Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you doing today?

2»

Comments

• Red gravy one the stove and Leafs/Buffalo and copious amounts of beer

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Sitting down wind from the XL waiting to sauce up some BB's enjoying a Ommegong Scythe & Sickle listening to The Spectrum..pretty damn good afternoon!
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • Foghorn said:
    Introducing my wife to the world of college football and the associated tailgating while visiting my daughter in College Station for the first time since she left home 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we're forced to use a gas grill, but we'll make it work.
    Good luck to your daughter. Mine is Class of 1999. 

Will be on my patio watching Johnny Football with some wings cooked on the Egg and some Chili con Queso. Maybe a few beers and cigars.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • finster
    finster Posts: 136
    Just finished a 12 hour shift and have a growler of Sierra Nevada "Beer Camp" Black IPA.  Happy happy happy.
    MBGE in Charleston

• Getting ready for the Equinox party:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Went to work. 1/2 day. I fix wrecked cars. I've been doing it since I was 13. I'll be 31 next week. At this point it's almost as exciting as watching the grass grow. But now I'm watching Penn State whip up on Kent State. And drinking Yuengling. Lots of it. We are!!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  •  

Getting ready for the Equinox party:

My only question is can I get there in time?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Pork Chops & Sweet Potatoes for tonight with a corned beef brisket for an all nighter
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Jeremiah said:
    Went to work. 1/2 day. I fix wrecked cars. I've been doing it since I was 13. I'll be 31 next week. At this point it's almost as exciting as watching the grass grow. But now I'm watching Penn State whip up on Kent State. And drinking Yuengling. Lots of it. We are!!!
    "Penn State!"   Grand daughter has know the cheer since she was 2.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Nothing but eating Mexican food and beer while watching college football.  It's the first weekend this year (with all the rain) when I didn't have to mow 2 yards twice.   NIce weekend. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    henapple said:
    Mancave, football, working on some pizza dough, enjoying this 67 degree weather. @nolaegghead... Lsu/auburn game? Probablynot much of a game
    I dunno.  Auburn always puts up a good fight against LSU.  This is like the 50-somethin' meeting of the teams and they're pretty even win/lose.   I'm recording it....we're headed out to dinner.
    lousubcap said:

@BYS1981- Gotta love the A's and this season.  Could clinch tonight with some help.  A lot less stress than last year's run to the West title.  Should be a fun time.  Did get to Cincy in early Aug to watch them get worked over by the Reds-glad that stretch is history.

So as not to totally hi-jack the thread, today it's ABT's and some chix while checking out baseball and the local college football game.  Tomorrow, ribs and then smoking some peppers for the winter stash of chipotles and more baseball.  It's not time for the No Fun League while baseball is to be played.  FWIW-

yup, last year was fun, but this year is fun too. my kids had a great time, after the 2 hr rain delay the game was fun.
  • avibug
    avibug Posts: 172
    I'm solo with the kids this weekend, so...
    Took kids to library, took kids to toy store (gifts for tomorrow's b-day party), took kids to market. 
    Coached little league game (got crushed, but let my son pitch so he was happy).
    Chicken teriyaki on the Egg. Then movie night with the kids (Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch). 
    Now: bourbon.  
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Daughter is home from college this weekend so going to do up some fajita beef for her to take back and some chicken thighs on the egg for dinner. 
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Recovering from a serious hangover. Oooff. At least I still have all my teeth.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Recovering from a serious hangover. Oooff. At least I still have all my teeth.

The sign of a successful party.  Looks like it was a good weekend for all.  Here is the bone-in ribeye that topped the day off.  Good ending to a good day....

Milton, GA.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Working again!!! Damn 4-12 shifts:(

But will be egging and sippin something tomorrow:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Just pulled ABT'S & stuffed shrooms off the LBGE.  Flattened chicken and 2 pork tenderloins both seasoned with my ancho rub now on.  Soupy potatoes to go in the oven and lots of red wine.  It's a very good day!
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • Range Safety Officer duty at our local club.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Having a dinner party tonight. Flat bread pizza topped with jerk scallops, purple onion, pistachios and arugula. Crab stuffed shrimp with pasta and marinated asparagus. For dessert is an upside down spiced apple cake with caramel topping. A few spirits befor, during and after dinner. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Just did up a small batch of boneless chicken thighs for later this week, and if the girl child wants to take a couple dinner.

I did not even go Cajun and Blacken them this time, victory for me!
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • luist
    luist Posts: 15
    gerhardk said:
    Can you buy eggs in England? We have been to the U.K. 3 times and non our friends had a clue about bbq.

Gerhard
    You certainly can. However they are pretty expensive compared to what you pay. Bbq isn't as big here as in the states, but there is a hardcore of population that get it! Unfortunately bbq in the uk is seen as cooking sausages and burgers on a summer day by the majority of people.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174

@luist-sounds a whole lot like the Q eggsperience you eggsported to the land of OZ.  Thoroughly enjoyed my time Down Under and to each their own. 

BTW-off topic @BYS1981-nothing like a Division Championship to fire up Fall.  Go A's

:)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited September 2013

Had 30 people over for a birthday party x3 (mine, my 3 y/o's, and my best friend's)........30 lbs of pulled pork, 20 lbs brisket, smoked BBQ beans, smoked sausage, deviled eggs, corn bread, homegrown tomato salad, homemade corn salsa, quinoa salad, etc.

Pretty successful cook.  The brisket turned out especially good.  I always put the flat out first, then after everyone has gone through the buffet line, the point cut comes out for me.  A couple people have caught on to this and are already back in line for "seconds" before I even make the first cut.

The only bad thing was that I could only get boneless pork shoulders--Restaurant Depot was out of the bone-in ones when I pick them up on Thursday (probably because of the charity BBQ competition I was sponsoring that night!)  I had never cooked a boneless butts.  Usually the best parts are by the bone, this time they dried out--I used them in the beans.  Stick with the bone in for sure.

I also bought some really nice plastic to-go boxes at Restaurant Depot, so everyone left with 1-2#'s of leftovers in one, and cake in another.

• I cooked my first butt on the egg while I dug the underground and ran the conduit to the patio for our soon to be here hot tub.
    The butt turned out very good thanks to all the information handed out here.

Thanks to all!
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    I chose the short North Ogden Divide/Trappers Loop motorcycle route this afternoon, instead of the longer Uinta ride, thereby missing the first snow of the season!   :-O

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure