Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Pork Chop I've ever had..........

The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
edited August 2013 in Pork
We found a sweet deal on chops so we bought a ton of them, vac sealed, and froze most. What we didn't freeze, we brined (salt, sugar, water) for 4 hours, allowed to air dry then reverse seared.

After the brine, we allowed to air dry until sticky and seasoned with Tsunami Spin. Then I smoked them over apple indirect at 275 until 125 internal. (I had the spider and cast iron in under the AR). I pulled them at 125, pulled the rig and let the temp come up to 600 (2 minutes).  I glazed the chops with stone ground mustard and organic honey from the guy who took the 10,000 bees out of my wall a few months ago. Start with 2 parts honey to 1 part mustard and adjust until first taste is sweet and finish is mustard. 

After the glaze, I seared on the spider/cast iron for about a minute per side brushing with the honey mustard glaze.

Not only was it as good as any chop I've had, it was as good as any steak I've ever had.

TFJ made an awesome sweet/savory tart to go along with it. It was a biscuit crust with butter and rosemary topped with apples and cheese (I'll let her chime in on the recipe. It was really good). 

Finally, we topped the chops with a tarragon mustard cream (super easy and awesome on pork and chicken). 

Soooooooo......here's the proof:- the full plated pic with the tarragon mustard sauce sucked arse. here are the 2 "good" pics I got:

imageimage
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments