Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Salado Problem Help

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    You'll need a bunch of weapons to get me under control if I get there and find out it's a dry county :D

Please tell me I got nothin' to worry about !!

Beer and wine only. Must bring in hard stuff or drive20 miles. Guys this park for Sat is dry. I had to petition the city to make wet for one day (where we have the Fri/Sat party is wet) for us. They ask no glass. What I am asking is keep wine bottles in coolers and koozies on beer please. Use plastic glass for mixed please. We have the ok but still play it down.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:

You'll need a bunch of weapons to get me under control if I get there and find out it's a dry county :D

Beer and wine only. Must bring in hard stuff or drive20 miles.
    Guys this park for Sat is dry. I had to petition the city to make wet for one day (where we have the Fri/Sat party is wet) for us. They ask no glass. What I am asking is keep wine bottles in coolers and koozies on beer please. Use plastic glass for mixed please. We have the ok but still play it down.

Red solo cup......
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    She's alright but she has no beer...loser.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    The man with the guns has a point.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Beer and wine only. Must bring in hard stuff or drive20 miles. Guys this park for Sat is dry. I had to petition the city to make wet for one day (where we have the Fri/Sat party is wet) for us. They ask no glass. What I am asking is keep wine bottles in coolers and koozies on beer please. Use plastic glass for mixed please. We have the ok but still play it down.
    Red solo cup......
    We call them "go cups" in NOLA. 

Good to know.  I'll have to stop by Spec's on the way up.

• Mickey said:

Guys this park for Sat is dry. I had to petition the city to make wet for one day (where we have the Fri/Sat party is wet) for us. They ask no glass. What I am asking is keep wine bottles in coolers and koozies on beer please. Use plastic glass for mixed please. We have the ok but still play it down.
    Red solo cup......

We call them "Plausible Deniability" when people post pics on forums and Facebook pages :).
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Is playing it low face down in the creek?
  • nolaegghead
    You get me in a photo, there's usually, permanently affixed, a diet coke in a coozy in one hand (of course spiked with bourbon).  That's even more deniable than a generic solo. ;)

• Mickey said:

Red solo cup......

We call them "Plausible Deniability" when people post pics on forums and Facebook pages :)

And when the 5-0 or city council come crawling by looking for glass. Nothing to see here boys.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Sounds like debauchery all around...this may be one of those "bucket list items" that, once confronted you have to give it a second thought :)>-  But were it not for many circumstances beyond my control I would make the pilgrimage.  Sounds like it will be too much fun-even that Sunday recovery day!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    If anyone is interested I have a once used and once (operator error) attempted to use Party Q that I just don't use ( sold my Digi Q as well). Will take $100 for it if anyone wants. I live with turbo and will never use it. It has the upgraded wires and deal to fit a Large.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Leave a couple of cases of that watered down water for Little Steven. That should drive a good Canadian Boy northbound.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Leave a couple of cases of that watered down water for Little Steven. That should drive a good Canadian Boy northbound.

We don't want to drive him North. He is the first Canadian here and I am selling admission to the locals to see him. I just hope he will not throw stuff at them. We had Beli for the past two years and the locals got used to him so something new.

• nolaegghead
    Mickey said:

We don't want to drive him North. He is the first Canadian here and I am selling admission to the locals to see him. I just hope he will not throw stuff at them. We had Beli for the past two years and the locals got used to him so something new.
    Holding LS hostage as the centerpiece of a side-show...brilliant.  Probably violates a few labor laws, but he's Canadian - they don't apply.  "Step right up folks and see the abominable Canuck roar 'EY?'"

Is this @Mickey?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I didn't know Little Steven's given name was Hermey.
  • nolaegghead
    henapple said:
    Is this @Mickey?
    That looks more like VI...
    LS looks a little more like Martin Short.
    That's what I'm told NOLA

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    That's what I'm told NOLA
    Dude, looking forward to meeting you in person.  I just talked to Mickey for a good 15 minutes about what to expect, bring, etc.  My camp will have the largest ghetto blaster you've ever seen.  And I have curry on the menu (among other stuff), so drop by.
    I think I'm going to do venison meatloaf muffins and smoked yellowfin dip.

I'm so excited I may pee my pants a little.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Just start rubbing in in now!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    I'm making some coriander chutney sausage, beet sausage (just invented it), and a few different meats for sliders.  Except for the sausage, every thing will be cooked sous vide low n slow and I just need to heat it up and sear.  My grill time will be short.  I have some other sausage I made a couple of weeks ago that was da bom that I'll bring.
    . My grill time will be short.

@nolaegghead...good i need 4 hrs.
  • BTW- looks like I'm all in for all day Saturday and Saturday night. Our big days at SXSW are Thursday and Friday. Saturday is a half day so i'm going to try to beg out and do Salado all day and night Saturday. God help us all.

• Foghorn
    edited March 2013

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Ignore previous post. Was a misclick.

San Antonio, TX

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    What day is the fest? Saturday? 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • What day is the fest? Saturday? 
    yep
  • nolaegghead
    Any of you homies gonna have 'lectricity?  SWMBO is adverse to the idea of my loading my "stinky" tailgate generator into her hoity toity BMW.