Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

propane

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Just bought my first canister on propane in a long time. Don't worry...it's for the mancave heater.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    This post could have been blasphemous. Good save.
  • Could not equate this post to this site...
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • the only propane this house has seen in 7 years are the small bottles on my torch
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • i camp a lot and home brew beer so i use propane all the time...great stuff.
  • I still use my gasser, it has its uses, best damn warming oven there is and it is right beside the egg. While the steaks are getting ready for the egg, the gasser is on Newfie Tube Steak (wiener) duty for the grandkids (Don't know what I'll do when they get to prefer steak over hot dogs. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • This brings up one of life's unanswered questions:

If there were no crawfish, would there be propane?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I haven't done a boil in a while or fried catfish.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I still have propane tanks that only fit the old style connector....that's how often I use it.  Manbearcave heat is turning on all the lights, TV and stereo - heats it up (insulated like a mother) pretty quick.  If that don't do it, I do have two 1500 watt heaters.
    henapple said:
    I haven't done a boil in a while or fried catfish.
    Shame on you....I did a "low country boil" a few months ago for a neighbors birthday ! I think I did it for me........
    :))
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • I still have propane tanks that only fit the old style connector....that's how often I use it.  Manbearcave heat is turning on all the lights, TV and stereo - heats it up (insulated like a mother) pretty quick.  If that don't do it, I do have two 1500 watt heaters.
    Excuse me, but you do know you live in "the big easy" eh? Isn't the lowest temps something like 45 or 50, with low day time in the mid 60's? Heater, you don't need no stinking heater, put on a sweater, one with a kitten on it maybe.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I still have propane tanks that only fit the old style connector....that's how often I use it.  Manbearcave heat is turning on all the lights, TV and stereo - heats it up (insulated like a mother) pretty quick.  If that don't do it, I do have two 1500 watt heaters.
    Excuse me, but you do know you live in "the big easy" eh? Isn't the lowest temps something like 45 or 50, with low day time in the mid 60's? Heater, you don't need no stinking heater, put on a sweater, one with a kitten on it maybe.....
    We're giant pussies down here when it comes to temps below 50F.  There's a few reasons why we don't live in the arctic circle like you canucks, and the weather is a big one... Mrs B was talking about the first time she remembered seeing snow.  She was around 6.  She and her siblings wore doubled-up socks on their hands and built a little snowman.  We don't have mittens down here.  If I'm cold wearing a T-shirt, I'm cranking on the heat.
    We're giant pussies down here when it comes to temps below 50F.  There's a few reasons why we don't live in the arctic circle like you canucks, and the weather is a big one... Mrs B was talking about the first time she remembered seeing snow.  She was around 6.  She and her siblings wore doubled-up socks on their hands and built a little snowman.  We don't have mittens down here.  If I'm cold wearing a T-shirt, I'm cranking on the heat.
    +1
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    Each time the temp doesn't reach 50, for the high, here in southern Alabama, we talk of moving south !
  • No wonder you Rebs never fought in the North except one time in the summer.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited December 2012
    No wonder you Rebs never fought in the North except one time in the summer.
    We were too busy trying to protect our innocent women and school children from the marauding Hun invaders from the North.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• It gets cold down here!  A buddy of mine from Alaska came down last December to go Redfishing in the Louisiana marsh.  I told him to be sure and bring plenty of clothes.  Of course he thought I was joking but he still brought a fleece wind stopper suit and a heavy coat.  We hit one of those damp days in  the upper 30's and he almost froze to death!  He swore that the next time he came he was bringing his expedition weight long johns.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    if i didnt carry a bucket of coal down the hill once or twice a day i would be burning 125 gallons a week in the colder months..... it was getting near 4 dollars a gallon last year. the propane man threatened to shut me off a few years back for not cutting the hedges back enough to drag down the hose comfortably, must have complained to his manager, they sent people out to the house to cut those hedges. think theres any money in it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    No wonder you Rebs never fought in the North except one time in the summer.
    We were too busy trying to protect our innocent women and school children from the marauding Hun invaders from the North.
    Brace yourselves, Winter is coming......
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I use propane for lighting the egg, shrimp and crawfish boils, frying turkeys and other foods, but dat's it. No grilling on propane, I leave that to Hank Hill.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Propane fired gas logs at the lake house will feel good over new years weekend. Fish cookers will produce fabulous fried striper to complement the.(egged) grilled striper.
  • Griffin said:
    I use propane for lighting the egg, shrimp and crawfish boils, frying turkeys and other foods, but dat's it. No grilling on propane, I leave that to Hank Hill.
    Griff - try using your wok on the turkey burner, I'm all for cooking everything I can on my egg and using it for everything including acting as the weight that keep the BBQ shack from blowing away, but a propane fired turkey burner is the best tool there is to stir fry on. 
  • I still use propane........(for the weed burner to light the egg!)

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited December 2012

Did you get propane and propane accessories?  A-yup.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Did you get propane and propane accessories?  A-yup.

I opened this thread to post almost exact same thing
    Boom