Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need to confess and get something off my chest

I ate an Arby's brisket sandwich today and it wasn't too bad  :-)

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I have been intrigued. And now I might want it.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    It is not reconstituted meat like their roast beef? Gerhard
  • maybe i love brisket too much but this just made me sad
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Further to another thread we had on the serving temp to reheat meat, Arby's at least has standards...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797

gerhardk said:

No
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Further to another thread we had on the serving temp to reheat meat, Arby's at least has standards...
    Dr. Marby does not want you to get sick from food poisoning. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    "That's longer than I smoke my meat.". Lol. ( Neil is a very funny guy. I wish they had let him do the commercial by himself.)

I had a few. Its certainly not a Tennessee Beef and Cheddar from my favorite local barbecue Restaurant, but it sure beats McDonalds or a lot of other fast food.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • It's slow smoked for at least 13 hours. Come on man!

XLBGE 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I had one and liked it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I had a McRib not long ago and liked it. Am I a bad person?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Skiddymarker
    Mickey said:
    I had a McRib not long ago and liked it. Am I a bad person?
    Yes, but not because you had a McRib........ Salt of the earth Mickey, salt of the earth!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    That's it. I'm outta here !!!! :-&

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• 3sheets
    3sheets Posts: 81
    Now we're just talking about Faux Que.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    This used to be a much friendlier place...
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Mickey
    Hate, just so much hate [-(
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

We rarely get to taste each other's cooks.  The fact that @Mickey likes the McRib gives us some insight...

The pic he has posted of his chicken wings is confirmatory...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    edited October 2013
    Foghorn said:

We rarely get to taste each other's cooks.  The fact that @Mickey likes the McRib gives us some insight...

The pic he has posted of his chicken wings is confirmatory...

Good is good. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Something does not look the same.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

•  
    gerhardk said:

No
    http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
  • Mickey
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Something does not look the same.

Must be the iPhone I am using to take the picture.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2013
    With the vacuity of talent on this forum, it seems rather non sequitur to me to voice castigation to someone willing to explore alternative solutions.  Mickey is obsequious in every one of his posts, and the hateful response to his post that I see here is obfuscating to me.

If we are to ameliorate the quality of this forum, then we should vaunt Mickey's attempts at cooking and testing rather than emphasize the paucity of his achievements.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    With the vacuity of talent on this forum, it seems rather non sequitur to me to voice castigation to someone willing to explore alternative solutions.  Mickey is obsequious in every one of his posts, and the hateful response to his post that I see here is obfuscating to me.

If we are to ameliorate the quality of this forum, then we should vaunt Mickey's attempts at cooking and testing rather than emphasize the paucity of his achievements.
    Hate, just so much hate. Is it because I am just so much better looking than you?

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    You two need to get a room.

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    I had one also. I thought it was pretty decent. Even had a smoke ring.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869

What the hell does this say ?? I don't have time to look up all them words, I'm retired & it's Beer-Thirty.

:-O

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Skiddymarker
    edited October 2013
    Oh -0h, VI is taking them Howard Cosell geriatric vitamins again...... I'm with you @bud812, it is beer thirty!
  • Mickey
    edited October 2013
    Oh -0h, VI is taking them Howard Cosell geriatric vitamins again...... I'm with you @bud812, it is beer thirty!
    From what I understand VI talks like this when he takes the little blue triangle pill. Just the odd way it effects him by swelling his brain.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2013
    I am but a poor man, raised by Romanian gypsies in Northern Mexico.  I was born in the wagon of a traveling show, my mamma had to dance for the money they'd throw.  Papa would do whatever he could - preach a little gospel, sell a couple bottles of Dr. Good.

Anyway, I learned English out of a book we stole from Thaddeus P. Goodwell's General Store in Salado, Texas.  The words I used above were in the fourth lesson of Beginning English For Romanian Gypsies in Northern Mexico.  I'm bewildered why some here do not understand these words.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Village Idiot .... Your Mother was Cher?