Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach butt time

Options
2»

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    My wife’s yeast rolls were the perfect addition to the pulled pork, and my green beans. The wine was a dry Reisling. My Beautiful Wife  chose it and was not wrong. The pork butt “just melts in your mouth” so that is kinda good, I think.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    caliking said:
    The anticipation...
    Worth the wait. 18 hours 37 minutes. Worth the wait.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Reached 203°F, internal, jiggled when I placed the peel under it. The cracklin of this is awesome. The crust is delicious. I recommend a Pinot noir Rosé. When you quit picking at it, go with an awesome white. We have a white burgundy, we will open tonight. 
    It looks delicious. Do you hit it with any seasoning after you pull it or does the peach preserves, rub, and brine give it all the flavor it needs?  I haven’t been able to find any peach preserves at my stores. I’ll need to check Amazon. 
    I add nothing for seasoning, but I do use sauce I make. 

Great question, I should have addressed sooner.
    I’d love that sauce recipe if you would share it. Thanks!
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    One for the money...Way to bring it home and take care of your neighbours (nod).  I could put a hurt on that.  Well done. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Reached 203°F, internal, jiggled when I placed the peel under it. The cracklin of this is awesome. The crust is delicious. I recommend a Pinot noir Rosé. When you quit picking at it, go with an awesome white. We have a white burgundy, we will open tonight. 
    It looks delicious. Do you hit it with any seasoning after you pull it or does the peach preserves, rub, and brine give it all the flavor it needs?  I haven’t been able to find any peach preserves at my stores. I’ll need to check Amazon. 
    I add nothing for seasoning, but I do use sauce I make. 

Great question, I should have addressed sooner.
    I’d love that sauce recipe if you would share it. Thanks!
    Will do. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

I added 1/2 jar of peach preserves to this. Add whatever you wish.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion

• 2 garlic cloves, minced

• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced

• 1 tablespoon olive oil

• 1 (32-oz.) bottle ketchup (such as Heinz)

• 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar

• 1 cup apple cider vinegar

• 1/2 cup apple juice

• 1/2 cup honey

• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

• 1 teaspoon kosher salt

• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

• 1 teaspoon celery seeds

• 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper

Directions

1. Sauté onion, minced garlic, and jalapeño pepper in hot olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in ketchup, dark brown sugar, vinegar, apple juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, celery seeds, and dried crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 month.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    One for the money...Way to bring it home and take care of your neighbours (nod).  I could put a hurt on that.  Well done. 
    Thank you sir. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    YukonRon said:

@YukonRon - Looks delicious, hoping for pics when it's pulled.
    Curious about your drip pan, what is that?
    Funny you should ask. That is a drip pan for my drip pan from ceramic grill store. I buy aluminum foil pressed pans often used for stationary serving. The largest size you can get at restaurant depot or some other similar type restaurant supply store. I buy them a couple times per year, usually with enough to get free shipping. I wash them in between cooks, they are quite durable, and will last dozens of cooks prior to recycling.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Bubba107
    Bubba107 Posts: 11
    Options
    That looks just super great
    thanks for sharing
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Bubba107 said:
    That looks just super great
    thanks for sharing
    Thank you for the kind words. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Looking great.

I'm likely doing to do a few of these in about a month.  Thanks for the reminder.
    I think you had asked me for Suzy’s Biscuit recipe, and I did not forget, but the were not biscuits, they are yeast rolls, and they are delicious. I finally was home long enough to get that recipe (long story but a broken wrist for her and traveling to see the children)
    Anyway……. Here is the recipe for yeast rolls, they practically melt in your mouth. 

-Rolls

REFRESHING ROLLS

1 1/2 cups water 80°F
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1/3 cup oil
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    4 1/2 cups bread flour
    2 tsp active dry yeast

Combine all ingredients until they come together and dough pulls away from bowl.

On floured surface, knead 3-5 minutes until dough silky and smooth. Put in lightly oiled bowl, cover with damp cloth and allow to rise at room temperature for 1 hour or until dough is doubled (could be faster if rising in warm location).  

Punch down dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Divide into pieces and shape.

Place in 2 (3) 9-inch greased baking dishes. Cover and let rise in a warm place 30 minutes or until double in size.

Bake at 350°F/177°C 20-30 minutes, or until done. Serve warm.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Awesome.  Thanks!

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Awesome.  Thanks!
    glad to help.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky