Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let's Throw It Down!!!

124»

Comments

• double said:
    So... I had a chicken neck and one piece of bacon left over...I rubbed the neck and cooked it at 400 with some chicken broth. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I had some shrimp handy for lunch today so it seemed that bacon wrapped chicken neck shrimp would be the natural evolution. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos All wrapped up... Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Direct at about 500 till bacon crisped shrimp was perfectly cooked for my taste. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos And on a plate. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    That's kind of cool. Like that. Did someone say bacon?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pwg56
    pwg56 Posts: 93
    @mattman3969 that meal with all the Jamaican overtones is right up my alley. So wish I had some of that (actually all of it, including the punch!) well done!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    @pwg56 - Thanks man!!! I had a blast with this one. The rice will be made will several different dishes in the future

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    This thing was over a week ago. I pulled my pics cause my poof pastry nosedived.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    @little Steven entries had to be in by the end of today...
    Lynnwood WA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    This thing was over a week ago. I pulled my pics cause my poof pastry nosedived.
    dont be a hater....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    henapple said:
    dont be a hater....
    This was his IDEA.  Remember, he is the idea guy.  If we don't let him win he'll take his ideas home and we won't know what to do next around here.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    And the winner is...
    Flint, Michigan
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    I'm guessing @Centex I guess we are all going to get watermelons and brisket ;-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    And the winner is...
    The voting lines stay open until  Thursday 5/30 at 11:59.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• allsid
    allsid Posts: 492
    It would have been fun for this to have had a better response from the board.  I know it got me thinking outside the box-  I hope there are more throw-down's in the future, but it will be more enjoyable if more folks participate IMHO.
    Proud resident of Missoula, MT
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingMontana
    http://grillingmontana.com
    https://instagram.com/grillingmontana

Check out my book on Kamado cooking called Exclusively Kamado:
    http://bit.ly/kamadobook

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935

@allsid, Yea I agree. I think with this forum having no sticky this keeps moving down the thread so people miss it.

On a side not it looks like @SmokeyPitts is the clear leader so far.

• allsid said:
    It would have been fun for this to have had a better response from the board.  I know it got me thinking outside the box-  I hope there are more throw-down's in the future, but it will be more enjoyable if more folks participate IMHO.
    took too long.................
  • Little Steven
    edited May 2013

I did send that link to the mothership but got no reply

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1336538/#Comment_1336538

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPitt
    I was hoping this didn't get bumped up again today ;)

I think it was fun a it worked out great- especially considering it was the first go round on this site.  I think we should keep it going.  I agree that perhaps on the next one we make the time frame a little shorter.  

It's a shame we can't get any response from the mothership.  It would be nice to be able to add something like this as a sticky or perhaps on that "best of" page.  I guess you gotta be a Nascar driver to get a banner. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    Winner picks timing and ingredient, style and/or dish on the next one.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I was hoping this didn't get bumped up again today ;)

I think it was fun a it worked out great- especially considering it was the first go round on this site.  I think we should keep it going.  I agree that perhaps on the next one we make the time frame a little shorter.  

It's a shame we can't get any response from the mothership.  It would be nice to be able to add something like this as a sticky or perhaps on that "best of" page.  I guess you gotta be a Nascar driver to get a banner. 

If I win, raspberry salmon is next!
  • SmokeyPitt
    Isn't this the part where we announce the winner and everyone showers he or she with praise???

• henapple

Isn't this the part where we announce the winner and everyone suhowers he or she with praise???

Shut up
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Winner is @SmokeyPitts, your turn to pick the throwdown dates, times, and cook.
  • henapple
    That's it. He was rude and I object. I'll never eat his cooking again.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I think it was successful. Sorry I didn't participate, I knew I was going to be buys and out of town. I'll try next time.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Fred19Flintstone
    Griffin said:

I think it was successful. Sorry I didn't participate, I knew I was going to be buys and out of town. I'll try next time.

Outta town? Were you on vacation? I think the entries were taken for the entire month of May. Do make an effort, ol' boy!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    edited May 2013
    Congrats @SmokeyPitt . That dish was killer!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Congrats Smokey! Thanks for doing this @fletcherfam. I had fun and I won't do poof pastry again.

Steve 

Caledon, ON