Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Dislike-o-wart is slogging along, dislike, dislike, dislike....until he comes across a Hitler meme.....(pause).....hmmmmm, not sure what to do....
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,513

"Federal District Court Judge James Boasberg on Monday ordered former Vice President Pence to appear in front of a grand jury investigating former President Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election. The order largely swept aside two separate legal efforts by Trump and Pence to limit Pence’s testimony. Trump’s lawyers unsuccessfully claimed specific issues were subject to executive privilege, while Pence’s lawyers invoked the Constitution’s “speech or debate” clause, a provision intended to protect the separation of powers. While Boasberg acknowledged the clause applied, he ruled that Pence would nevertheless have to testify about any potentially illegal acts committed by Trump. Alan Feuer and Maggie Haberman report for the New York Times

District Judge Lewis Kaplan yesterday denied former President Trump’s bid to throw out E. Jean Carroll’s defamation claim from next month’s trial over whether Trump raped the former Elle magazine columnist in the 1990s. Kaplan rejected Trump’s claim that “absolute litigation privilege” immunized the former president for allegedly defaming Carroll last Oct. 12 on his Truth Social media platform by denying the rape occurred. Jonathan Stempel reports for Reuters. "

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap

"The Manhattan grand jury examining former President Trump’s alleged role in a hush money payment to an adult actor is set to break for a month mainly due to a previously scheduled hiatus, according to a person familiar with the proceedings. The break would push any indictment of the former president into late April, although it is possible that the grand jury’s schedule could change. Erica Orden reports for POLITICO

Former President Trump is appealing a court ruling that would compel former aides to appear before a grand jury as part of the criminal investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election, two sources familiar with the matter told CNN. The mid-March ruling hampered Trump’s efforts to use executive privilege to block the testimony of former aides and allies. The docket of Trump’s new appeal provides few details and does not identify the parties or the specifics of the case. Sara Murray, Zachary Cohen, and Tierney Sneed report for CNN. ?

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    The latest on CHEETO'S investigations:

"The Justice Department and FBI investigators have new evidence suggesting possible obstruction by former President Trump in the investigation into top-secret documents found at his Mar-a-Lago home, according to people familiar with the matter. The emails and texts of Molly Michael, Trump’s assistant, who followed him from the White House to Florida may be particularly helpful as investigators reconstruct events from last spring. Michael’s written communications have provided investigators with a detailed understanding of the day-to-day activity at Mar-a-Lago at critical moments. Devlin Barrett, Josh Dawsey, and Perry Stein report for the Washington Post. "

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,010
    lousubcap said:
    The latest on CHEETO'S investigations:

"The Justice Department and FBI investigators have new evidence suggesting possible obstruction by former President Trump in the investigation into top-secret documents found at his Mar-a-Lago home, according to people familiar with the matter. The emails and texts of Molly Michael, Trump’s assistant, who followed him from the White House to Florida may be particularly helpful as investigators reconstruct events from last spring. Michael’s written communications have provided investigators with a detailed understanding of the day-to-day activity at Mar-a-Lago at critical moments. Devlin Barrett, Josh Dawsey, and Perry Stein report for the Washington Post. "

That’s the case where he’s in the most jeopardy, in my opinion.  The evidence is clear and I’m not sure there’s an effective defense after the subpoena was received.  
  • lousubcap
    Yep- the information to date does not leave much in the way of the standard "Deny, Deflect, Delay" playbook to work with. 
    CHEETO can just jet from NYC to GA to Dc to cover all the cases.
    How sweet it is.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    JohnInCarolina said:
    That’s the case where he’s in the most jeopardy, in my opinion.  The evidence is clear and I’m not sure there’s an effective defense after the subpoena was received.  
    It's also the best case for justifying his detainment.  He's buddies with at least three authoritarians/dictators (has already met privately with one with no oversight); he has access to millions; he has his own jet; and he sees the chances of his re-election/self-pardoning/staying out of prison evaporating.   He is the worst sort of flight risk.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• lousubcap
    "Federal investigators are asking witnesses whether former President Trump used a map containing sensitive intelligence information, taken after leaving office, to show off to aides and visitors, four people with knowledge of the matter said. Whether Trump was displaying sensitive material after he left office is crucial as investigators try to reconstruct what Trump was doing with boxes of documents that went with him to his Florida residence, Mar-a-Lago. Maggie Haberman, Adam Goldman, and Alan Feuer report for the New York Times. "
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    "Federal investigators are asking witnesses whether former President Trump used a map containing sensitive intelligence information, taken after leaving office, to show off to aides and visitors, four people with knowledge of the matter said. Whether Trump was displaying sensitive material after he left office is crucial as investigators try to reconstruct what Trump was doing with boxes of documents that went with him to his Florida residence, Mar-a-Lago. Maggie Haberman, Adam Goldman, and Alan Feuer report for the New York Times. "
    This whole story... man.  If half of it is accurate the special counsel has him dead to rights.  
  • JohnInCarolina

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Cereal. 

And Alvin”Cannot “ Bragg sounds like something that Berman fella on ESPN would come up with. 

But, sure. Let’s make him president again. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,032
    He seems confident, not at all worried about the court cases.
    Not a felon
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    "cereal" vs serial - no editing of voice recognition conversion output.  Dislike in 3...2...1.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Botch
    Jen Psaki just released a very cool interview with Jordan Klepper; it concerns a lot of the tie-ins between trumpism and the gun/fear culture.  

https://youtu.be/BC-Oyps9W8s

• JohnInCarolina
    SamIAm2 said:
    "cereal" vs serial - no editing of voice recognition conversion output.  Dislike in 3...2...1.
    someone is coo coo for coco puffs
  • lousubcap
    No surprises there @Botch but nice to hear from the originator instead of assessing through his takes.  Still F' me. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    “stollen”

• Botch
    Yum, stollen...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    “stollen”

Duuuuhhhhh…makes total sense in magaland
    "Two-thirds of Americans would prefer congressional Republicans to let the investigations into former President Trump run their course rather than to stop them, according to a CBS news poll. However, 56% of Republicans say Republicans in Congress should try to stop these law enforcement investigations — a view driven by those who consider themselves part of the Make America Great Again movement. About 75% of Republicans say it is at least somewhat important that Republicans are loyal to Trump. Anthony Salvanto, Kabir Khanna, Jennifer de Pinto, and Fred Backus report for CBS News. "
  • JohnInCarolina

• Legume
  • Legume
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,334
    How apropos one card is the king of hearts, although it is not artistically accurate.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:

I think his recent disclosures indicated these things were a pretty big loser for him.