Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,546
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    This from Politico:
     “Trump May Owe $100 Million From Double-Dip Tax Breaks, Audit Shows,” by NYT’s Russ Buettner and ProPublica’s Paul Kiel: “The 92-story, glass-sheathed skyscraper along the Chicago River is the tallest and, at least for now, the last major construction project by Mr. Trump. Through a combination of cost overruns and the bad luck of opening in the teeth of the Great Recession, it was also a vast money loser. But when Mr. Trump sought to reap tax benefits from his losses, the I.R.S. has argued, he went too far and in effect wrote off the same losses twice.”
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• lousubcap
    Spineless politicians and their objective in life is to get reelected.  No integrity.  
    F'ing losers who won't challenge the big lie and other tales from the CHEETO.  
    The acolytes (aka 43-47% of the polled masses) refuse to think.  Having been played by the grifter in charge there is no going back.  F' me.  That is all for now.  
  • lousubcap
    Michael Cohen testified yesterday in former President Trump’s hush money criminal trial. Speaking about the payments to adult actress Stormy Daniels, Cohen testified that Trump told him, “There’s no reason to keep this thing out there so do it. He expressed to me, just do it.” Cohen also detailed his collaboration with former National Enquirer publisher David Pecker to quash negative press stories about Trump, saying he would “immediately show” Trump covers of issues he was sent before reaching publication. Cohen is expected to resume testifying today. Erin Doherty reports for Axios; Victoria Bekiempis reports for The Guardian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    lousubcap said:
    Spineless politicians and their objective in life is to get reelected.  No integrity.  
    F'ing losers who won't challenge the big lie and other tales from the CHEETO.  
    The acolytes (aka 43-47% of the polled masses) refuse to think.  Having been played by the grifter in charge there is no going back.  F' me.  That is all for now.  

love a good rant =) not that ive ever done that here ;) the donald has a way
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    edited May 14

Trump’s ‘Sore Loser Syndrome’ is spreading throughout the Republican Party 

BY AUSTIN SARAT, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 05/13/24 10:00 AM ET (from The Hill)

It once was an article of faith that American politicians, on both sides of the aisle, would act like good losers and graciously electoral defeat.They would concede publicly, even if they grumbled privately about election results. 

After the closely fought and contested 2000 presidential election, Vice President Al Gore offered an example. On Dec. 13, 2000, Gore told the nation, “I accept the finality of the outcome, which will be ratified next Monday in the Electoral College. And tonight, for the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession.” 

This is not to say that there have never been challenges or false accusations of election fraud or chicanery. There have been. But they were more the exception than the rule. And they never have been the stock and trade of an entire political party. 

How times have changed.  

We know what happened in 2020. We also know that Donald Trump has already refused to say unequivocally that he will accept the 2024 election result. As the former president said in a Time magazine interview last month, “If we don’t win, you know, it depends. It always depends on the fairness of an election.” 

That is bad enough, but Trump is not alone. The cancer of election denialism is metastasizing and fast becoming a key part of the Republican brand. 

It looks like 2020 may have been “a dress rehearsal” for 2024

Today, refusing to say whether they will accept the 2024 election results has become a staple among Republican leaders seeking favor with Trump and his MAGA followers. This reflects a political branding strategy and a distinctive psychological style called “sore loser syndrome.” 

As one commentator describes it, “This condition is reportedly characterized by exhibiting extreme anger; denying responsibility for a defeat while blaming others; and ‘acting out’ which may include violent acts against those considered responsible for what is deemed an undeserved, unfair negative outcome of a competition.” 

“Losers,” another says, “are more aggressive than winners on average. And that makes sense — if your rival outperforms you, you must resort to aggression to try and stop them.” 

A third student of sore losers explains, “Someone who is a sore loser may be merely spoiled.” "

Edit to fix spacing.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,037
    The parade of GOP reps making the pilgrimage to NYC to join Trump in court is really embarrassing.  What a spectacle.  If it happened in another country we’d be pointing and laughing at it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina

• lousubcap
    edited May 19
    Surely no one is surprised by the blather that rolls out of CHEETO.  It's all about feeding the acolytes a steady diet of pablum.  Sadly critical thinking has never been allowed in the clown show audience.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.  
    Edit to add the below from Politico today-

"Trump continued his attacks on ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR., depicting him as someone on the “radical left” amid ongoing concerns that the independent candidate could be a drag on the former president’s campaign.

That same concern is driving Trump to escalate his hardline rhetoric about vaccines, as Lisa Kashinsky, Kimberly Leonard and Brittany Gibson report this morning: “Trump is threatening to ‘not give one penny’ to schools or colleges that mandate the Covid-19 vaccine. He is accusing Kennedy of being a ‘fake’ anti-vaxxer. And he is rarely mentioning what he once touted as ‘one of the greatest miracles’ of his presidency — his program to speed development of the vaccine.”

"Typically, presidential candidates “moderate their messages for a general election audience after winning primaries,” the trio write. But “Kennedy has forced the former president to continue guarding his right flank on Covid by attracting vaccine skeptics to his third-party campaign and skewering Trump’s support for early pandemic shutdowns.”"
  • lousubcap
    From The Atlantic today:

On Memorial Day, while the nation mourned its honored dead, Donald Trump took to Truth Social to denounce “the Human Scum” who are “working so hard to destroy our Once Great Country.”

In the post, Trump did not mention the fallen soldiers whom, in the past, he has referred to as “suckers” and “losers.” But he did take the occasion to lash out at “the Radical Left, Trump Hating Federal Judge in New York” who had described what he did to E. Jean Carroll as “rape,” and the “N.Y. State Wacko Judge [Arthur Engoron] who fined me almost 500 Million Dollars (UNDER APPEAL) for DOING NOTHING WRONG.”

