Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tim Walz working on his 1979 IH and wishing he was cooking on his Big Green Egg

2»

Comments

• Legume said:
    I’d say that owning a home in San Francisco for 20 years probably contributed to Kamala’s wealth. I would assume she owns a condo in DC as well (from pre Naval Observatory days). 
    What about the social media biz she started along with the cryptocurrency, Franklin mint commemorative coins, NFTs, etc.

It's laughable how normalized people are to the color orange but suspicious of any other.

News flash! They are all crooks!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 211
    I definitely remember Nixon saying otherwise. And he must have been telling the truth, otherwise he would be crook (Harry Mudd logic).
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
     Biden a career politician net worth 10 million.  Kamala Harris according to google, 3.6 million.  Tim Waltz net worth is allegedly 330,000 and he is 60? Clearly not a great planner and must have put that Scout on a heloc.
    Well there’s a news flash. School teachers don’t make a lot of money. 

like any job, move to a state that pays. mass is 92 k plus, school vacations, holidays, a whole lot of sick days,  full health and dental, half days and summers off. ive seen where my dads girlfriend missed 11 mondays in a row hungover and still won a grand for perfect attendance =) seems like a nice gig. she taught fashion in a high school........seems legit =) i wonder how much her two assistants made helping her with a class size of ten.......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,758
    $92k/yr in a state with a high cost of living won’t make you a millionaire. 
  • fishlessman
    $92k/yr in a state with a high cost of living won’t make you a millionaire. 
    But it's not a low paying job either with all the bennies. Add them all together and you are doing better than most in the state. At least a 15 yo girl can match her shoes to her ripped faded jeans  =)
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,056
    Legume said:
    I’d say that owning a home in San Francisco for 20 years probably contributed to Kamala’s wealth. I would assume she owns a condo in DC as well (from pre Naval Observatory days). 
    What about the social media biz she started along with the cryptocurrency, Franklin mint commemorative coins, NFTs, etc.

It's laughable how normalized people are to the color orange but suspicious of any other.

News flash! They are all crooks!
    Normalizing again.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    92K/year can make you a millionaire if you live below your means and invest in the stock market.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    92K/year can make you a millionaire if you live below your means and invest in the stock market.  
    Yep, no healthcare or dental payments, add a classe at the vokes or community college after your five hour day or during the summers off. Retire when your fifty and take your pension and get a little low pay job like everyone else... They take their pay 3 ways as well, teachers, seniority, and something else. You can get 2 raises while one gets skipped, then say they didn't get a raise. The third that doesn't get a raise is used in negotiations, then they get the back pay and the cycle goes on. It really is a good gig
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,758
    edited September 24
    lousubcap said:
    Good luck trying to do that there. It’s absurdly expensive in Taxachusetts. 
  • lousubcap
    edited September 24
    The key to wealth accumulation is the stock market.  Toss it all in a 500 Index fund, no decisions and let it roll. Reinvest dividends.  The issue is the available disposable income.  
    Edit:  Tax shelter as much as you can in retiree investments.  Takes a bit of front end effort but once the course is plotted out-stay it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    lousubcap said:
    lousubcap said:
    Good luck trying to do that there. It’s absurdly expensive in Taxachusetts. Real state tax is pretty cheap, it's the main reason I moved out of NH. 2700 ln real estate tax minutes from Boston on a lake....and I can claim my waterfront taxes from Maine on my income tax ;) single claiming 6
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap said:
    The key to wealth accumulation is the stock market.  Toss it all in a 500 Index fund, no decisions and let it roll. Reinvest dividends.  The issue is the available disposable income.  
    I’ll add that time in the market is a huge factor. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap said:
    I’ll add that time in the market is a huge factor. 
    Absolutely-get in early and stay til your personal lights go out. 
  • Tspud1 said:
    Tspud1 said:
    caliking said:
    I dunno about courting middles class voters, but   it's laughable see the Republican billionaire + millionaire candidates trying to identify with middle class anyone. 

Walz is the only non-millionaire candidate in the fray. 

Kinda like Oprah and Taylor
    Are they on the ballot somewhere?  I must have missed that George Soros memo…
    in reply to....I dunno about courting middles class voters, but   it's laughable see the Republican billionaire + millionaire candidates trying to identify with middle class anyone.

Right - the key word there being *candidates*

Rather than proving they can win in the wild like the rest of us have to, It is much better politicians grow their wealth while in office.

Nice non sequitur. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Those *%#£¥ tiny gifs are such a buzzkill.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike