Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Hey, look what came in the mail today! (any bowlers out there?)

I finally got my ring from the USBC, I chose to upgrade it instead of taking the free option seeing as how it was my first 300 game. I have multiple 299 trophies, but this was the first sanction 300 so I wanted to go all out.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Very cool. The missus and I played on a league for 3 years while we were first dating. But it kept getting pushed back later and later and was making the next day at work not so fun. (More of a drinking league that bowled vs a bowling league that drank a bit.)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited November 2012
    WOW!  That's awesome, congrats!  =D> :-bd

I used to be on a Drinking Team with a Bowling Problem.  My goal was to break a hundred, but I did win a tournament once.  Let me see if I can dig that picture up...

I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • @griffin - Thanks man! We bowl on 2 leagues, both mixed and both more drinking than serious, but I am always serious when bowling.

@necessaryindulg - Thank you very much, it really is a huge accomplishment for a bowler. I look forward to seeing your pic.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• I bowled a 140 once and didn't have even one gutter ball.   :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Well done! VI

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I bowled a 140 once and didn't have even one gutter ball.   :D
    I rolled a 112, but I had the bumpers up.  :-\"

• Lmao...I'm surprised that there isn't more bowlers out there.

• I'll bite....I'm in a weekly beer league that is still pretty competitive...I'm anywhere from 175-225 depending on the night. High 264
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I think this may be why.....
  • Nice Quinn. From what I have seen, eggers are hunters, fisherman, and sports crazy. I am all of the above.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited November 2012
    Great achievement, very few can claim a perfect game, regardless of the sport. Congrats!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Great achievement, very few can claim a perfect game, regardless of the sport. Congrats!
    Thank you very much! Who knows if I will ever get another, hopefully i'll get more chances as I am only 28, but you never know.

• I bowl leagues two nights a week and sub occasionally other nights. Both are more bowling than imbibing....heavy sigh. Wouldn't be a big deal if the leagues were real competitive, but they're not. I've strung 12 strikes together, unfortunately, it was overlapping games. I have shot a 279 game. Carry a 192 average. Bowled the MN USBC Open State Tournament last winter, cashed in Doubles.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    That's awesome. Like a no-hitter.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I bowl leagues two nights a week and sub occasionally other nights. Both are more bowling than imbibing....heavy sigh. Wouldn't be a big deal if the leagues were real competitive, but they're not. I've strung 12 strikes together, unfortunately, it was overlapping games. I have shot a 279 game. Carry a 192 average. Bowled the MN USBC Open State Tournament last winter, cashed in Doubles.
    Yea, I bowl the Michigan state tourney as well.

Between the 2 leagues I carry a 226 right now. State tourney average is 213, hopefully will be raising that this year in battle creek.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited November 2012

WOW!  That's awesome, congrats!  =D> :-bd

I used to be on a Drinking Team with a Bowling Problem.  My goal was to break a hundred, but I did win a tournament once.  Let me see if I can dig that picture up...

[-O< please do!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Nice Jason. Really cool.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I bowled in a league one season.  I sucked when I started, but got better each game.  So kept beating my handicap and, I guess that's good.  Got a most improved player award at the end of the season.  And since this was in New Orleans, the drink was ON.

@nolaegghead Nice, your team must have been winning games!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Wow, that is really cool.  I have bowled 300 several times... cumulative score...usually only takes me 5-6 games to get there :P. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited November 2012
    Okay... here is the proof that I had ONE DAY of good bowling back in 2000.

Like I said, I was lucky to break a hundred so my handicap was pretty high. My mom talked me into doing this tournament with her and somehow I bowled the best three games of my life. 

I won a plaque for Singles and one for All Events Bowling Champion -- still makes me laugh out loud! :))
      All Events Bowling Champion in 2000All Events Bowling Champion in 2000 

I blurred out my last name since these are on Flickr -- 

Definitely not even close to @michigan_jason 's accomplishments... but it is good for a giggle!
  • How can you have a handicap of 1977?  Isn't it only possible to get 300?  Boy, you must really be bad !!!   :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    ive only played candlepin, 300 would be just about impossible, those big balls are cheating
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Awesome Jason! Lots pressure with 300 so good stuff right there! My highest was 286. My closet perfection was carrying 9 strikes into the 10th and pretty much wet the bed. Started thinking about it after several people started watching.

What kind a ball do you throw?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Wow, that is really cool.  I have bowled 300 several times... cumulative score...usually only takes me 5-6 games to get there :P. 
    HAHAHAH, I LOVE IT! :)

• cazzy said:
    Awesome Jason! Lots pressure with 300 so good stuff right there! My highest was 286. My closet perfection was carrying 9 strikes into the 10th and pretty much wet the bed. Started thinking about it after several people started watching. What kind a ball do you throw?
    I am a Storm bowler.

Right now i'm high on my frantic.

Others include.. Marvel, Virtual Gravity, Fast, and Invasion. I can't remember the rest, but those are my normal use ones.

• How can you have a handicap of 1977?  Isn't it only possible to get 300?  Boy, you must really be bad !!!   :))

Heck if I know, VI!  My job was to show up, drink beer, and throw the ball towards the pins.   [-O<
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

cazzy said:

Awesome Jason! Lots pressure with 300 so good stuff right there! My highest was 286. My closet perfection was carrying 9 strikes into the 10th and pretty much wet the bed. Started thinking about it after several people started watching.

What kind a ball do you throw?

I am a Storm bowler.

Others include.. Marvel, Virtual Gravity, Fast, and Invasion. I can't remember the rest, but those are my normal use ones.

I like storm too. I use a special edition storm brosco ball but really want a frantic. It's probably one of the most bang for your buck performance balls out there.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

• cazzy said:
    cazzy said:
    Awesome Jason! Lots pressure with 300 so good stuff right there! My highest was 286. My closet perfection was carrying 9 strikes into the 10th and pretty much wet the bed. Started thinking about it after several people started watching. What kind a ball do you throw?
    I am a Storm bowler.

I like storm too. I use a special edition storm brosco ball but really want a frantic. It's probably one of the most bang for your buck performance balls out there.
    I got it because I wanted a ball that would go far, but still snap and have a strong back end, this ball did not disappoint. I am a cranker (insert joke here) and throw average 19.5 mph. Play the 1 board easily and have no problem coming in hard (insert 2nd joke here.)

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited November 2012
    As an accomplished bowler and the forum defacto expert, @michigan_jason, what do you think of these bowlers that throw with two hands, no finger holes in the ball? 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!