Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mangrates

14567810»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Mangrates go BOOM!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Mama says life is like a mangrate...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • If you're like me, you don't go with the first product you see or hear about. You do your research. Due diligence. Investigation. When my wife and I decided a few years ago that we would like to start pricing aftermarket BGE grill grates, we put together a master plan.

This plan involved plenty of online research, talking with friends, family, neighbors, our financial advisor, our accountant, our attorney, our ecclesiastical leader, we also read thousands of online reviews. We even went to a couples retreat that involved hands-on use of searing grates in the real-world setting.

After 2 solid years of research, we finally decided on Mangrates.

My wife and I attended the required training seminar organized by @boomer. The experience was well worth the $15,000 fee because the classes prepare you for the certification test given at the end of the retreat. My wife and I are now licensed to practice “Mangrateing” in 5 states and select regions of Canada and Mexico. We even have a permit to travel with Mangrates and (of course) we each have a concealed Mangrate permit. (Although very difficult and awkward to conceal).

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Didn't some Marine dude get detained at the Mexican border and held, chained to his bed, for months for unauthorized travel while with a Mangrate?  He should've gotten @boomer certified....

SemperFi
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    I wonder.....will Mangrates be available soon for my George Foreman grill?  Or, can I just throw my food onto the mangrates all by themselves?  It should work...no?

For some reason, and I don't know why.....I keep thinking of good 'ol Stikes avatar. The one with Giada......Man that was Grate!
  • Boomer
    Boomer Posts: 115
    you all are very comical, thats a grate thing :)
  • Bump
    Flint, Michigan
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Bump
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,908
    So has anyone tried Mangrates?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS