Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite music to Egg by?

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Well, Acn had a pretty decent playlist there.  Myself, I was 15 in '55, so I dig real rock n roll, and the old R&B stuff.  I just crank up an Oldies station loud enough so I can hear it on the deck.

:P
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Can't believe no one has mentioned Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is a genius. Also a big Green Day fan. Basically anything with really loud guitars.
  • I'm a late nineties kid, so Sister Hazel and Better than Ezra. I also reign from Alabama, so you can't go wrong with Skynyrd.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    i go through phases.  foo fighters is my all time favorite band ever.  but lately its been 90's grunge rock (nirvana, pearl jam, stone temple pilots, alice in chains.)  before that was old school punk (black flag, social distortion, the ramones etc.).  But I go through outlaw country phases, john denver type music, indie rock, and newer rock like the foo fighters, kings of leon, band of horses.  
  • dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    Ole time country and Blue Grass, While I'm a Pickin on my Dobro and cooking some great food and having some loud mouth soup. Oh ya and sometimes I get out the Saw or the bones or Uke. Really fun when my friend brings his Banjo over

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Deryl Dodd, Kentucky Head Hunters, Zeppelin, The Who, Clapton, Jimmy Thackery, Johnnie Winter, Keb Mo, AC/DC, Luciano Pavarotti, Boney James, Diana Krall, Los Lobos, Gipsy Kings,
    Savoy Brown, Canned Heat, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Hendrix, CSN&Y, Yes, ELO, Elton John, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Patsy Cline, Bonnie Rait, BB King, Buddy Guy, Otis Spahn, Oscar Robertson, John Klemmer, Dave Koz, Rick Braun, Travis Tritt, George Strait, Charlie Pride,
    Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Dwight Yoakum, Buck Owens, Hank Williams Jr, Ero Ramazotti, Toto Cutugno, Nek, Laura Pausini, TuPac, Celia Cruz, Maria De Barros, Cesaria Evora, Gloria Estafan, Paco De Lucia, Camaron de la Ilsa, Phillipe Montero, Cheb Mami, Fela Kuti, Paola & Chiara, and the list goes on.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Thatgrimguy said:

Your backyard sounds like mine!! I have exactly the same collection minus John.  I'm north of Keesler Air Force base and live on the river. Water life is wonderful isn't it?
    Yes, and the flybys never get old!  We are near Patrick Air Force Base.
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Lightnin' Hopkins.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053

Savage Garden and Lady Gaga on Pandora.

But if I really want to stir up the neighborhood, I crank up The Queen of the Night from Mozart's Magic Flute on the deck speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ODfuMMyss

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    NOTHING! - Damn bird built it's nest on top of one of my deck speakers.  Have a few weeks to go.  Maybe I should fry the little bastards up in an omelet.
    Milton, GA.
  • Safety Dance...the original not the remix. Over and over again.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Safety Dance...the original not the remix. Over and over again.

He'll yes! Love me some Men Without Hats and other post punk new wave. Pet Shop Boys too. Nothing better to annoy SWMBO. Joy Division/New Order are one of my favorite groups. Punk/alternative/indie FTW!
  • @Eggcelsior:  Joy Division/New Order?  Pet Shop Boys?  

We should probably hang out.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    My list is ever-changing, but there are a few that seem to be recurrant:

Reckless Kelly
    Trash Can Sinatras
    Pearl Jam
    Travis
    Keane
    Zep
    Alex DeGrassi
    REO (1 album, "Live:  You Get What You Play For" - Made before they became soft pop jack@$$es)
    Eagles

Sorry for the justification for REO, but it is a breakthrough moment when I admit it in public.  Please listen to the album before you judge me.  L-)
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Usually bob marley, sublime, or Johnny cash radio when I'm not watching something on Netflix.
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363

Avenged Sevenfold

Nickelback

Papa Roach

3 Doors Down

Hinder

Crossfade

Matchbox 20

Daughtry

Gin Blossoms

Guns N Roses

Metallica

Train

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• cbruce
    cbruce Posts: 19
    I keep the xm radio on  margaritaville station. 

• Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Kings of Leon, Son Volt, The Black Keys....
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Hate to sound like a classic rock guy, but I am. Journey Boston Ted Nugent AC/DC Kansas Styx and then.... Stevie Wonder MJ Motown and then.... Jazz... Diana Krall enjoy
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Toolmaster
    Toolmaster Posts: 41
    I would have to say ZZ TOP !!
    I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

Black Keys, Trombone Shorty, Jack White, Eels, Rage against the Machine,  Lead Belly, Beck, Daft Punk, Kermit Ruffins, Galactic, Die Antwoord....

Mostly Football, Basketball and Baseball.

Die antword? I don't want to reveal too much but let's just say Yolandi really does it for me.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Black Keys, Trombone Shorty, Jack White, Eels, Rage against the Machine,  Lead Belly, Beck, Daft Punk, Kermit Ruffins, Galactic, Die Antwoord....

Die antword? I don't want to reveal too much but let's just say Yolandi really does it for me.
    Ditto.  Something magical.

Ditto.  Something magical.

This made me laugh out loud. Do you have Pink Floyd boxers and homemade neck tattoos?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Everything else is spot on. Rage, the Eels, Daft Punk. I'd also add Patty Griffin, Lyle Lovett and Volbeat

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Oh yeah, 311. Omaha Style.
    what was I thinking

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • BrotherEgg
    BrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Man, I thought that I was going to be able to find a consensus here but other than quite a few  Jimmy Buffet fans, not a chance. I love it!

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • 70chevelle
    70chevelle Posts: 280
    caliking said:
    I usually listen to old school blues - BB King, muddy waters, John Lee Hooker, and others. @70chevelle: can you give us some info about your speakers ?

Not very expensive and they are not made to critically listen. Here's a link to them on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/OSD-Audio-PS520-Planter-Speakers/dp/B0016BTHTC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371130257&sr=8-1&keywords=planter+speaker

They've lasted thru a few winters and the flowers seem to grow very well in them :)  Most people get the perplexed look on their face and try and find the speakers.  No one has succeeded yet.   

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Willie Nelson, Jerry Butler, Hank Williams Jr., The Drifters, Garth Brooks, The Dells, and I absolutely can't believe that no one has mentioned David Allan Coe.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited June 2013
    Past couple of weeks I've been revisiting Jethro Tull as I Egg

Sitting on the park bench eyeing little girls with bad intent? >-)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Dredger said:
    Willie Nelson, Jerry Butler, Hank Williams Jr., The Drifters, Garth Brooks, The Dells, and I absolutely can't believe that no one has mentioned David Allan Coe.
    The Waylon Jennings, Hank Jr., and Willie come on well after I'm done Egging.  I'm usually in Centex mode when those are being played.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio