Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    @SGH you sir have a wonderful photographic eye.  I would frame and hang any one of those pics.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @WeberWho?  You like to ride?  I had a long hiatus but got back into it.  Love bikes, love the freedom, wind that will cool you down no matter how hot it is, great way to unwind after work.

I'm building a steam punk bike and I just heard from the guy that's doing the aluminum fabrication that a studio is interested in using it for 5 episodes of some series where "the hero rides it".  They would finish my build and I'd gain some extrinsic value if the show panned out.  Either way, a win, but it's not a done deal.
    @nolaegghead I love bikes.  Nothing else like it.  I don't have anything fancy.  Suzuki SV 650, Kawasaki KE 100, and a Yamaha YSR 50. My dad made a bet whoever could ride their bicycle without training wheels first got the YSR 50.  (I'm two years older then my sister and she could hardly sit up on the bike seat). So I grew up learning and riding the YSR 50 as a kid.  Picked it up from my parents this past summer. 

Definitely keep us in the loop on the steam punk bike.  I remember you posting some pics in the past. How cool!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    That'd be one hellava ride on that scooter to Salado @nolaegghead
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    @WeberWho?   I'm not obsessive, but I love riding them and the mechanical beauty, and how anyone can make one and the diversity of the whole process. 

You have some fun bikes!

I just have the steampunk project (started with a Yamaha SX650), a BMW F800R, a Genuine Scooter Buddy 150 (tricked out with performance stuff, like hot-rodding a Pinto) and another project Honda Ruckus.

I try to ride a few times a week, granted, it usually is inside my Parish, and more often, my neighborhood.  But it's a blast.  I'm not an a-hole biker, even though I'm an adrenaline junky.   The adrenaline part goes with the cars.
    I can't keep it in any longer.  "That guy" was Nola during his younger days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8DWu2lJs7Q 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    @cazzy - I wish.  I was a maniac.  I got more than my share of road rash and muffler burns.  I'm much more sedate now on bikes.  
    edited March 2015
    @nolaegghead Definitely don't want to be an a-hole on a bike.  Too many idiots out there already when riding.  I don't ride for the image or coolness factor.  I find riding to be therapeutic more then anything.  A time to go be by yourself and to enjoy the little things in life.  I usually hit the back roads out towards farm towns when doing any real riding.  Not so many worries when seeing a car once every few miles.  It's beautiful out in God's country.  Nothing like riding without a destination in sight.  That's freedom to me!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Watching Breaking Bad.  Struggling through season 3.  It is boring :(  I miss Son's of Anarchy.
    I agree with this. I don't get the hype. I was happy when it was over. 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    Watching Breaking Bad.  Struggling through season 3.  It is boring :(  I miss Son's of Anarchy.
    Keep watching. It gets awesome again. Trust me. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I hope so.  I keep hearing good things and each episode usually ends with a bang, but dang they sure are moralizing a lot in the last few episodes.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2015
    Volunteering at Bingo.  I'd rather play with my new toys from CGS.
  • DoubleEgger
    I hope so.  I keep hearing good things and each episode usually ends with a bang, but dang they sure are moralizing a lot in the last few episodes.
    @Ozzie_IsaacWe just watched a couple more episodes. We've got four left. I hear SOA is great too. Gonna jump into it on Netflix once we're done with BB. Wish SOA was in 4k like BB
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    You will love SOA ... didn't realize BB was 4k.  Thats sweet, but I have no gear capable of handling it.  Do you notice a diffetence over high def?
  • DoubleEgger
    You will love SOA ... didn't realize BB was 4k.  Thats sweet, but I have no gear capable of handling it.  Do you notice a diffetence over high def?
    You can notice a difference but I don't think it's worth the extra money yet because of the lack of programming. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Leaving the house for the airport.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Usual Friday open shift. Just pulled my brisket out of the freezer to start curing up some MSM on Monday. Also just flipped over the 30 lbs of bacon in cure in the fridge. Sure is nice to have commercial fridges to keep your meat preparations in.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited March 2015
    Sitting here at work feeling grounding while the neighborhood kids are getting ready to play outside....with fire too! :|
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Getting on the road to Salado!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Getting on the road to Salado!
    I'm super jelly...
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Waiting around for 12 noon.  Leaving work to wait for delivery on a generator.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Counting down till I get to go home and use my medium for the 1st time!  Got all my cgs parts in last night at 11.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited March 2015
    Just got home from an after school happy hour - debating whether I should open a 6th beer.  Got an early tee time tomorrow.

edit...I just did
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Waiting for the trading deadline to pass, so I can get everything in and done.  Counting down the time til I can get out of here today!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2015
    YEMTrey said:
    Waiting for the trading deadline to pass....

Which deadline (btw, on phone hth do you get out of someones quote box, once I get stuck in I cannot get out)
  • Getting all of my grading and lesson planning done so I can enjoy the rest of my spring break.
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Dealing with sales VPs on both ends of the business. Highest end and lowest end. The middle is happy. :)

Jamie. I hate getting stuck in the quote box. Happens to me too. 
  • veewt
    veewt Posts: 50
    I just got in touch with Tweev.  He'll be at Salado, the guy wearing body armor.
    I wish I had thought of that. I totally would have gone.  I figure it's all water under the bridge now.  Right guys?? RIGHT???
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited March 2015
    YEMTrey said:
    Waiting for the trading deadline to pass....

Which deadline (btw, on phone hth do you get out of someones quote box, once I get stuck in I cannot get out)
    All trades have to be in to me by 2pm EST.  I can then aggregate and call in the block trades, get orders worked, etc.  When this gets done and the confirmations are in order, the allocations are sent over and my day is technically done!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio