Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @JohnnyMac man I thought I put a note in there. It was a little notepad piece of paper I slipped in there after I had it all packed up. I dont know what happened to it. My apologies. I hope you enjoy the stuff. Arkansas aint exactly known for bbq but I tried to grab all local stuff. The strawberrys rub is from mizzou but available here. Its a great all purpose rub. Please let me know how you like the other stuff. I kinda like the mcclards sauce. Its a little sweet and spicy.

Little Rock, AR

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

My box came into today from @MeatChurch .  Thanks! 

• BIll-W221
    BIll-W221 Posts: 279
    Options
    Had two packages show up yesterday, Dizzy Pig and Oakridge. I have a pork butt on the BGE covered in Dizzy Dust right now :)

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:
    Had two packages show up yesterday, Dizzy Pig and Oakridge. I have a pork butt on the BGE covered in Dizzy Dust right now :)

I assume you bought this for yourself?  Correct?

Oakridge is the bomb...you'll love it!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolenut19
    nolenut19 Posts: 76
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This is the awesome package I got from @SkinnyV. I love spicy things mustard and beer and he included all those. One of the bags is a ghost pepper salt. I also realized the bacon jam isn't in the pic. I had to put it in the fridge after opening. 
  • BIll-W221
    BIll-W221 Posts: 279
    Options
    cazzy said:
    BIll-W221 said:

I assume you bought this for yourself?  Correct?

Oakridge is the bomb...you'll love it!
    Correct, it's all mine :)
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    nolenut19 said:
    This is the awesome package I got from @SkinnyV. I love spicy things mustard and beer and he included all those. One of the bags is a ghost pepper salt. I also realized the bacon jam isn't in the pic. I had to put it in the fridge after opening. 
    You are going to love that Pike stout mustard. It's some tasty stuff. The beer is pretty good too!
  • nolenut19
    Options
    nolenut19 said:
    You are going to love that Pike stout mustard. It's some tasty stuff. The beer is pretty good too!
    Just had a spoonful I loved it. After tomorrow I have 10 days off. Will be using it all up. 
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:

Dizzy Pig and Oakridge are great, normally what I use. I've tried a few others, but come back to them. Still need to try Meat Church, just want to use what I have first.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • nolenut19
    Options
    ads75 said:
    BIll-W221 said:

Dizzy Pig and Oakridge are great, normally what I use. I've tried a few others, but come back to them. Still need to try Meat Church, just want to use what I have first.
    I found meatchurch  to be a bit salty for me. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Glad my package worked out @nolenut19 , I need to try some of the items I got for you myself so they are on my list. Enjoy!
    Seattle, WA
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

After a long day at work with some customer audits, I wanted to get home and relax and forget about work. To my surprise, there was a box waiting for me. Perfect timing after a long day and long week.

Thanks @jabam you picked a lot of great products that I would've bought myself if I was in CA. You went way above and beyond.

My girlfriend has already claimed the metal tins.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing I just cooked some boneless pork chop with the Janssen's Market Peach Grilling sauce I received from you in the exchange, amazingly good stuff!  I cooked it for lunch in between a brisket I'm making for dinner. Thanks again!!

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    bigguy136 said:

After a long day at work with some customer audits, I wanted to get home and relax and forget about work. To my surprise, there was a box waiting for me. Perfect timing after a long day and long week.

Thanks @jabam you picked a lot of great products that I would've bought myself if I was in CA. You went way above and beyond.

bigguy136 said:

Your welcome! Let me know how that Fresno State sauce is, that's the only one i have'nt tried.  I think you will enjoy the rest of it.
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just returned from a weekend trip to my parents camp in Maine and pulled up to a nice surprise! My box of goodies... NE is not BBQ country so I'm wicked excited as I have never seen or tried any of these products.... Thanks a million Jason @theyolksonyou you went above and beyond and the book and note are awesome touches..

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited June 2015
    Options
    And a huge thanks to @cazzy for organizing it is a lot if fun  =)
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    I just returned from a weekend trip to my parents camp in Maine and pulled up to a nice surprise! My box of goodies... NE is not BBQ country so I'm wicked excited as I have never seen or tried any of these products.... Thanks a million Jason @theyolksonyou you went above and beyond and the book and note are awesome touches..

Chris

hope you enjoy!

homemade sausage and bacon are awesome!

im yet to find a bad use for It's my rub!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    And agree @cazzy is awesome
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Phatchris said:

Chris

hope you enjoy!

homemade sausage and bacon are awesome!

im yet to find a bad use for It's my rub!
    Dude, a Charcuterie book....awesome man!  Great job!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    @Phatchris try the spicy smoked almond recipe on page 95.  They are amazing. 
    Edina, MN

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    UncleFred said:

We scored Big Time!!  Thanks to @NCEggSmoker !!

Yo NCEggSmoker.... Ya done good son!

Believe me, you should be very glad it's not reciprocal. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It looks like the gift exchange was a overwhelming success. Lots of great gifts given this year.  I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did and that even more members will participate next year. Everyone did a fantastic job. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    gmac said:

Believe me, you should be very glad it's not reciprocal. 
    Ya... what do I know.  I took Elfster at it's word when it sent me a message saying that I'd been "paired up" with someone.  So I figured I'd be getting from he who I gave to. Didn't know it was a trilateral kinda thing till later.

Either way I'm sure it woulda worked out fine... different (hummm, much different)....but fine. =)
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Dang @theyolksonyou ...  Nice work man.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    All my stuff is off.  As usual, I rushed to get things off and forgot my letter.  Oh well... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    So as you can see by the comment above, @UncleFred was my elf and I'm very glad he was.  Before the exchange started I got lots of questions about what I liked, my sports loyalties, my beverage likes etc.  Too bad that I wasn't home to answer any of them.  Also, I feel bad for UncleFred for having to deal with customs, cross border shipping etc.  But, he'll be happy to know I had my own pains sending to my Elf who I hope is receiving his or her package fairly soon.  

So as you can see below, I made out like a bandit on this year's exchange.  Most exciting thing is actually the grape and pear chunks.  Can't wait to try them on some chicken as recommended for the pear and if I can track down a tri-tip, I'll try the grape.  I did NOT open the picture that was sent with the emails as I preferred to wait for the surprise.  So, below is the picture I took today of everything.  Not the worlds greatest camera on my phone.  I thought the bottle of "California Sunshine" was very cute.  Thing is, sunshine isn't really a shortage here in February, heat is the issue.  So I hope the Famous Dave's sauce is spicy enough to keep us warm too.

Everything arrived perfectly safe thanks to the incredible compartmentalized styrofoam holder that was included (which I will be keeping for shipping beer).  The inclusion of a couple local beer was also great and I'm glad that neither the beer or the wood chips caused any sort of international incident at the border.

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Phatchris I forgot to mention in the the note:  I have no idea if that "blazin rectums" sauce is any good. I just thought it was frickin funny so I threw it in. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I'm running late. But I got my awesome package and now have sent mine out!!  I'll get some pics tonight. My pack was sauce heavy. It'll take me all year to sample all the great sauces.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum