Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TFJ is now on the forum- please send all requests/concerns regarding my behavior to her

Options
The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Her handle is @Girl_on_Grill (which is awesome, Thanks @lakewade for that)

She got on in one day! It took me weeks.Guess they do pay attention up there :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm looking forward to some close-up pics of some very good food!

Wait for it....

@Girl_on_Grill (food) p0rn.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,330
    Options
    Now that could be a dangerous move...time will tell :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Now that could be a dangerous move...time will tell :)
    If she hasn't figured it out by now, nothing that happens on here is going to sway her opinion. She lives with it every day and sadly, it's not much different.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Wilma likes what comes off the Egg, but my cologne "Essence of Egg" is not a turn on as it apparently is for the lady in your avatar.
    Flint, Michigan
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Thanks CT, u walked me through a brisket a couple of weeks ago, finally did one yesterday, came out good.
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @Eggcelsior: Great minds think alike!
    Welcome!  That is just plain awesome.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Welcome TFJ. 
    most forgiving SWMBO'd ever!!! @Girl_on_Grill

Thanks @Eggcelsior:
    Greatest avatar ever!!! 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    TFJ - Welcome!

We can finally quit bugging HWMO (He Who Must Obey) to get you to post some bread tips/info here. :)@henapple - back me up here.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Please do NOT send concerns regarding the behavior of CenTex my way! I will offer a one-time blanket apology:

Dear (your name here),
    I would like to apologize for my husband's offensive (language, photos, behavior, drunkenness). I'm sure he meant no harm and probably intended to be hilarious. Please forgive the impersonal nature of this form letter. I wish I could respond to each complaint in detail, but there simply aren't enough hours in the day.

All My Best,
    TFJ
    WebRep
    currentVote
    noRating
    noWeight
    This could be a standard form letter from most wives on this site.  8-}

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    No wonder they allow the fairer sex on so much faster.

This place is a @#!*% sausage fest.

This should be her avatar:

Ha! it already was! nailed it. It is a sausage fest. Hopefully she will stick around- 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    otter said:
    Thanks CT, u walked me through a brisket a couple of weeks ago, finally did one yesterday, came out good.
    glad it worked out!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Please do NOT send concerns regarding the behavior of CenTex my way! I will offer a one-time blanket apology:

Dear (your name here),
    I would like to apologize for my husband's offensive (language, photos, behavior, drunkenness). I'm sure he meant no harm and probably intended to be hilarious. Please forgive the impersonal nature of this form letter. I wish I could respond to each complaint in detail, but there simply aren't enough hours in the day.

All My Best,
    TFJ
    WebRep
    currentVote
    noRating
    noWeight
    we have that posted on our door at home and she has cards made up for when we are out in public. She gives out 10% off lump coupons at BBQ outfitters for when I have really crossed the line.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,330
    Options
    Can you picture TFJ and Cen-Tex sitting across the table with computers blazing having a great time on the forum...and the kids are going hungry :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tazcrash
    edited April 2013
    Options

Dear (your name here),

All My Best,
    TFJ
    WebRep
    currentVote
    noRating
    noWeight
    Uh-oh.... Enabler. ;)

FWIW, Not only can I thank thank Cen-Tex for my current brisket knowledge, and 2 good ones off the egg. I can thank him for a Woodford reserve habit, and a new zip code (77573). 

OK, He's not responsible for the move, but he made Texas sound fun....(watermelon). 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Welcome aboard @Girl_on_Grill. Glad to have the better half of your team aboard. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    tazcrash said:

Dear (your name here),

All My Best,
    TFJ
    WebRep
    currentVote
    noRating
    noWeight
    Uh-oh.... Enabler. ;)

FWIW, Not only can I thank thank Cen-Tex for my current brisket knowledge, and 2 good ones off the egg. I can thank him for a Woodford reserve habit, and a new zip code (77573). 

OK, He's not responsible for the move, but he made Texas sound fun....(watermelon). 

We are glad to have you Taz!. Glad I got you dialed in on those briskets since you are now a proud resident of our great state. have you gone through a summer down there yet? get ready if not, hope you have a pool. They are great for tossing watermelons in if nothing else (do not do this)

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Can you tell us how high-pitched Cen-Tex's screams were when he saw his egg table the other day?

I imagine that you heard the shriek then ran out to find him like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.

• tazcrash
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I was down here last summer for 2 weeks mid-to late July. 
    Houston, and Austin. 

Bought a house with a in the development, and room for one.  

Had to move to a place where brisket wasn't 10 bucks a lb.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Can you tell us how high-pitched Cen-Tex's screams were when he saw his egg table the other day?

I imagine that you heard the shriek then ran out to find him like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.

still a little freaked out by it.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Welcome, and completely understand the form letter - personal correspondence simply apologizing for (let alone trying to explain) the actions of this brisket smoking, Woodford sipping, table burning maniac would be a full time job. You deserve to be considered for Sainthood. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Welcome, and completely understand the form letter - personal correspondence simply apologizing for (let alone trying to explain) the actions of this brisket smoking, Woodford sipping, table burning maniac would be a full time job. You deserve to be considered for Sainthood. 

Well said....but Woodford gulping (only on weekends now  :| ) is more accurate.

• Eggcelsior
    Options

For everything she is going to have to apologize for, CT will have to build a pedestal so high I'll be able to see it from Maryland.

I'm thinking something like Lord Horatio Nelson's column in Trafalgar Square.

He will toil by maintaining the eternal flame of Egg at the base. Lucky for CT, he will just need to add lump every 24 hours or so.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Can you picture TFJ and Cen-Tex sitting across the table with computers blazing having a great time on the forum...and the kids are going hungry :)
    His kids wont be going hungry they are outside looking after his Brisket!. Welcome TFJ!
    Lynnwood WA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

For everything she is going to have to apologize for, CT will have to build a pedestal so high I'll be able to see it from Maryland.

I'm thinking something like Lord Horatio Nelson's column in Trafalgar Square.

He will toil by maintaining the eternal flame of Egg at the base. Lucky for CT, he will just need to add lump every 24 hours or so.
    she's been at this almost 26 years. At some point it has to be her fault for allowing all this to happen for so long but I can't get her to see it my way just yet. 

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    double said:
    lousubcap said:
    His kids wont be going hungry they are outside looking after his Brisket!. Welcome TFJ!
    Exactly. TFJ and CT are doing it right. Going to concerts while Spawn of CTFJ watches the Egg. 
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

Anyone who can help control Cen-Tex is welcomed. LOL

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    double said:
    lousubcap said:
    gotta start them young. They did an excellent job on that one too.