Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your favorite nocturnal flying insects?

Mine is the Lampridae.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Lightening bug for sho
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited July 2013
    None, thank you!
    (Hurt like hell when you whack them on the bike, specially June bugs)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I know that they are not insects but bats are cool to watch.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Lightning bugs.. Squish their butts and make glow in the dark war paint
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Dead ones
    Lynnwood WA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Lightning bugs. Nothing says summer like them glowing over the corn fields.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Firefly, a beetle.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Do you have a house yet?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Mickey said:
    Do you have a house yet?
    That's off topic.  How dare you?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Don't need this crap. I'm outta here.

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Mayflies at a Harrisburg Senators baseball game.
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    They must be prescribing some killer drugs for back surgery.  ;)
    Luna moth, though it was really cool one morning at 3 am while observing  the Veil nebula I was swooped by an owl, twice,  the second time it took the Tilley hat off my head. Scared the poop out of me! Found the hat about 20 feet away at sunrise.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Village Idiot
    LOL.  Nola was the only one to catch on that this was a spoof.  I tried to think up a subject where I'd get zero responses.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    LOL.  Nola was the only one to catch on that this was a spoof.  I tried to think up a subject where I'd get zero responses.
    nice save.....but we all know it was the meds kicking in
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Chubbs
    I just figured VI was smoking some crazy stuff last night....
  • Village Idiot
    Now I realize that in order to get zero responses, I should have posted one of Mickey's cooks.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Impossible on this forum, every topic will have someone who finds it interesting and the comments of those who don't are often still worth a look...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chubbs
    Now I realize that in order to get zero responses, I should have posted one of Mickey's cooks.

=)) Especially when he posts pics of his closed eggs or his mini with an empty griddle or wok on it...
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I thought VI was searching for his kin.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    edited July 2013
    Sir you are a hero to many on this forum. You betray the trust by silly postings Sir. You should be ashamed. I understand you were homeless at the time and maybe the screw top MD20/20 had something to do with it.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Mickey said:
    Sir you are a hero to many on this forum. You betray the trust by silly postings Sir. You should be ashamed. I understand you were homeless at the time and maybe the screw top MD20/20 had something to do with it.
    Hey, the screw top is the new cork.  Don't knock it.  And a wine that gives you perfect vision?  Genius.
    Next time ask how much we love you...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited July 2013

VI the sarcasm is not lost. I get it. ;)

No trust is betrayed. In fact, a very bright man.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Wasn't lost on me, totally got it just from the title. Hope your back is healing up just fine.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    VI probably can't lift more than 10 lbs due to surgery. That would account for the 40 oz curls. Gotta keep the pimp hand strong for Salado.
  • Village Idiot
    VI probably can't lift more than 10 lbs due to surgery. That would account for the 40 oz curls. Gotta keep the pimp hand strong for Salado.
    Sometimes, it's all I can do to lift my 32 oz. glass of Cuba Libra.  I even have to forego some of the ice.  But, I consider it physical therapy, so I'm happy to suffer through it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

Sometimes, it's all I can do to lift my 32 oz. glass of Cuba Libra.  I even have to forego some of the ice.  But, I consider it physical therapy, so I'm happy to suffer through it.

If you work hard enough at your physical therapy you might be ready for Plano.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Village Idiot
    Foghorn said:
    Isn't Plano above the Mason-Dixon line?  I don't go that far north.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited July 2013
    Foghorn said:

I thought he should work hard at physical therapy so he can pour his own Cuba Libras from the gallon jugs of rum he undoubtedly uses. I'm sure his wife would welcome not mixing all those drinks everyday.
    Flint, Michigan