Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tim Walz working on his 1979 IH and wishing he was cooking on his Big Green Egg

Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.

Comments

• Love the old school ride!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,705
    So, he has a manual explaining how to fix the cruise control but then doesn't fix it?  Cool truck, dumb commercial.  He would have been better off just doing a walk around showing off the truck rather than trying to use it as an analogy.
  • Are they trying to get middle class voters? It was unclear 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Where are the solar panels?!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,056
    I still don't know what he stands for, this is a total disaster, people don't even like trucks or normal people.
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    A good friend in HS had one of these, fun truck to kick around in before the SUV trend really took off.
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:
    I still don't know what he stands for, this is a total disaster, people don't even like trucks or normal people.
    LOL
  • Are they trying to get middle class voters? It was unclear 
    You were looking for stories about immigrants eating pets, those kind of direct appeals?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,809
    I dunno about courting middles class voters, but   it's laughable see the Republican billionaire + millionaire candidates trying to identify with middle class anyone. 

Walz is the only non-millionaire candidate in the fray. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,758
    IH > Crudités

• Gotem ^^^^^ lol 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    i think i would rather have joes corvette over bouncing my head off the roof of an international. and theres probably a bag of hunters stash as a bonus under the seat of the corvette.......

i do like that the ih looks better than new, they are usually showing rust just out of the factory
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    edited September 24
    Kinda sucks to have a classic Vette when the Secret Service will never let you drive anything more than a golf cart for the rest of your life. 
  • fishlessman
    Kinda sucks to have a classic Vette when the Secret Service will never let you drive anything more than a golf cart for the rest of your life. 

are you sure the secret service lets joe actually drive a golf cart. damn nice vette
    fukahwee maine

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,510
    caliking said:
    I dunno about courting middles class voters, but   it's laughable see the Republican billionaire + millionaire candidates trying to identify with middle class anyone. 

Kinda like Oprah and Taylor
  • Tspud1 said:
    caliking said:

Are they on the ballot somewhere?  I must have missed that George Soros memo…
  • Legume
    edited September 24
    What did I miss, Oprah and Taylor running for something?

edit oops, late to the party.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    A good friend in HS had one of these, fun truck to kick around in before the SUV trend really took off.

a friend in college had the late 60's step side with a massive lift on it, that and how tall the cab is made it look huge. it was dubbed the moon walker, pretty much unstoppable
    fukahwee maine

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,510
    Tspud1 said:
    caliking said:

in reply to....I dunno about courting middles class voters, but   it's laughable see the Republican billionaire + millionaire candidates trying to identify with middle class anyone.

• Tspud1 said:
    Tspud1 said:
    caliking said:

in reply to....I dunno about courting middles class voters, but   it's laughable see the Republican billionaire + millionaire candidates trying to identify with middle class anyone.

Right - the key word there being *candidates*
  • Tspud1 said:
    Tspud1 said:
    caliking said:

Right - the key word there being *candidates*

Rather than proving they can win in the wild like the rest of us have to, It is much better politicians grow their wealth while in office.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

•  Biden a career politician net worth 10 million.  Kamala Harris according to google, 3.6 million.  Tim Waltz net worth is allegedly 330,000 and he is 60? Clearly not a great planner and must have put that Scout on a heloc.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    I'm not sure I would want wealth to be the measure of success that qualifies a candidate, there are lots of ways to accumulate wealth that wouldn't be good predictors of success serving the country in government.

But I would agree that nobody should go into politics to enrich themselves and there are probably more wrong ways to enrich yourself once in office than right.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
     Biden a career politician net worth 10 million.  Kamala Harris according to google, 3.6 million.  Tim Waltz net worth is allegedly 330,000 and he is 60? Clearly not a great planner and must have put that Scout on a heloc.
    Well there’s a news flash. School teachers don’t make a lot of money. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    Those have got to be low-ball numbers across the board but aside from the below I can't find anything better:
    "Vice President Kamala Harris: $6 Million

Vice President Kamala Harris began her political career when she was elected as district attorney of San Francisco in 2003.

Her first significant earnings came from publishing three books, including a memoir, from 2009 through 2019. Following her marriage to attorney Doug Emhoff in 2014, the couple have assets worth about $6 million."

"JD Vance:

The Ohio senator, whom former President Donald Trump chose as his running mate last month, has roughly between $4 million and $11 million in assets to his name, with only $750,000 to $1.5 million in liabilities. He owns a home, has a stake in two businesses and has three 529 education savings accounts for his children.

His biggest single asset is his Schwab brokerage account, which he values between roughly $2.2 million and $7.5 million – with investments largely in passively managed exchange-traded stock and bond funds."

"Tim Walz:

Forbes estimates that Walz’s net worth as of 2024 stands at just over $1 million—the least wealthy of all candidates on a major party ticket this election cycle."

FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
     Biden a career politician net worth 10 million.  Kamala Harris according to google, 3.6 million.  Tim Waltz net worth is allegedly 330,000 and he is 60? Clearly not a great planner and must have put that Scout on a heloc.
    I don't think Walz owns a house, so heloc may have been tough to get.

He served in the national guard, he taught HS and then into politics, each one probably comes with a pension which can't be ignored when rating his planning.

I don't know (haven't cared or looked) at how Biden or Kamala have acquired wealth, did google have any idea?
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    I’d say that owning a home in San Francisco for 20 years probably contributed to Kamala’s wealth. I would assume she owns a condo in DC as well (from pre Naval Observatory days). 
  • Legume
    I’d say that owning a home in San Francisco for 20 years probably contributed to Kamala’s wealth. I would assume she owns a condo in DC as well (from pre Naval Observatory days). 
    What about the social media biz she started along with the cryptocurrency, Franklin mint commemorative coins, NFTs, etc.

It's laughable how normalized people are to the color orange but suspicious of any other.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    Legume said:
    What about the social media biz she started along with the cryptocurrency, Franklin mint commemorative coins, NFTs, etc.

It's laughable how normalized people are to the color orange but suspicious of any other.
    Don’t forget about the nasty steaks and gas station vodka. 

• In the “National Study of Millionaires” by Ramsey Solutions, led by personal-finance expert Dave Ramsey, surveys were taken from 10,000 millionaires.

Results showed that the top five careers for millionaires include engineering, accounting, teaching, business management, and law practices, respectively.

South of Columbus, Ohio.