Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite music to Egg by?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SaltySam said:
    Ditto.  Something magical.
    This made me laugh out loud. Do you have Pink Floyd boxers and homemade neck tattoos?
    Nope, but I can live the trashy Zef life vicariously.
    edited June 2013
    Moonshine Bandits, Colt Ford and Big Smo

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• avibug
    avibug Posts: 172
    Lots of good selections here, but since I don't think they were mentioned:  Old 97's and Guster.
    SaltySam Posts: 887

Guster performed on "Live at Darryl's house" about a week ago.  It was a great episode.  Hope you got to see it.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Depends on the mood I'm in at the time.

Typically country, everything from keith urban, kenny chesney, all the way to johnny cash, and hank, willie and merle haggard.

Then other times, techno (aarmin van buuren, tiesto and such)

There is also dubstep which is always good when in the mood.

I like rap, seems like less and less as I get older, a lot of the new stuff is just lame to me.

Always like some smooth jazz and classical as well.

Some days I want to hurt people and I will listen to hatebreed, devildriver, parkway drive and others.

Again, it all depends on the mood.....

That is all...

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• BizGreenEgg
    BizGreenEgg Posts: 301

I'm a HUGE Ween fan.

Grew up on punk rock.  Social D, Dead Kennedy's, Op Ivy, NOFX, Rancid, Dropkick...

Got older and mellowed out a bit and now listen to everything.  Current playlist is also affected by SWMBO so it's things like the Head and The Heart, Daft Punk, Flaming Lips, Phoenix, Passion Pit, Bright Eyes, Fitz and the Tantrums, Frightened Rabbit, Dr. Dog, Weezer, The National, The Shins, Death Cab, Blitzentrapper, Local Natives, RJD2, Arcade Fire, Tokyo Police Club, Typhoon...

Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • This has been great, but it's made me feel old and out of touch.  I'd say I haven't heard of half the music posted here.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited June 2013
    This has been great, but it's made me feel old and out of touch.  I'd say I haven't heard of half the music posted here.
    Just look around the room and throw out the name of a random object and pretend it is an indy band.

I really like this new band called "My Daughters Sunglasses".  They are indy...you probably haven't heard of them.  Also "Paracord Wristbands" is pretty sweet.  

Oh...and "Crooked Lampshade" puts on a great show.  If you get a chance to see them live it is unreal. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• BrotherEgg
    BrotherEgg Posts: 95
    This has been great, but it's made me feel old and out of touch.  I'd say I haven't heard of half the music posted here.
    On the other hand... it love that fact that this hobby of ours appeals to all ages. The Mothership probably got some great demographic data from this thread.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I'm a HUGE Ween fan.

Grew up on punk rock.  Social D, Dead Kennedy's, Op Ivy, NOFX, Rancid, Dropkick...

Got older and mellowed out a bit and now listen to everything.  Current playlist is also affected by SWMBO so it's things like the Head and The Heart, Daft Punk, Flaming Lips, Phoenix, Passion Pit, Bright Eyes, Fitz and the Tantrums, Frightened Rabbit, Dr. Dog, Weezer, The National, The Shins, Death Cab, Blitzentrapper, Local Natives, RJD2, Arcade Fire, Tokyo Police Club, Typhoon...

BIG JILM
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Oh yeah!  I didn't expect another new studio album from these guys in this lifetime, but here it is!  I'm a very, very happy camper right now.   :-bd

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• Radioparadise.com. Great mix of music.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Currently listening to the Irish Pub Rock mix on Pandora
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    I have everything on my ipod from Frank Sinatra to Frank Zappa and listen to it from A to Z, 2700 songs and adding new ones all the time. My  latest new favorite is Ana Popovic, I think she is the hands down best blues guitar player to come around since Stevie Ray Vaughan.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited September 2013
    Once I get everything humming along smoothly, it's all about AC/DC!!
    Yeah!!

Packerland, Wisconsin

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Allman Brothers, Tedechi Trucks Band, Pink Floyd. And I'm 31. Good music spans generations.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    I'll listen to most anything. Watercolors on XM 90% of the time. 70's and 80's rock. Loved the Disco days. Tiger baseball. Rap and Metal make my ears bleed.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• I have everything on my ipod from Frank Sinatra to Frank Zappa and listen to it from A to Z, 2700 songs and adding new ones all the time. My  latest new favorite is Ana Popovic, I think she is the hands down best blues guitar player to come around since Stevie Ray Vaughan.
    I'll have to check her out. Have you heard Carolyn Wonderland?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I listen more to sports.  When I'm listening to music it's most always country.  Mostly old, but some new.  My hearing sux so a lot of time I can't hear conversation over music.  To keep Wilma from clubbering me with the evening's newspaper for not listening when she's with me, I listen to whatever game is on. 

Flint, Michigan
  • biznork
    biznork Posts: 112

Ole time country and Blue Grass, While I'm a Pickin on my Dobro and cooking some great food and having some loud mouth soup. Oh ya and sometimes I get out the Saw or the bones or Uke. Really fun when my friend brings his Banjo over

I used to play the dobro. Been playing the banjo for about twenty years. It's a really effective way to annoy my wife.

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    I forgot to add Polka's

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• some Cajun and Zydeco will fit the bill

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • We listen to the following Pandora stations while egging: Luckenbach Tx, Alabama, Widespread, Rusted Root, Little Feat, Alabama, Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers, Steely Dan, Mumford & Sons, and the Highwaymen.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Country, been into the newer stuff lately, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, etc
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    Any live album from Dave Matthews Band
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Miley Cyrus.  Probably the greatest singer of the 21st century.  She touches my inner soul.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Miley Cyrus.  Probably the greatest singer of the 21st century.  She touches my inner soul.

I am shocked. 

Flint, Michigan
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    edited September 2013
    GK59 said:
    I forgot to add Polka's

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Listening to Waylon Jennings on Pandora, prolly move to some metal later tonight

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.