Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite music to Egg by?

The first lesson this forum taught me was to have patience as I learn how to use my new BGE. That was quickly followed with lessons (highly endorsed lessons) regarding the benefits of adult beverages while being patient with my Eggucation. I was thinking that the right set of tunes would pull the whole eggsperience together. I was just wondering if you would like to share your favorite music listen to when your egging?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Jimmy Buffett and Rod Stewart or anything pre 1970.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Clash is my favorite band to listen to pretty much anytime.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Right now, i'm stuck on Vince Gill after seeing his show a few months ago!!  Great Show...
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    edited June 2013
    I agree music is a key ingredient to relaxin but cannot pick a single genre as a wide spectrum is enjoyed in our house
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    I am a parrot head through and through.....has to be Jimmy B
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Pre 1990 Country Music is Great. 70's Rock and Roll is very cool!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    We listen to Rock N Roll

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    I listen to Classic Rewind or The Highway on XM Radio. Perfect mix for Eggin'.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682

If I listen it would be The Band, Bob Dylan, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Gillian Welch, Kieran Kane and Kevin Welch, Jerry Jeff Walker.  Or I just park it on the back stoop and plinkity plunk on the guitar and mandolin..

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• 70chevelle
    70chevelle Posts: 280
    Pandora is my goto.   The main genre's I listen to are Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Hall & Oates, Steely Dan, and Supertramp.  I bought a cool pair of Omni-directional planter speakers last year, and they do a fantastic job on the deck/outdoor kitchen. 
  • JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Delbert McClinton tunes always seem to enhance my Eggsperiences.
    Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • BrotherEgg
    BrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Wow! This is going to be the most eggclectic playlist I've ever put together. Keep 'em coming.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Tragically Hip, The Band, The Dead, Who, Floyd, John Prine, Bonnie Raitt, John Lee and lately Carolyn Wonderland.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Country. Especially the old stuff.
    Flint, Michigan
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Jimmy Bufett , Willie Nelson, The Eagles , Dolly Parton ,Eric Clapton ,James Taylor , Gordon Lightfoot and 60's and 70's.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    @BrotherEgg, if you're looking to put together a playlist below are a bunch of songs that find their way onto playlists quite often:
    Return of the Grievous Angel - Gram Parsons
    The Weight - The Band
    Outfit - Drive By Truckers
    Mother Blues - Ray Wylie Hubbard
    Tour of Duty - Jason Isbell
    Portland Oregon - Loretta Lynn and Jack White
    Set 'Em Up Joe - Jamey Johnson
    King of the Road - Roger Miller
    Dollar a Day - Ryan Bingham
    Choctaw Bingo - James McMurtry
    Dixie Chicken - Little Feat
    Gin and Juice - The Gourds
    My Lover's Prayer - Otis Redding
    Body of an American - The Pogues
    Daughter - Louden Wainwright III
    Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
    Stomp and Holler - Hayes Carll
    The House That Jack Built - Aretha Franklin
    Cry to Me - Solomon Burke
    Two More Bottles of Wine - Emmylou Harris
    Shelter From the Storm - Bob Dylan

Of course, there are also times when we just want to crank out some Billie Holiday or Miles Davis, or some Glenn Gould and throw the neighbors for a bit of a loop.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• qprhooligan
    qprhooligan Posts: 126
    Pink Floyd is my favorite egg music.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806

Texas/Red Dirt/alt country:

Robert Earl Keen, Jr.

Jason Boland & the Stragglers

Randy Rogers Band

Turnpike Troubadours

Chris Knight

Reckless Kelly

Sons of Bill

Eleven Hundred Springs

The Derailers, etc., etc.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    Birds chirping, kids laughing in the back yard, and the sound of the wife oohing and awing over what I'm cooking.  That's the music I prefer.  

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I like it all, but Kentucky Headhunters from the "country" genre, AC/DC from the "rock" genre, Rolling Stones from the "country/rock" genre and all the blues artists from Robert Johnson and Leadbelly to Joe Bonamassa. Or like @gabriegger I sit and make my own music... 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    GQuiz said:
    I listen to Classic Rewind or The Highway on XM Radio. Perfect mix for Eggin'.
    I feel you on The Highway man, that's my go-to driving and cooking station. 
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    +1 with @CharlieTN (minus the kids laughing in the back yard). But I've seen some great tunes and bands listed in many of the responses!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Beginning of the cook would be Clapton,end of cook or night whatever comes last it would be Korn or Zombie with a bit of ol school Metallica thrown in

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Pitbull, J Lo, Rihanna, Macklemore, and any old school groups, TLC, Run D, M, C., and any new Country. I do listen to Johnny Cash.  
  • GatoGordo
    GatoGordo Posts: 80
    I enjoy cooking on Saturdays while listening to live broadcasts from the Metropolitan Opera.
    LBGE, Stoker WiFi, UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    We don't have music outside, but inside I cook to country music (old and new).
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.