Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I love how these threads go south so quick. Personally I'd never have left a dog tied near my eggs. Hell I get nervous when my wife gets near them. Lol
    I keep my wife tied up out of reach of my eggs.
    You just drop this without details?

Leather and chains involved?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,133
    Options
    @DMW sorry, thought everybody used these ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I love how these threads go south so quick. Personally I'd never have left a dog tied near my eggs. Hell I get nervous when my wife gets near them. Lol

I'm guessing, in hind sight, she too now thinks tying the dog near the Egg was a bad idea.  It's normally 20/20.....
    GWN
  • Nanook
    Options
    tcampbell said:
    All this person did was post about egg being broken and lucky the puppy is OK.Not asking for money just commenting on what happen.I don't see why people want to comment that it didn't happen.Some of you are right its not a devastating lost its just a grill but if people want to help I think that's great.
    +1!
    GWN
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am willing to help if need be. I also had rather lose an egg over a dog any day of the week. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,133
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Yeah. Hind sight is 20/20. Hell I once drove a police car through a block wall. But that's another story. 
    You have my attention sir.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I used to drink a lot more than I do now. 
    That's a start. Sounds like a story around an egg for May. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Yeah. Hind sight is 20/20. Hell I once drove a police car through a block wall. But that's another story. 
    You know how to get attention @Jeremiah! That sounds like a hell of a story. I did some crazy stuff back in my drinking days, but nothing close to that. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    Options
    Little known fact:  "Driving a police car thru a block wall" is one of the lines in the refrain of "YMCA". 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I used to drink a lot more than I do now. 
    That's a start. Sounds like a story around an egg for May. 
    Really not much of a story. But yeah, may. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This thread went down quick. But seriously, I'd pitch in if it's legit and he/she comes back to life on the thread just to cushion the loss, maybe. It sure is hard being burden with such first world problems..... 

XLBGE 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I lost my wife's sunglasses on a roller coaster today if anyone wants to chip in.   =)
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I lost my wife's sunglasses on a roller coaster today if anyone wants to chip in.   =)
    I'm in for two bucks
    Phoenix 
  • Kustrud
    Kustrud Posts: 48
    Options
    Wow, bunch of good people on here, pretty cool!  Who knows this person's situation, all I know is that they lost an egg accidentally and clearly enjoyed the heck out of it but cannot afford another one.  I'd pitch in $20-$50 or so to help out if others do.  However, I agree and will not do so unless some pics can prove this happened, because there are some shady people out there. 
  • Buzilo
    Buzilo Posts: 185
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine how it would feel. I'm glad the puppy is okay. Im in for 20. 
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Won't ask why you had your wife's sunglasses...  but I've got a couple of pair that I don't use much any more, that I'll let ya have cheap.

Now go out and get yourself some thick black frames
        With the glass so dark they won't even know your name
        And the choice is up to you cause they come in two classes
        Rhinestone shades and cheap sunglasses
        Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • Nanook
    Options
    I would actually not find it odd if this lady did not take pics of "the scene of the accident ". The way I read it, she is not asking for anything. She was just sharing what happened. She obviously knows this is not a warranty issue, and she didn't ask for a handout. I probably wouldn't have taken a pic either. Full disclosure: this POV was from SWMBO.
    GWN
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @UncleFred apparently she had no pockets, they wouldn't stay on her head and can't hold them in her own damn hand like I held mine. That said:  those would make some fine choices, but being the experienced spouse that I am, I wouldn't dare chose for her. I'll let her know. Thanks. 
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    caliking said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I keep my wife tied up out of reach of my eggs.

You win tonight. Maybe other nights too  from the sound of it.
    That"s funny I don't care who you are. I got no wife, eggs are safe.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options
    I am willing to help if need be. I also had rather lose an egg over a dog any day of the week. 
    Depends on what kind of dog it is.....
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    You can always steal a dog

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I have a Black Lab and I would never tie her up outside by herself. We have Coyotes in our area and I would not want to risk her being injured or killed. If the OP is true then chalk it up to a life lesson. At least the dog was not hurt.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    What would JWhirlwind do?

It''s a real dilemna for sure, but there must be a lesson in the history books that can be shared.

I kinda want to give $ for an egg, but I also want I see pics to know this is real first.

I'm all set to be generous too, I've decided if it's real, I'm going to give in Canadian $ so she gets more.
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Nanook said:
    tcampbell said:
    All this person did was post about egg being broken and lucky the puppy is OK.Not asking for money just commenting on what happen.I don't see why people want to comment that it didn't happen.Some of you are right its not a devastating lost its just a grill but if people want to help I think that's great.
    +1!
    +1
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)