Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,032
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,608
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-jury-finds-donald-trump-sexually-abused-e-jean-carroll-civil-suit

I know that you won’t like the source,  I am only citing it as a source that agrees on the verdicts. 
    Question one , found not liable for rape. Question 2 found liable for sexual abuse but not rape? Question 3 found liable for defamation but not liable for rape. Number one is pretty simple. Number 2 is a bit more complicated as in what constitutes sexual abuse but doesn’t rise to rape. Number 3: he said that he didn’t rape her and the jury agreed. Interesting results.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,009
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-jury-finds-donald-trump-sexually-abused-e-jean-carroll-civil-suit

I know that you won’t like the source,  I am only citing it as a source that agrees on the verdicts. 
    Question one , found not liable for rape. Question 2 found liable for sexual abuse but not rape? Question 3 found liable for defamation but not liable for rape. Number one is pretty simple. Number 2 is a bit more complicated as in what constitutes sexual abuse but doesn’t rise to rape. Number 3: he said that he didn’t rape her and the jury agreed. Interesting results.
    No, the jury found that Trump isn't liable for rape because the allegation wasn't proved by a preponderance of evidence.  But they found that he was guilty of everything else he was charged with by the same token, and their verdict was unanimous.  

It's a huge victory for Carroll and for all of the other women Trump has sexually assaulted, some of whom testified at the trial. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Again how can he be innocent of rape but guilty of defamation by stating that he didn’t rape her? Also what acts constituted sexual abuse and were there any collaborating witnesses or video records of the general or specific area? Keep in mind that I have said publicly on here that I don’t plan to vote for Trump in the primary as I consider him to have engaged in nepotism, poor judgement in hiring, and poor judgement in accepting election results. Besides that he is an immoral person. But does the Duke lacrosse team case jog any memories?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,513
    edited May 2023
    I gotta get me to some news after being out and about!
    How sweet it is!  
    Another chink in the CHEETO playbook armor, just building to bringing down the ultimate hammers.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2023
    Again how can he be innocent of rape but guilty of defamation by stating that he didn’t rape her? Also what acts constituted sexual abuse and were there any collaborating witnesses or video records of the general or specific area? Keep in mind that I have said publicly on here that I don’t plan to vote for Trump in the primary as I consider him to have engaged in nepotism, poor judgement in hiring, and poor judgement in accepting election results. Besides that he is an immoral person. But does the Duke lacrosse team case jog any memories?
    The Duke kids were found innocent of all charges and the case against them was dropped.  That is not what happened here.

Your other questions can all be answered with a bit of reading and your own research.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Trump was caught on tape, bragging about being able to sexually assault women.  He’s been accused of the same by multiple women.  Our first instinct when he’s found guilty by a jury of his peers probably shouldn’t be “gee I don’t know what about…” 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    It’s very common to for charges to be reduced for a million reasons.  If she didn’t have a contemporaneous witness and he a big mouth, he may have gotten away with the sex charges.  I just wish he had to register as a sex offender.
    Always remember “There's none so blind as they that won't see.” - Johnathan Swift.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,199
    Legume said:

Judging by the stain on the dress........some one needs to see a doctor
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Wrong stain, this is the one on the wall in the southern white (power) house
    Well, at least you won’t vote for him in the PRIMARIES. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    I don't know exactly how appeals work in the "civil" system, but I wouldn't bet any money on them being exhausted before he dies of diet- and stress-related health issues.  

• Gulfcoastguy
    dmchicago said:
    Well, at least you won’t vote for him in the PRIMARIES. 
    I would prefer to vote for someone under 60 but I won’t vote for anyone over 80 either.
  • nolaegghead
    I guess some things are more important than the issues.
    The brain dead can’t do anything about the issues.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,032
    No, but they can sure vote!
    Not a felon
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Oh snap!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    And press like.
  • nolaegghead
    Wise presidents make ad hoc decisions based on recommendations from the people who he hires to trust and they will give him assessments and recommendations based on their assessment of summary metrics.  If a president shoots from the hip like a cowboy based on emotion or politics, then IMO he or she is not going to do the best job for the collective country.
    I love lamp.

• lousubcap
    Talk about groveling for a ratings boost!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    He’s used to the Johnson sucking he gets on Faux News when he says crazy stuff.  The CNN viewers may not be as excited when he “trolls the libs” tonight.  

What could possibly go wrong?

me:
    edited May 2023
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    edited May 2023
    I wasn't going to click on the Town Hall, but I did.  See how long I can last (he's already getting frustrated, getting corrected).  
    Maybe see how long he can last; What's-her-name is correcting him well so far.  

• lousubcap
    @Botch- I'm counting on you for the unbiased assessment when this $hit-show is over.  I cannot stand to watch anything with CHEETO as a main focus.
    Now, if CHEETO is getting slammed then I'm all in. 
    BTW- Have I mentioned how CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint?
  • Botch
    I can give you an unbiased assessment right now.  We're 50 minutes in and not one audience question so far was from a Democrat/Independent.  Not one!  
    I thought they were going for just an hour, but they took a break at 45 minutes, and I can't watch anymore.  
    It's apparent that, whatever "journalistic integrity" CNN may have had, is gone now; they're going after a just-cut-loose audience and the dollar$ they represent.  I'm hoping Fareed Zakaria (the only CNN I watch anymore) finds a new home, soon.