In a separate post the night before, Trump went after the “Radical, highly Conflicted Judge Juan Merchan,” who is presiding over the hush-money criminal trial in which the jury has begun deliberations. Trump also denounced “the Corrupt, Soros backed D.A., Alvin Bragg,” whom he accused of being “controlled by Crooked Joe Biden’s White House.” As I wrote last month, Trump’s broader strategy is to delegitimize the justice system as a whole—and to spread fear within the institutions tasked with holding him accountable.

Trump also took the time in his Memorial Day Truth Social post to resume his attacks on Carroll herself—the woman he has been found liable for sexually abusing, and then defaming, and then defaming again. He already owes her $91 million, but he felt the need, apparently, to once again accuse her of lying about his assault of her.

Amid all of the angry and unhinged rants, Trump’s attack on Carroll was particularly notable because it could prove even more expensive for the former president. Caroll’s attorney, Roberta Kaplan, has previously suggested that Carroll could file a third defamation suit against Trump for his continued comments about her. “We have said several times since the last jury verdict in January that all options were on the table,” Kaplan said in response to Monday’s post. “And that remains true today—all options are on the table.”

Meanwhile, The Washington Post reports that Trump is promising donors that he would deport pro-Palestinian protesters. As The Atlantic’s David Graham notes, protest is “an essential element of American freedom and is not itself against the law.” The threat, David writes, “is classic Trump: vindictive, nonsensical, disproportionate, and based on the assumption that deportation is the answer to America’s problems.” I could list other dangerous and nonsensical recent statements, but I’ll end with this one: Trump’s Memorial Day rant came just a little over 24 hours after he shared a video of a man furiously raving at MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough—and liberals in general. The man declares that Trump will “get rid of all you **** liberals. You liberals are gone when he **** wins. You **** blow-job liberals are done. Uncle Donnie’s gonna take this election—landslide.”

The New Republic’s Greg Sargent noted that this apparent endorsement of the idea that “liberals” will be “done” if Trump wins “should be placed alongside Trump’s other recent threats, such as his vow that news organizations will be ‘thoroughly scrutinized’ if he wins, his promise to persecute his ‘vermin’-like political foes, and his threat to prosecute a range of enemies without cause.” Taken together, as Sargent points out, these threats paint a clear picture of how Trump intends to treat ideological adversaries once in office.

The gravity and volume of Trump’s concerning statements, and the ways that they interconnect, are not always reflected back by major media coverage. A November study by Media Matters for America found that major news outlets gave “dramatically less coverage” to Trump’s description of his enemies as “vermin” earlier that month than they devoted to Hillary Clinton’s remark about a “basket of deplorables” in 2016. Among other findings, the Media Matters review notes that the Big Three broadcast-TV networks “provided 18 times more coverage” of Clinton’s comment than of Trump’s.

I offer the above list as a reminder of what the man the Republican Party is set to coronate for the presidency this summer is telling us outside the courtroom. For the moment, Trump’s fate is in the hands of a New York jury. But ultimately, his fate will be up to the voters, won’t it? Millions of voters seem disengaged from this year’s campaign. A New York Times analysis of recent polling found that Trump’s current lead rests with voters “who aren’t paying close attention to politics, who don’t follow traditional news and who don’t regularly vote.” Young voters seem especially dismayed about the election and cynical about the stakes.

But Trump continues to tell us who he is and what he intends to do. We’ve been warned, and nobody—including that jury—is coming to save us before November.

• lousubcap
    Guilty on all 34 counts! CHEETO goes down and continues to make Nixon look like a saint!
    How sweet it is!
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina

• fishlessman
    More media coverage for our next president.  =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    More media coverage for a convicted felon =)
    Fixed that for you.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    HeavyG said:

I've always been a fan of really clever political cartoons.  This one is exquisite!  :clap:  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• nealmgb
    nealmgb Posts: 75

LBGE St. Louis MO
  • fishlessman
    Fixed that for you.  

trumps spins guilty into gold and a 2024 presidential victory =);)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Fixed that for you.  

It is entirely possible.  I just don't know why anyone would see that as a desirable outcome at this point.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    The American Tliban insurgents are threatening a Civil War.

This is all the proof anyone should ever need to realize the decades long Republican war on education, has worked beyond their wildest dreams. 

The end of critical thinking has left the public schools due to funding, and the "private schools operated by the church" has ended all potential for critical thinking to the massive portion of school aged children, for years.

Donald Trump does love the stupid, America served him a full plate of right-wing extremists to support his only desire of emerging as Fuhrer of the USA.

Vote Blue. Education, Healthcare, Equal Rights, 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
  • fishlessman
    Fixed that for you.  

It is entirely possible.  I just don't know why anyone would see that as a desirable outcome at this point.

there is no desirable outcome between the two running..........and at this point, trust is taking a big hit with the judicial system so a guilty verdict may not mean much at all
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Fixed that for you.  

there is no desirable outcome between the two running....
    Sure there is.  This is silly.  All you have to do is to focus on what policies their administrations are likely to put into place.  Insisting they’re both the same is just an excuse to not think.
  • fishlessman
    Fixed that for you.  

Sure there is.  This is silly.  All you have to do is to focus on what policies their administrations are likely to put into place.  Insisting they’re both the same is just an excuse to not think.

exactly =) and to add to that, one cant walk, talk, or think........
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Fixed that for you.  

Your poor attempts at trolling have been noted.
  • fishlessman
    Fixed that for you.  

Your poor attempts at trolling have been noted.

well you could have come up with some biden policies you like but didnt..... =) my favorite one is using a proxy to bomb russia with our missiles =)
    fukahwee maine