Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mangrates

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Chuck Norris doesn't grill on a mangrate...Chuck Norris gets mangrated.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Nola - fantastic.

"I don't always grill.  But when I do, I prefer Mangrates!  Stay Mangrates manly, my friends!"

Flint, Michigan
  • IrishDevl

Loving this forum... should have joined a long time ago. I've reluctantly been bald for ten years... mangrates may be the answer!! Hallelujah!!

I'm not only the Mangrate President, but I'm also a client.

- Hair Club For Men.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I see where this is going....
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    WoW, what a thread.  You fella's are a tough crowd haha.
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    My wife left me for a mangrate!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Brent believes. He said "Look cavemencook, no need to throw the football in the backyard -just learn how to smoke with the BGE and Mangrates. Sports Illustrated swimsuit models will be showing up before the steaks are done."

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Lady Grantham: "You are quite wonderful the way you see room for improvement wherever you look. I never thought of using a Mangrate on a BGE."
    Mrs. Crawley: "I take that as a compliment."
    Lady Grantham: "I must've said it wrong."

Brent believes. He said "Look cavemencook, no need to throw the football in the backyard -just learn how to smoke with the BGE and Mangrates. Sports Illustrated swimsuit models will be showing up before the steaks are done."

Not only that, hugh heffner will sell his place and bring the girls over to your grotto.

I heard that mangrates and playmates will be the February cover.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited January 2013
    How ManGrates changed my life, part Deux.

Little did I know how much of a "gift" this was at the time.  The ManGrate box was heavy, and whatever was in it was well packed.  I opened the box and pulled out a set of three grates.  Gleaming, heavy stygian black cast iron, the air suddenly felt as if charged with ozone, and the hair on my arms raised up.  A faint hum could be heard.  If it were my imagination or actually a physical manifestation of the ManGrates, I could not be sure.

If I could back up and digress, I was born with a terrible physical deformity.  My feet both face backwards. When I walk forward, me toes are walking backwards and vice versa.  Why do I mention this, well you will see shortly.

I tucked the ManGrates under my Times Picayune newspaper bed (there's been a severe homeless bedding shortage since the paper changed from daily to 3-days a week delivery) and started to shiver myself to sleep.  The first night with my newly acquired ManGrates was the oddest ever.  People started gathering around my box, talking in hushed voices.  The Vietnam vets, who are usually very belligerent, just pointed and whispered, as if there was something that couldn't be said too loud.  I couldn't sleep with the constant subtle disturbances by my fellow bums, until I became delirious with fatigue, and that's when the flying rat visited my home, in the box.

The pigeon, I know this sounds crazy but bear with me, could talk!   It talked to me in a language that I couldn't understand.  I later learned that it was Pigeon.

In the morning, I though it all were just a dream, until I noticed my feet faced forward again.  What a miracle!  Looking back on that day, it all seems impossible, but it actually happened unless this is some prolonged dream. The ManGrates were magical.

Stay tuned for part III.
    Hidden message, contact me for further instructions.  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    The answer to the universe is 42.  
    ap.jpg 70.7K

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Guess who learned how to use a meme generator this afternoon?

• AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Lance Armstrong claims he never used Mangrates
  • IrishDevl
    AleBrewer said:

Lance Armstrong claims he never used Mangrates

Actually he is going on Oprah to admit to full mangrate usage. Sport will never be the same now that they can use mangrates.
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    I am going to slip some mangrates in between the mattress and box spring
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    AleBrewer said:
    I am going to slip some mangrates in between the mattress and box spring
    Your wife will be forever grateful!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Saw this was going to page Two, so I wanted to save it. 

I loved the Phil Simms comment in at the opening segment of the Patriots/Texans game discussing the retrofitting of New England dining facility with mangrates on the cooktop...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Isn't that mangrate the most beautiful thing you've ever seen??

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

• Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Just read that Mangrates got a special tax break as part of the fiscal cliff deal due to the economic boom they are causing...the Mangrate lobbyists in DC got their way.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Eggcelsior

Let me sing you the song of my people :

http://youtu.be/9QQ0hH4MYsk
  • Ok, ok, enough kidding around.  If you want to be a real MAN then use MANgrates!  It wouldn't make this much sense if it wasn't true.
  • Boomer
    Boomer Posts: 115
    OMG, you guys are very talented and natural born Comedians, Who need Adam Carolla?