Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite music to Egg by?

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Past couple of weeks I've been revisiting Jethro Tull as I Egg

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Thick as a (fire)Brick. I see a connection.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,718
    We don't have music outside, but inside I cook to country music (old and new). 

Wait... with as much time as you spend on your egg and you haven't bought a radio for outside!?!?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Kenny nailed it! "Texas/Red Dirt/alt country"

I'll add to his list:
    Cross Canadian Ragweed
    Josh Abbott Band
    Roger Creager
    Stoney Larue
    Bleu Edmondson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447

country - Conway / Stonewall Jackson / George Jones / Merle Haggard /Marty Robbins /

new country - Brooks & Dunn / Alan Jackson / Tracy Byrd /

other - Fabulous Thunderbirds / George Thoroughgood / Stones / Boston / Clapton

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited June 2013
    Live from Daryl's House has some great guest performances. 

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/currentep.html?ep_id=67
    OLDER: Van Morrison, Allman Brothers, Stevie Wonder, Tom Petty (or traveling wilburys), CCR   
    NEW:  Avett Brothers, Black Keys, Passion Pit, Vampire Weekend, Mumford & Sons, MGMT, Deer Tick
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited June 2013

Wait... with as much time as you spend on your egg and you haven't bought a radio for outside!?!?
    haha!  I don't miss it. :)  I listen to music all day at work (home office). 
    When I'm outside cooking I usually just drink a beer, talk to John, and watch the birds, fish, bunnies, lizards, boats, and flybys from the air force base. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • BrotherEgg
    BrotherEgg Posts: 95
    These are fantastic suggestions. I thought I had a pretty broad music collection but you guys have certainly expanded my horizon. I gotta go... I just received an e-mail notification that iTunes has a sale going on. Good thing I've already placed my orders for my short list of Eggssesories.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • NEWB_IN_NOLA
    NEWB_IN_NOLA Posts: 135
    Gino D'Auri, Vandaveer, Bob Dylan, Glen David Andrews, the Quavers, Ray Charles, Dan Auerbach, Yonder Mountain String Band, MGMT, Dock Boggs, Soul Rebels, Jose Gonzales, Beirut, Bonnie Prince Billy, or Gary Clark Jr. 
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,616
    Any baseball game that is on...... No baseball? Then I usually listen to 90's rock or alternative or classic rock. I like all country music too but can get burnt out on it pretty fast.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Socalcajudo
    Socalcajudo Posts: 132
    Usually for me it's anything from classic rock to reggae to island music similar like hawaiian reggae and such.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    YEMTrey said:

I agree.  I have to have some tunes going while I'm Egging.  But it runs the gamut on what I'm in the mood for and what level of drunkenness I am at.  These are the most listened to:

Allman Brothers
    Chris Robinson Brotherhood
    Wilco
    Zack Brown Band
    Kenny Chesney
    George Jones
    Grateful Dead
    Derek Trucks

Given your user name I totally expected to see Phish on this list.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    Gino D'Auri, Vandaveer, Bob Dylan, Glen David Andrews, the Quavers, Ray Charles, Dan Auerbach, Yonder Mountain String Band, MGMT, Dock Boggs, Soul Rebels, Jose Gonzales, Beirut, Bonnie Prince Billy, or Gary Clark Jr. 
    @newb_in_nola
    Philip - saw Yonder Mountain String Band at the Fais Do-do stage a few years back, I was very impressed.  btw - everything came together, thanks for the advice

Acn said:

@BrotherEgg, if you're looking to put together a playlist below are a bunch of songs that find their way onto playlists quite often:
    Return of the Grievous Angel - Gram Parsons
    The Weight - The Band
    Outfit - Drive By Truckers
    Mother Blues - Ray Wylie Hubbard
    Tour of Duty - Jason Isbell
    Portland Oregon - Loretta Lynn and Jack White
    Set 'Em Up Joe - Jamey Johnson
    King of the Road - Roger Miller
    Dollar a Day - Ryan Bingham
    Choctaw Bingo - James McMurtry
    Dixie Chicken - Little Feat
    Gin and Juice - The Gourds
    My Lover's Prayer - Otis Redding
    Body of an American - The Pogues
    Daughter - Louden Wainwright III
    Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
    Stomp and Holler - Hayes Carll
    The House That Jack Built - Aretha Franklin
    Cry to Me - Solomon Burke
    Two More Bottles of Wine - Emmylou Harris
    Shelter From the Storm - Bob Dylan

Of course, there are also times when we just want to crank out some Billie Holiday or Miles Davis, or some Glenn Gould and throw the neighbors for a bit of a loop.

