Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
    edited April 2015
    Options

WHIP IT GOOD!!!

oh wait - DevA Stated - gotcha...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• SunDeviledEgg
    Options
    are you people insane?  when i wreck my car are you going to help buy me a new one?  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    boy, glad we're not being sexist today....
    Options
    are you people insane?  when i wreck my car are you going to help buy me a new one?  
    If you needed our help, I'd venture to say, yes, yes we would. 
  • nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    I live in Indiana, and it has not been our finest week.  I came here to escape from the RFRA sh!tstorm that the idiot politicians and wingnuts on both ends have created... this thread isn't helping too much!

Sorry about your egg @shannonlcorum - that truly stinks! 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I don't think id cry about it at all. I've almost tipped over my large, wondered if my mini max was going to collapse my table since I left it overnight. Things happen, in life we pay a stupid/accident tax...its just the way it is. I'd chip I but you know what, truth is I have family members who could use the money just as much, they come first in my book if I'm being charitable in "some" cases.
    Seattle, WA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Hibby said:
    I'll admit that initially (I don't hang out here much nowadays) I thought the poster was a man so I was more reacting to the fact that HE was bawling but didn't want to call HIM on it outright so I used HIS/her words as the basis for my disgust. Now that I know it was a SHE and not a HE, I'm not as surprised at the bawling or the use of overly strong descriptors. So in full disclosure, I guess I take things too literally AND I'm sexist. For those of you curious if I'm annoyed at the news - the answer is yes. It's all and I mean ALL sensationalized ****. I hope the mothership helps you on your luxury item.
    No one cares about your feelings, honey. Don't be so sensitive.

Now, go make me a sandwich, tootsie.

I could use a beer too

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @shannonlcorum
    The Egg is only half-dead. Did you call the Mothership yet?
    You mean call BGE directly? I doubt it's covered under the warranty. But if you know something I dont, please share. 
    My earlier post: You never know. Yes, call directly. Tell the truth, be gracious,  have a sense of humor and tell Bruce you are devastated. Never know!

THEBuckeye Posts: 1,236
    1:04PM edited 1:08PM
    Agree w/ @MaskedMarvel ;
    Call the Mothership (800.793.2292 press 5 for customer service), Talk to Bruce. Tell your story. Nothing to lose. My bet you are picking up a bottom tomorrow. It's right off 85 (first exit ITP) at spaghetti junction. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Or, call Obama. He can fix anything. Get yourself an ObamaEgg! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Egg. Although there is quite a few 'off-topic' posts in here, I am a bit amazed at the offers from the folks to help you out financially to get another Egg. Touching to say the least. I wouldn't mind offering to set something up for you so that you could receive donations directly if you wanted, but.......yeah. Hopefully something can be done at the Mothership and you can get back to Eggin'.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hibby said:
    I'll admit that initially (I don't hang out here much nowadays) I thought the poster was a man so I was more reacting to the fact that HE was bawling but didn't want to call HIM on it outright so I used HIS/her words as the basis for my disgust. Now that I know it was a SHE and not a HE, I'm not as surprised at the bawling or the use of overly strong descriptors. So in full disclosure, I guess I take things too literally AND I'm sexist. For those of you curious if I'm annoyed at the news - the answer is yes. It's all and I mean ALL sensationalized ****. I hope the mothership helps you on your luxury item.
    No one cares about your feelings, honey. Don't be so sensitive.

Now, go make me a sandwich, tootsie.
    Tootsie was a wonderful movie. It had Dustin Hoffman starting as the effervescent cross dressing actor using gender role reversal to land a job as a soap opera actress. Hilarity ensues (9/10!) 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Oh, that is forking hilarious (insert mirthful laughter here). I get it...it's..uhh...because...ummm.  Dammit, we're trying to take politics off this thread dude.
    Options
    @nolaegghead

Sorry, "dude"

But I guess it's ok to play the "bigotry pays" card, "dude"?

Just want to know your rules. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• nolaegghead
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I didn't open that door double quote guy.

If you read this whole thread, I didn't inject anything controversial or off topic here, I just responded and/or mocked them.  And I didn't raise any unfounded doubts of the OP's intentions, nor jump on the group mentality bandwagon when that started rolling.
    Options
    I've been called worse.  =)
    New Albany, Ohio 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    A few years ago this forum raised $4000 for Operation BBQ Relief. Cazzy ran a great raffle. Was fun and helped some disaster victims. If we're gonna raise money, drop a $10 or $20 and send it to cazzy. I'm sure he can arrange an egg purchase over the phone. We don't have to get a 501c to help somebody out. If it a ruse.. which I don't believe it is, you're out a few dollars.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The political bitchin does get old, weren't some of you pounding the US chest over in that proudest day thread. That's our system folks, the next guy will be just as much a joke and crook (not literal, 2 faced, double speak etc)...these days.
    Seattle, WA
  • henapple
    Options
    Oh, that is forking hilarious (insert mirthful laughter here). I get it...it's..uhh...because...ummm.  Dammit, we're trying to take politics off this thread dude.
    I'll sleep better tonight knowing Iran will be building nucler (bushism) weapons.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    ****! It's only 5:30 EDST

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    I say I say I say I typed **** there

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Sh!t. Look out for Big Brother

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,582
    Options
    I just cracked the cap on a bottle of Patron Silver..Baton down the hatches..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • henapple
    Options
    Batten?
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,582
    Options
    henapple said:
    Batten?
    Thanks..Hic..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Little Steven
    Options
    He is talking about the red stick in LA

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:
    Batten?
    Nah, let's beat them down.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Zarcon said:
    Sorry to hear about your Egg. Although there is quite a few 'off-topic' posts in here, I am a bit amazed at the offers from the folks to help you out financially to get another Egg. Touching to say the least. I wouldn't mind offering to set something up for you so that you could receive donations directly if you wanted, but.......yeah. Hopefully something can be done at the Mothership and you can get back to Eggin'.

Yeah, w definitely have a quite a few! We probably have more off-topic posts than The Nest has regular ones...at least threads not started by you that is!   :tongue: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @henapple, I guess you didn't lose any sleep when N. Korea built their first one in 2006 either because economic sanctions don't work, so F it, right?
    Options
    Looks like in picked a bad night to travel. Catch you guys around midnight. Should be fun.