Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite music to Egg by?

1789101113»

Comments

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited April 2015

ok how do you post a you tube video?

• UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    YEMTrey said:
    ...it came with a free XM Radio subscription for 3 months.
    ...Seriously considering subscribing once the trial period ends.
    When they get you on the phone, be reluctant to re-up. Tell them that you aren't in the car that much so it just isn't worth it to you.

Depending on how well you "sell" it, they WILL drop the per month price and give you a much better deal!  ...if I remember correctly I never paid more than 7.99/mo. for over 2 years (till I sold the car).
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    Jimmy Buffett
    Gambrills,Maryland

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    YEMTrey said:
    My mood has shifted this spring.  I've been listening to a bunch of Wilco, Son Volt and Jayhawks. 
    Might as well add some Uncle Tupelo to your mix  =)
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    YEMTrey said:
    I do have to admit that I just purchased a new car and it came with a free XM Radio subscription for 3 months.  It has not been changed from the Grateful Dead channel in the 13 days I've owned it!  Seriously considering subscribing once the trial period ends.
    I got it free for a year myself, and have it playing through sonos as I type this...

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    Ryan Bingham has been on heavy rotation in the truck.  The guy can play

https://youtu.be/dhcle0ZcZjM
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEggSun said:
    My list is ever-changing, but there are a few that seem to be recurrant:

Reckless Kelly
    Trash Can Sinatras
    Pearl Jam
    Travis
    Keane
    Zep
    Alex DeGrassi
    REO (1 album, "Live:  You Get What You Play For" - Made before they became soft pop jack@$$es)
    Eagles

Sorry for the justification for REO, but it is a breakthrough moment when I admit it in public.  Please listen to the album before you judge me.  L-)
    Don't feel bad REO is one of my guilty pleasures but you're right I don't admit it too often.
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    "Sounds of Silence"?  I don't like distractions when I am engaged in a serious business.  Actually, I usually listen to talk radio if I am outside cooking or gardening.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,908
    Blues ... especially newer artists like Keb'Mo, Ana Popovic, Gin Wigmore, and some Dr. John for good measure.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited April 2015
    Dueling banjos or polka.   Seriously, I'm not tending the grill that long.  I do have a lawn TV (out in the weather, gets rained on) and it's hooked up to the cable box in the bedroom.  I'll put on some sports or whatever.  I can switch the input to Roku and play pandora.  I like all kinds of music, I guess my BBQ stuff would be Trombone Shorty or Kermit Ruffins.
    bboulier said:
    "Sounds of Silence"?  I don't like distractions when I am engaged in a serious business.  Actually, I usually listen to talk radio if I am outside cooking or gardening.
    Ever listen to "Structures from Silence".  It's great stuff if you can maintain consciousness.  Heck, it's great stuff even if you lose consciousness.  Just might be counter-productive if egging.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Wanna give something "different" a try?  Were you a fan of the (recently ended) TV show "Justified"?  ...well the group that did the theme song has a new CD out and yes, the Justified theme is on it. (I miss that show already!!)

American Music by Ganstagrass (2015)

...and yes, their name aptly reflects their music style.  They blend Bluegrass and Rap/Hip Hop.   It would take me too long to explain it... suffice to say that it works.

Even if you H-A-T-E Rap music give this a listen, you might be surprised.
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    Grateful Dead, Zeppelin, Art Tatum, Tony Bennet, CSN(Y), etc.
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Tonight it was Allman Brothers and Blind Melon while making burgers for the kids and steak and baked potatoes for the wife and i.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Right now there is a live broadcast of the Buffet concert on the Sirius Margaritaville station.   That is going down just fine with a cocktail and a couple briskets that I'm throwing on now.  
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Crickets and spring peepers.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,983
    I went deep in the old vinyl on tonight's cook. Grand Funk Railroad, Blues Image, Rare Earth, Three Dog Night, and finished with the Who - Live at Leeds. 
    Food was great too.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Don't know if anyone else listens to podcasts, but if you do I highly recommend the Gravy podcast from the Southern Foodways Alliance.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Okay, I wasn't egging.
    But a cool breeze, a beautiful passing thunderstorm, and a roaring fire made me think of this tune.  Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt2O4Y_sQ98

Send your camel to bed!  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,983
    Song: Have You Ever Loved a Woman
    Album: 1 More Car 1 More Rider, Live Tour 2001
    Artist: Eric Clapton
    special note: Billy Preston played on this tour. "Billy Preston, was the 5th Beatle, played with the Stones, Clapton, basically all the big names of music, and every Sunday, he played in his Church"
    Rolling Stone Magazine
    He is missed.
    His solo towards the end of this song, is the very reason this man was a valued asset to every musician he played along side. This man had soul. Deep, rich and could make you feel it.
    Check it out sometime, if you enjoy blues.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Tor
    Tor Posts: 9
    Use Pandora and shuffle Carolina Beach Music, Jimmy Bufett, Kenny Chesney

Large Big Green Egg

Danville, VA

• Trixie_Belle
    Trixie_Belle Posts: 163
    Vintage Alabama....and I'm NOT a country music fan!!!   
    BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,163
    I am a Deep Tracks XM kind of guy. Now I love the Grateful Dead station....but wifey want let me play it if she is participating in the outside lounge / cooking area. If I get specific to an artist...this is where i usually go:
    Marshal Tucker Band
    Traveling Wilburys
    Van Morrison
    Stones
    TP & the Heartbreakers
    Dire Straits
    Bob Dylan
    Leonard Cohen
    Little Feat
    Dobbie Brothers
    Allman Bro's
    Blues Traveler
    Cat Stevens
    CCR
    ZZ Top
    Dave Mason
    Beatles (together or solo)
    Mott the Hoople
    JJ Cale
    Joe Walsh
    Traffic
    Eagles
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • big fan of:
    little feat
    abb
    tedeschi trucks
    oteil and the peacemakers
    dumpstafunk
    the nth power
    rock candy funk party
    zep
    loggins and messina
    widespread panic 
    anything clapton
    railroad earth

LBGE

North East Florida

Go Jags

What I would like for every football team to do that we play is to sit there and say, ‘I hate playing against these guys' -Nick Saban