@acn - are you from Austin?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Acn said:

@BrotherEgg, if you're looking to put together a playlist below are a bunch of songs that find their way onto playlists quite often:
    Return of the Grievous Angel - Gram Parsons
    The Weight - The Band
    Outfit - Drive By Truckers
    Mother Blues - Ray Wylie Hubbard
    Tour of Duty - Jason Isbell
    Portland Oregon - Loretta Lynn and Jack White
    Set 'Em Up Joe - Jamey Johnson
    King of the Road - Roger Miller
    Dollar a Day - Ryan Bingham
    Choctaw Bingo - James McMurtry
    Dixie Chicken - Little Feat
    Gin and Juice - The Gourds
    My Lover's Prayer - Otis Redding
    Body of an American - The Pogues
    Daughter - Louden Wainwright III
    Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
    Stomp and Holler - Hayes Carll
    The House That Jack Built - Aretha Franklin
    Cry to Me - Solomon Burke
    Two More Bottles of Wine - Emmylou Harris
    Shelter From the Storm - Bob Dylan

Of course, there are also times when we just want to crank out some Billie Holiday or Miles Davis, or some Glenn Gould and throw the neighbors for a bit of a loop.

@acn - are you from Austin?
    Nope, originally from Maine, now just outside Baltimore, MD.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• sarivers
    sarivers Posts: 67
    gpsegg said:

Jimmy Bufett , Willie Nelson, The Eagles , Dolly Parton ,Eric Clapton ,James Taylor , Gordon Lightfoot and 60's and 70's.

Good but you need to add a little beach music to that. Embers, Tams, Billy Stewart, Four Tops, Jackie Wilson, Otis Redding, OC Smith or just anything on the juke box on the boardwalk at Myrtle Beach or OD in the 60s.
    Columbia, SC

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Depends on what sport season it is.  When I am listening to music it's Pearl Jam, Hendrix, Guns N' Roses (pre Axl stealing the name and replacing the rest of the band), Stevie Ray Vaughn.  Sometimes can get as aggressive as Slipknot, other times can be as mellow as B.B. King.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Listen thru my iPhone on my Bose sound dock - love that thing!

Pandora stations that I / we listen to

The Who
    Johnny Cash
    Gordon Lightfoot
    Classical Guitar
    Trombone Shorty
    SRV
    James Taylor
    Zac Brown
    The Dropkick Murphy's... Actually I just call the station Irish Pub Music
    The Blues

And if they're playing, Tiger's baseball or the Phillies
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Acn said:
    I agree.  I have to have some tunes going while I'm Egging.  But it runs the gamut on what I'm in the mood for and what level of drunkenness I am at.  These are the most listened to:

Allman Brothers
    Chris Robinson Brotherhood
    Wilco
    Zack Brown Band
    Kenny Chesney
    George Jones
    Grateful Dead
    Derek Trucks
    Given your user name I totally expected to see Phish on this list.
    There are a few bands that didn't make the initial cut but get regular playing time.  Phish, WSP, Bela Fleck, etc.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Im a Deadhead so it goes without saying the GRATEFUL DEAD
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • pirates21
    pirates21 Posts: 74
    Warren Haynes Band Live at the Moody Theatre. Awesome stuff!!
    Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Gotta go bootie and the blowfish, matchbox 20, and Tom Petty off pandora it puts all sorts of great tunes together
  • nolaegghead
    Im a Deadhead so it goes without saying the GRATEFUL DEAD
    I thought you guys also like Phish, Widespread Panic and Galactic....
    Mostly Jimmy Buffett and Kenny Chesney!
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 597
    Dave Matthews Band.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,718

haha!  I don't miss it. :)  I listen to music all day at work (home office). 
    When I'm outside cooking I usually just drink a beer, talk to John, and watch the birds, fish, bunnies, lizards, boats, and flybys from the air force base. 
    Your backyard sounds like mine!! I have exactly the same collection minus John.  I'm north of Keesler Air Force base and live on the river. Water life is wonderful isn't it?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Jimmy Buffett station on Pandora.
    Yankees game on XM Radio.
    Ray Wylie Hubbard
    Jerry Jeff Walker
    Robert Earl Keen
    Billy Joe Shaver
    Hayes Carl
    Bruce Springsteen
    James McMurtry
    Merle Haggard
    George Jones
    George Strait
    Buck Owens
    Waylon Jennings
    Old School Ice Cube
    and a new guy - Jamey Johnson

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC