Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    I'm in for $20
    GWN
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    cazzy said:
    This may sound like an odd request, but any pics of the crime scene?
    morbid...
    Cazzy...

exactly what I thought of
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Nanook said:
    I'm in for $20
    Canucks are too bloody trusting. If this flies there should be some pics.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Nanook
    Options
    Nanook said:
    I'm in for $20
    Agreed!
    GWN
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Nanook said:
    I'm in for $20
     Y'all sure are!  I made myself look like an a$$hole to get proof before I suggested it and here comes a friendly northerner handing twenties out.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    :loser: We'll give you a minute to regroup. For the pics. Lawd knows if this was me I'd already be at the bottom of a bottle of single barrel Four Roses. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    I feel your pain.

The other day I was cleaning out my garage and while moving a cardboard box overhead, a caulking gun that I didn't realize was laying on top of that box slipped off and landed squarely on top of the gas tank of my (previously) flawless 95' Ducati 916.

I smashed that piece of crap caulking gun until it was completely unrecognizable. Many words were expelled with great rage, wholly unfit to be mentioned here.

Now the neighbors look at me weird.
    Gittin' there...
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Anybody know how to set up a website so we could all help out with a few bucks?
    I'm in - dog lover and when man's best friend kills your egg, you can't be mad. Cen-Tex had the best idea - for pup's safety or if they wander off, can't beat a kennel.  Love the caption - Save Eggs, Saves Lives....
    Count me in; would be nice to have a place to mail a check (once Paypal decides your credit card is bad, you can't convince them otherwise, even with a perfect credit score).  
    If a homophobic bigot pizza place owner can raise $250K, I would hope our small, great group could help you with a new Egg.  :)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Had to get the date to see if its still April fools.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I feel your pain.

The other day I was cleaning out my garage and while moving a cardboard box overhead, a caulking gun that I didn't realize was laying on top of that box slipped off and landed squarely on top of the gas tank of my (previously) flawless 95' Ducati 916.

I smashed that piece of crap caulking gun until it was completely unrecognizable. Many words were expelled with great rage, wholly unfit to be mentioned here.

Sorry, you need to go to a motorcycle forum to get help. We're all about eggs here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Lmao at the go fund me or other ideas,  without even pictures, personally I agree it sucks, but I'm not donating either.  
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    I feel your pain.

Sorry, you need to go to a motorcycle forum to get help. We're all about eggs here
    I would gladly pay for it if there was another perfect one left on the planet...
    Gittin' there...
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Well I call B.S. With out the pic's. Hope I'm wrong but have ate crow before!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Yeah, not to be a ****, but OP did something not so bright, and a luxury grill got broken.  I feel really bad for her (?), my own stomach is turning at the thought of it.  That said, I kinda figure charity is best suited to those in need of the necessities - not luxury goods.  I will say, you all are good people to offer.
    Phoenix 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Any pics?
    Seattle, WA
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    I like go fund me.com If it will work for this type of catastrophe. Then we can stop when she has enough. Maybe there is a dealer near her that will sell one at cost, if allowed. 
    McKinney, TX
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You assume it's a she. He could be an Irish guy

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• blasting
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Do Irish guys call themselves "mother of 4 boys"? - Irish slang perhaps?

Phoenix 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    blasting said:
    Do Irish guys call themselves "mother of 4 boys"? - is that some type of Irish slang?

As my Scots grandfather used to say..."they're Irish". Made sense to us.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• blasting
    Options
    I'm messing with you - her signature indicates she's a she.
    Phoenix 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Missed that. Still go by Grandpa's thinking

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    Not sayin' it didn't happen, not sayin' I wouldn't have been a bit put out, but...
    "Shock"? ..."grief"? ..."catastrophe"?  I tend to reserve those words for events much more devastating like earthquakes, floods, alien invasions, or Hillary getting elected president.

If you read the tag line it ain't like she'll never egg again.

"Owner of 1 LBGE, 1 Mini BGE, and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven"

Just means she's gotta change the tag line! :|

BTW, I only own a Large BGE, but would sure like a mini and a wood fired brick oven! So if any of you have any spare cash, I sure would appreciate it. :)

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    Options
    I thought this story ended with a dead dog, or stolen dog, or burnt down house or something. 

A person who can afford a BGE can afford to replace a broken BGE

I reserve the word "devastated" for the truly serious stuff
  • Nanook
    Options
    I'm still in for $20....
    GWN
  • Little Steven
    Options
    st¡ke said:
    I thought this story ended with a dead dog, or stolen dog, or burnt down house or something. 

A person who can afford a BGE can afford to replace a broken BGE

I reserve the word "devastated" for the truly serious stuff

You sound like a country and western singer. He's the mother of four boys for chrissake

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• islanderegger
    islanderegger Posts: 69
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Just make @henapple wrap himself in his bacon thong and walk down a Main Street of any city during his travels. 

Oh wait, we are trying for money. Scratch that idea.....
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I love how these threads go south so quick. Personally I'd never have left a dog tied near my eggs. Hell I get nervous when my wife gets near them. Lol
    I keep my wife tied up out of reach of my eggs.

You win tonight. Maybe other nights too  from the sound of it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.