Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mangrates

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    mimauler said:
    I think that the people have spoken and an "endorsment" from this forums most "important" people are not going to save the mangrates.   
    Mickey is the only "important" person on the forum.  If he likes the Mangrate, I'll buy 10 of them.
    Gary you can't wok with them. The small food falls inbetween the grates 8-}
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    EggerinLA said:
    mimauler said:
    I think that the people have spoken and an "endorsment" from this forums most "important" people are not going to save the mangrates.   

Thank God, most people (I hope) aren't puppets, but individuals.
    Crap. I'm out. Unless muppets don't count.  :))
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Can't speak to anything about mangrates, but I love the GrillGrates
  • Boomer
    Boomer Posts: 115

Mickey said:
    @Boomer we will give them a run at the Salado Fest. I will ask @Village Idiot to try one out. It will be the next day to get his report as Gary's station is 9 miles down creek.
    @Mickey, you will have time to put them to the test before the fest and use them during the fest as well, and hopefully Villageidiot can test them out as well. I hope that we can transition all of the NON believers into Believers :)

We also have our own coupon code ***EGG*** that is now fully functional, we as eggheads/eggers will be getting one of the Best deals out there, check it out Gentlemen and Ladies.

Can't wait to see these on BGE's @ the fest and hopefully even before...

Cheers
  • Boomer
    EggerinLA said:
    No contest. GrillGrates are better and they make them to fit the Egg. The GrillGrates owner has participated in numerous Eggtoberfests also. Below is a link to a non biased discussion on both products and some of the posters did a blog review of both. The overwhelming winner was the GrillGrates. I love cooking on mine. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120663
    EggerinLA,
    Mangrate will be participating/supplying in Salado this year, also @ the SoCalEggfest and DizzyFest in VA. to name a few, there are discussions on making a, 1/2 moon and other items tailored for us eggheads/eggers.
    Give it time, as this is just the beginning...
  • This thread is like Freddy Kruger of the Friday the 13th movie series! Neither one will die! This is a nightmare I can't wake up from! Make it stop!
  • Kind of interesting that the discussion there centers on the Aluminum vs. the CI.  I wouldn't necessarily think about Aluminum for a grill, but there are some pretty good arguments for it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Boomer said:
    I have sent Justin a message and he will get us up and running shortly, as i before mentioned that he was setting us up, NOT that it is set up yet. I will let you guys know when its a go.

It seems that us eggers will be getting a 30% discount and a cheaper shipping if im not mistaken, with orders up to 7 grates and 1 brush max per order.

I am already asking Justin to get these at some events, Who is in charge of the Salado event so i can work some magic, have them inbox me.

Also, Mangrate is working to make something for the LG. 18 Inch, maybe a 1/2 moon would be the ticket. 

I'm serious, this is not snake oil ladies and gentlemen, your going to thank me later :)
    Will keep my fellow eggers updated as things begin to happen.
    Cheers.
    "I am not a snake oil salesman ladies and gentlemen, but if you buy them now, I will throw in some snake oil that will season the grates, make them more manly, and make your food taste EVEN better!  You must buy snake oil if you really want your steaks to taste the best!  The snake oil is free, but you must pay minor S&H from across the globe."
  • Boomer
    This thread is like Freddy Kruger of the Friday the 13th movie series! Neither one will die! This is a nightmare I can't wake up from! Make it stop!
    You can make it stop, 
    Don't read the thread :)
  • Boomer said:
    We also have our own coupon code ***EGG*** that is now fully functional, we as eggheads/eggers will be getting one of the Best deals out there, check it out Gentlemen and Ladies.
    @Boomer - Your statement is B.S.   We are not getting a special deal or one of the best deals out there.  We get the same deal as anyone who listens to the podcasts of Adam Corolla, Greg Croop or Mike O'Meara.  Your partner Kevin gives the 30% discount to just about anyone.

I think we should get a 50% discount.  You need to work on this immediately so that no one here can buy them at 50% off instead of 30% off.  

Eggers/Eggheads deserve a better discount than simpletons who listen to not very funny comedians' podcasts!!!
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • Boomer
    @NEWB_IN_NOLA
    Did you try the coupon code? Could you verify that the eggers price is the exact same as the previous host's that you have mentioned?
    Let me know what you find out.
    I don't make the prices for their product, call Justin and ask if he can give you 50% he may give it to you for free, depends on how you conduct you're self over the phone.
    Give it a go.
  • If anybody believes that Boomer is not on the Mangrate payroll, I have some swampland property in Louisiana for sale that I'd like to talk to you about.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    How much an acre? =))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Man those mangrates look good, and i would really consider buying a set, but boomer your like a puppy attached to someone's leg, sell mangrates oh yeah, sell mangrates oh yeah, you don't work for Justin eh, do you happen to own a cast iron foundry. I am sure it's just a hobby.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    If anybody believes that Boomer is not on the Mangrate payroll, I have some swampland property in Louisiana for sale that I'd like to talk to you about.
    VI, you can't sell NOLA's house
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hey, I resemble that remark!
    I haven't seen anyone as excited as boomer about anything since I lost my virginity.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    I feel like I am reading an " info- mercial" !
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    4 thousand plus views and 140 plus comments....I'd say this thread is putting mangrates back on the map.  Love 'em or hate the pitch, this is called "buzz", folks.

4 thousand plus views and 140 plus comments....I'd say this thread is putting mangrates back on the map.  Love 'em or hate the pitch, this is called "buzz", folks.

That is why I called the swing grate tie-in the greatest post ever on that infamous thread. Perhaps this will be just as spectacular!
  • rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    I (and probably 2500 others) only follow this thread for the comedy. And another cheap and uninformative post count.
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    henapple said:
    I haven't seen anyone as excited as boomer about anything since I lost my virginity.

That right there made reading this whole thread about one of the most foolishly named products ever almost worth it.....thanks!
  • SmoothSmoke
    SmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    edited January 2013
    Yes, the name is funky.  What's wrong with mangrates?  Sort of looks like the grillgrate, just that it's CI.  Why is it being received with such negativity?  
  • Kosko said:

I feel like I am reading an " info- mercial" !

Because you are.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    AleBrewer said:

henapple said:

That right there made reading this whole thread about one of the most foolishly named products ever almost worth it.....thanks!

To keep away pesky critters when I'm using my mangrates, I always count on :
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I read this whole thread and I don't see where Boomer was trying to do anything for personal gain. I shipped about $10,000 dollars worth of la bomba around the US from my own pocket and was accused of benefiting from it. Sometimes you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior

I read this whole thread and I don't see where Boomer was trying to do anything for personal gain. I shipped about $10,000 dollars worth of la bomba around the US from my own pocket and was accused of benefiting from it. Sometimes you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth

I agree to an extent. Perhaps it was the rambunctious enthusiasm.
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    "There's no such thing as bad publicity" theory seemingly applies to mangrates and this thread...someone on here is going to place an order that would not have otherwise. Loving this thread, BTW. Much more entertaining that a thread about "dome temp vs grid temp".
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Maybe your right LS, I have read a dozen different reviews on this product on a dozen different forums and they all seem positive, well maybe not a dozen, do like the word dozen though, anyways I would certainly give them a go, I guess boomer just seems a little intense in his sales pitch, we could put that down to enthusiasm or excitement or someone that has experienced a great thing and wants to share it with the rest of us, not someone that owns a cast iron foundry, it sounds like a few veteran forum members will be getting a sample to review for themselves, lets leave it to the pros, and on their eval we will base our yay or nay.