Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st run with Ooni Koda 16

Options
123457»

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Nice looking pies. Super jealous, just started DST and it's still snowing here. Sometimes I wonder if I should just trade in my PP Adore for an Ooni Volt 12 or Breville =)
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice looking pies. Super jealous, just started DST and it's still snowing here. Sometimes I wonder if I should just trade in my PP Adore for an Ooni Volt 12 or Breville =)
    Thanks. Its almost always cooking weather here, but March is my absolute favorite month in Houston. It was gorgeous today!

The Ooni Volt doesn't look half bad, actually. Will likely come down in price later in the year. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    caliking said:
    Onwards! 

Posting here for reference later. 

Tried cold fermented x 48hr doughs (NY and Neapolitan styles). From Marc Vetri’s Mastering Pizza.  

@Photo Egg - I removed the insulation beneath the stone, and temps are much more manageable now. 
    That’s just crazy talk!
    But great looking pies…
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    Onwards! 

Posting here for reference later. 

Tried cold fermented x 48hr doughs (NY and Neapolitan styles). From Marc Vetri’s Mastering Pizza.  

@Photo Egg - I removed the insulation beneath the stone, and temps are much more manageable now. 
    That’s just crazy talk!
    But great looking pies…
    Thanks! 

The insulation material possibly worked better than advertised. Stone temps of 900°F+ were fairly easy to hit. I removed it, but have it saved in case I really want to chase Neapolitan style pies at some point. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,090
    Options
    Pre-Heat stone at 450 for 20min.  Then change oven temperature to 400.  Put pie in for 15min - 17min.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Pre-Heat stone at 450 for 20min.  Then change oven temperature to 400.  Put pie in for 15min - 17min.

How does that compare to Papa Murphy’s?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,090
    Options

More consistent, cheaper, and always ready when you are.  However, they are not able to be used as currency.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • caliking
    Options

More consistent, cheaper, and always ready when you are.  However, they are not able to be used as currency.
    You forgot to mention that  it's a great source of protein. 

But,17 mins!?!? Ain’t nobody got time for that.