Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mangrates

Options

Comments

• BuckeyeBob
    Options
    @boomer, I have been in sales for over 20 years and one of the biggest things I have learned is knowing when to shut up before you blow the sale. Every time, I think I might want to check these out, you post again sounding like an idiotic infomercial and then I feel like this is a scam. And the reason you don't seem to have any credibility is that there is no way you are selling this hard for something you have no connection to. No matter what you say.

Just my two cents though because I am also reading this for entertainment value.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    Is it possible to stop a thread from showing updates?!
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Bet this thread is still page one when I get delivery of these for the Salado EggFest in March to give out as demos and give away.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I hope so Mickey. This is one of the most entertaining threads I have seen that did not need to involve popcorn.
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    As long as I dont have to wear a mankini while cooking on one
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Stay tuned...more to come.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    To the interwebs!!!

That's gotta be the SEXIEST bathing suit I've ever laid eyes on! B-)
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    That's what all those Egger's wear under their Kilts
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • henapple
    Options
    @Kosko....you need to get out more...
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Those damn Europeans! I were my speedos like a normal person. Wait, what?
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Options

Just my two cents though because I am also reading this for entertainment value.

This thread really has no other value at this point.....some good pics showing up now!
  • Boomer
    Boomer Posts: 115
    Options
    @boomer, I have been in sales for over 20 years and one of the biggest things I have learned is knowing when to shut up before you blow the sale. Every time, I think I might want to check these out, you post again sounding like an idiotic infomercial and then I feel like this is a scam. And the reason you don't seem to have any credibility is that there is no way you are selling this hard for something you have no connection to. No matter what you say.

@BuckeyeBob I have your attention enough for you to write about me, mangrate may miss payroll if you don't make a purchase... The only thing that will be missing is, your inability to flourish without the mangrates. I'm a natural born salesman, I don't do it for a living, because I have a career :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Boomer this is fun. And thank you for seeing it that way and not pulling a gun. I have been in retail sales for 44 years and there is not a product on this planet that would not love this .
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I once started cooking a chuck shoulder using my mangrates and egg. When I opened the lid of my egg there was a perfectly cooked 50 day dry-aged Kobe ribeye steak inside. This thing works miracles. True story
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Whenever I go out drinking and looking to hook up I always take my mangrates. Always willing to take one for the team and hook up with the less attractive friend. The best wingman and a true team player. Thank you mangrates.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    IrishDevl said:
    I once started cooking a chuck shoulder using my mangrates and egg. When I opened the lid of my egg there was a perfectly cooked 50 day dry-aged Kobe ribeye steak inside. This thing works miracles. True story
    This is the best, some good stuff here. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

So where are the reviews? NOLA? Lil Steven ? others?

Sorry I am late to the party.....

:))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• oldfishinglure
    Options
    Eggucated said:
    Wow, not one mention of a Ginsu Steak knife! Seems like the perfect pairing for a man grate!
    I actually still own one of these classic timeless pieces and still use it. Believe it or not not it still cuts like a champ!  I may have to do a page on my blog about it! Bought it in 1991 when i was in Navy
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • henapple
    Options
    IrishDevl said:

We ate all our team dinners using mangrates, until our coach thought it would be a good idea to give mangrates up as part of a team New Years resolution.

- Notre Dame Football Team.

Should've kept them...your men got grated.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I heard that grease and grime don't stick to mangrates...out of respect.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Options
    It's well documented that Mangrate's tears cure cancer...

...too bad Mangrate has never cried...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• oldfishinglure
    Options
    http://youtu.be/9J8oJ0oEN70

Not only is he the most interesting man in the world he cooks on mangrates.
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • CavemanCook
    Options
    Loving this forum... should have joined a long time ago. I've reluctantly been bald for ten years... mangrates may be the answer!! Hallelujah!!

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If you can see mangrates, mangrates can see you. If you cannot see mangrates, you are seconds from death
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    I don't always cook on the Big Green Egg
    But when I do I use my MANGRATES

Stay hungry my friends
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA