Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite music to Egg by?

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Miley Cyrus.  Probably the greatest singer of the 21st century.  She touches my inner soul.

I am shocked. 

Twerk it Fred.

• I am with @70chevelle - My go to is to put the cell on Pandora, plug in the blue tooth speaker and dial up either a Blues or Jazz channel...and then of course, you have to pour a nice bourbon or Scotch to go with it!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

Mine is mostly old school rock and roll and old country.

A little Buffet and lately Joe Bonamassa. 

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    For those of you with Bluray players and 5.1 surround systems, and like "smoky jazz", this disk is incredible!  Now in the top 5 best sounding disks in my collection (and its big).  
    This isn't grillin' music; this is pork butt or brisket music, 4 a.m. included, and very good, uh, "dessert" music too.  
    ;)

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• Listening to the Greatful Dead on XM rsido
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Seanr7
    Seanr7 Posts: 207
    John Prine, JJ Cale, Eddie Vedder and Amos Lee have been my goto's.
    XL BGE
  • Depends on the mood and time of day...Sometimes Miles Davis, sometimes Floyd, sometimes  Groove Salad on SomaFM...Even a bit of classical if it's before sunrise...
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Old Crow Medicine Show

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Lately it's been these two SACD discs:  Amazing.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Helmet
    Helmet Posts: 163
    @YEMTrey - I love the list and your username, we are of ilk nature  :)>-
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • Haven't seen this post for awhile, some new to me that I'm sure I'll like.  I've bookmarked so I don't forget.  I'll listen to just about anything, but like blues and jazz the most.  Just plug in the Ipod on shuffle and let er rip.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I've been listening to a lot of the Avett Brothers lately. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Jesco white! The tap dancing outlaw! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5sK5RvT4THo
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I listen to a lot of Corey Smith.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• what ever kq92 is playing out of Minneapolis.

XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    @justacookin

what ever kq92 is playing out of Minneapolis.

Good stuff! Miss Zepp in the morning but he's rockin the ride home!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Just about anything as long as it it not rap or the Rolling Stones, Maybe I'm just too young (43) but I have never understood why people like the Stones.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    For those that like really southern rock/country/bluegrass check out Yarn- have really gotten into them lately. Comparable to Blue Dog, Sun Volt, Jupiter Coyote, Avett Bros etc
    Greensboro, NC
  • what ever kq92 is playing out of Minneapolis.

That is too cool, Leafs are playing the Wild in MN tonight and I'm going to Frozen Fest in February

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    WeberWho? said:

@justacookin

Minneapolis?
    Husker Du and Soul Asylum!
  • YEMTrey
    @justacookin

Minneapolis? Husker Du and Soul Asylum!
    [-X

Steve 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    lwrehm said:
    Just about anything as long as it it not rap or the Rolling Stones, Maybe I'm just too young (43) but I have never understood why people like the Stones.
    Heh, I have so many friends whom I respect so much, who love the Stones, and I don't quite get it either.  They, as a band, always sound like they were ready to fall apart at any moment, but they never quite do.  
    Their hit "Shattered", however, makes me smile every time I hear it!  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• YEMTrey
    Botch said:
    lwrehm said:
    Heh, I have so many friends whom I respect so much, who love the Stones, and I don't quite get it either.  They, as a band, always sound like they were ready to fall apart at any moment, but they never quite do.  
    I'm in the minority I know.  But I prefer the Stones way more than the Beatles.

Steve 

• Eggcelsior
    Don't worry @YEMTrey. Prince is up there too. He just transcends classic rock and is on his own plane. Sort of like those pesky Beatles.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Wolfpack said:
    For those that like really southern rock/country/bluegrass check out Yarn- have really gotten into them lately. Comparable to Blue Dog, Sun Volt, Jupiter Coyote, Avett Bros etc
    @Wolfpack Just checked them out...good stuff.  And from Brooklyn?  Sounds like they should be from Appalachia, the Ozarks or the Texas/Oklahoma border.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Eggcelsior
    Botch said:

lwrehm said:

It's Gimme Shelter and Starfucker for me.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    YEMTrey said:

WeberWho? said:

@justacookin

Minneapolis?
    Husker Du and Soul Asylum!

[-X

We had Bobby before Prince.

That Prince is a weird dude. His studio is a few miles down the road from me. He use to drive a bright pink BMW with gold rims around town.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806

As far as the Stones, this is my favorite.  Girl With the Faraway Eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBQIN4LItiA

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

Botch said:

lwrehm said:

It's Gimme Shelter and Starfucker for me.

Hey, it's only rock and roll but I like it...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Now that no one is outside when I cook------- I do love a good Polka!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI