Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 6,891

wishing I didn't have to do this.

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 8,777
    Oh joy.  That looks like a lot of work!
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Blackstone Griddle
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,937
    Getting ready for the beach. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
    @Lit I like that yellow OTG in the back.  I've never seen that color.

• LitLit Posts: 6,891
    @ozzie_Isaac its the 22.5 Simpsons edition.
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,463
    Hanging out at Salado with @FleurdeLirious @nolaegghead @travisstrick @henapple @JohnInCarolina @Hotch. And @Mickey and @photoegg and others are here. Oh and Cen Tex is here to.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,186
    @dmw :angry: way jelly. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,937
    Have Fun Y'all :rock_on: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Drinking cheap beer, wishing I was in Salado, and pondering what to cook next. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • BeggerBegger Posts: 513
    Up LATE babysitting my first 'low and slow' cook.   XL running about 250 or so at the dome and my TC reads about 232 at the grate level.    This is about as cool as its been.  
    The 8lb or so Pork Shoulder on now smells wonderful, even a mere 4 hours after going on.  Charcoal load was up to the top of the ring so I hope I have enough to go the distance.   No Peeking!
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,945
    edited March 2015
    Just doing my morning world check via the Internet, about to make pancakes with maple syrup and the last bag of home made bacon ( 30 lbs in cure as I type though), then breaking through the last little bit of snow and ice to get at the egg table and setting up for ribs today and a wing fest tomorrow
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,666
    Begger said:
    Up LATE babysitting my first 'low and slow' cook.   XL running about 250 or so at the dome and my TC reads about 232 at the grate level.    This is about as cool as its been.  
    The 8lb or so Pork Shoulder on now smells wonderful, even a mere 4 hours after going on.  Charcoal load was up to the top of the ring so I hope I have enough to go the distance.   No Peeking!
    I usually fill my XL and make a bit of a cone out of the lump.  Purposefully leaving a couple of grate holes in the front and a couple of the back clear.  The XL is amazingly efficient.  I can get several low and slow's out of one fill of lump.  And several cooks after that.
    I don't understand the arguments that the XL burns more lump.  It's a simple function of air control.  It can only burn as much lump as the amount of air you allow in.

Cheers! I'm sure you're cook will be fine.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

Sitting in the car dreading sitting in the rain for 2hrs watching lacrosse. Don't mind the lacrosse, wouldn't mind the rain if it were 20 or so degrees warmer. 
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
    Wish I hadn't complained about the rain. Now I'm sitting at the medical care place waiting on an X-ray. Dammit. 
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,200
    That sucks, hope he's ok.
    Austin, TX
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    About to head to BB&B to pick up a cutting board and likely a few other items I haven't a use for... Wish I was at Salado, maybe next year.. Pouring rain, so I am going to do the more traditional boiled Irish dinner later
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,479
    Wish I hadn't complained about the rain. Now I'm sitting at the medical care place waiting on an X-ray. Dammit. 

Hope all turns out well......
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,332
    edited March 2015
    Nice!
    edited March 2015
    @GrannyX4 @legume thanks. 

Xray was inconclusive, but his growth plates are wide open and the convenient care doesn't have a radiologist on staff. A PA who specializes in orthopedics happened to be on today. She said it's hard to tell sometimes so they splinted it up and referred us to the ortho for next week. 

We we hoping for the best as a fracture would mean no lacrosse for the rest of the season and we're going to Universal in a couple of weeks for spring break. 
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,479
    @GrannyX4 @legume thanks. 

Xray was inconclusive, but his growth plates are wide open and the convenient care doesn't have a radiologist on staff. A PA who specializes in orthopedics happened to be on today. She said it's hard to tell sometimes so they splinted it up and referred us to the ortho for next week. 

We we hoping for the best as a fracture would mean no lacrosse for the rest of the season and we're going to Universal in a couple of weeks for spring break. 

That sucks.  My oldest grand did the same thing the week before he went to cooperstown for baseball.  On the bright side a wheelchair gets you to the head of the line.  Saves on the fast pass. 
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,311
    Waiting around for 12 noon.  Leaving work to wait for delivery on a generator.  
    Thankfully it came before the window they told me. Was delivered freight and they guy even trucked it into my garage  (my driveway is around 168' and he had to park on the road ).

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • sloo50sloo50 Posts: 20
    Just threw on a few racks of ribs. Poured a Tito and Sprite, and watching the Maverick..

ribs.jpg 163.4K
    Chesapeake Virginia 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,900
    Grinning from ear to ear because my Stoker just shipped! 
  • mtpmtp Posts: 26
    Smoking on the Egg duh
    LBGE, Plate setter, Pizza stone, Bisson flame thrower, Replaced by a Milwaukee heat gun,  Maverick ET-732, Bluetherm, and a bunch of beer

Cumming, Ga
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    About to fire up the egg for some sausage, corn bread, and a few burgers that need to be cooked... turning on the Tigers game and having a stick
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,516
    Relaxing with a stick and some coffee. Fire egg in a couple hours and switch to whiskey. 
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,516
    Oops. Pic. 
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Waiting around for 12 noon.  Leaving work to wait for delivery on a generator.  
    Thankfully it came before the window they told me. Was delivered freight and they guy even trucked it into my garage  (my driveway is around 168' and he had to park on the road ).

you can run the whole house with that bad boy
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,332
    edited March 2015
    Just finished some ribs on the small

Bummer!  Been there done that got the cast to prove it.

Hope the ortho has good news next week.