Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RRP Anyone?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,281
    Options
    The sheriff would do that on account of the collective bbq forums concern?
    Several phone calls and emails have been placed, without response.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,413
    Options
    Yes, on the non-returned calls or no reply from emails. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,815
    Options
    Several phone calls and emails have been placed, without response.  
    I was just asking. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Thanks @Ozzie_Isaac
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,147
    Options
    Yikes, glad he’s somewhat ok. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,281
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Sheriff called me, Ron fell last week and has been in the hospital.  Good news is he should be released middle of this coming week.
    @Ozzie_Isaac , what a great collective bond this forum is , we should send a bouquet of Rutland to the hospital 
    I think Ron might appreciate it more if we could source some solid carrot cake for him!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,424
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Sheriff called me, Ron fell last week and has been in the hospital.  Good news is he should be released middle of this coming week.
    @Ozzie_Isaac , what a great collective bond this forum is , we should send a bouquet of Rutland to the hospital 
    I think Ron might appreciate it more if we could source some solid carrot cake for him!  
    Some “kick butt” carrot cake, as some may say. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    edited June 23
    Options
    We could start a go fund me, but he would be able to donate more than we could.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dyal_SC
    edited June 23
    Options
    Ron doesn’t fall down. He attacked the floor. I hope the floor is ok. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Good news!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    +1 to ^^ what he said. I’m in. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,723
    Options
    I think a get well card with $11 cash from Wes Johnson would be perfect.

I'm in, and grateful he's going to be ok.

I can't imagine he's an Uber eats or DoorDash kind of guy, but if there was a way to help him get meals or at least groceries while he's on the mend, that might be good. I have no idea about what local support he has.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,350
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Maybe it was a piece of KICK BUTT carrot cake that made him weak in the knees. 

Get well soon Ron. We are rooting for you. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,398
    Options
    Glad to read Ron is alive and recovering. Was getting concerned. I know he is the main caretaker for Pat so hopefully he has some family close by that can assist while he recovers. It would be nice if we could send a care package his way. Unfortunately I don’t have time to assist but I can definitely donate if something comes together. 
    Fortunately, Pat is being taken care of.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,169
    Options
    Thanks for these updates. 

Thinking of RRP and praying for a speedy and comfortable recovery. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm near RRP's age and I fall at times too, maybe Ron and I could get together sometime and learn how to land.  The falls are embarassing, but the landings are sometimes dangerous.

What say you Ron, some time when we are both able, get together and practice?

Mend up and let's give it a go.  Boomers been through a lot worse thing.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,175
    edited June 24
    Options
    I don't know @RRP and have had minimal contact with him on this forum but always enjoy his posts and feedback here. His absence is quite noticeable here and I am glad to know things are somewhat OK. Speedy recovery sir.
  • RLS
    RLS Posts: 43
    Options
    Glad to hear Ron is doing "OK". Sorry about the fall and hope he gets well soon.. Looking forward to him posting again.
    Rick in Tampa
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 560
    Options
    I'm happy to hear that Ron is OK, as soon as he returns, I am going to "Dislike" one of his posts, just to cheer him up  ;). Seriously if someone is putting a care package together, I'll be happy to contribute.  

Lititz, PA – XL BGE