's my very secret recipe!" I guess that's one way to get their strokes.
    Thank you. And honestly, I have always openly shared any recipe, technique or method that I know. Even with folks outside of the forum. I consider everyone here as friends. As such, I will gladly offer what little I can when it comes to cooking, smokers and curing. I joined here two years ago for the sole purpose of helping others. For better or worse, I give what I have got. No secrets at all on my part. 

Status- Standing by.

• SunDeviledEgg
    Options
    care to share the tater tot casserole recipe?
  • SGH
    Options
    care to share the tater tot casserole recipe?
    That one is a secret ;) Just kidding brother. I'm actually making one tomorrow and I'm going to post it my friend 

Status- Standing by.

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Have you not posted the tater tot one before? I'm pretty sure I made it and it was glorious. If you have a better one than that then I'm anxiously awaiting...
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I am making this one today to take to a NYE party, so it works well cutting into cubes and toothpicking? Should I remove from the pan and grease after cutting in order to serve?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Sounds like meatloaf to me. But, I'm all over dat buddy!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    Have you not posted the tater tot one before? I'm pretty sure I made it and it was glorious. If you have a better one than that then I'm anxiously awaiting...
    Yes sir, I have posted one before. But I have a even better one that I'm posting tomorrow. Glad that you enjoyed it my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    I am making this one today to take to a NYE party, so it works well cutting into cubes and toothpicking? Should I remove from the pan and grease after cutting in order to serve?
    Wait until you are ready to serve it before you cube it and toothpick it. Once you remove it from the grease it will start to dry a little. Just wait until y'all are ready to eat and then cube and serve on a pic. You can even serve it in slices. I actually prefer the slices myself. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sounds like meatloaf to me. 
     :o  :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
    You are killing me brother Husker ;)

Status- Standing by.

• brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    edited December 2015
    Options

Thanks, its on with a couple of substitutions;
    1 Poblano pepper instead of 1/4 Bell Pepper
    1 Texas Sweet Onion instead of the green onion
    and its round....

It better be as good as you say...
    I guess if it isn't it had to be my substitutions  :s
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
  • SGH
    Options
    brimee said

Let me know what you think. Standing by for your thoughts and the final verdict. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Made it again tonight, gone unless than 5 minutes.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    edited January 2016
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    It's a no lose proposition my friend. It sounds to simple to be true. But seeing is believing. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it my friend. I'm making a batch for breakfast in the morning myself.  Again, glad that you enjoyed it brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Brother Grim just tried it. Check out this text from him. It says it all.

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    It's a no lose proposition my friend. It sounds to simple to be true. But seeing is believing. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it my friend. I'm making a batch for breakfast in the morning myself.  Again, glad that you like it brother. 
    Dude, my brother, Roll Tide!!!!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I'm sure cheering them on brother. For better or worse, I'm a Tide fan. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    I'm sure cheering them on brother. For better or worse, I'm a Tide fan. 
    Yeah, I know. I am an SEC fan, for better or worse!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    They indeed rolled tonight my friend. Hope they can do it one more time!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    brimee said:
    I guess if it isn't it had to be my substitutions  :s
    Well, what's the verdict brother? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Status- Standing by.