Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I thought the Liberty Bell was much larger
    His yuge hands throw off your perspective.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    It got me pretty pissed, the last time I posted a Beau video, that a couple folks dismissed it because of his southern accent.  Phuck you bigots.

Beau was spot-on in this video; well-worth ten minutes of your time, unless the trumph-cult is more important to you than the United States.  

https://youtu.be/SPfjcCdhMFA

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,513
    Fox News has agreed to pay $787.5 million to settle a defamation lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems over Fox’s reporting of the 2020 presidential election. The last-minute deal spares Fox executives such as Rupert Murdoch from having to testify. Dominion argued its business was harmed by Fox’s false claims that the vote had been rigged against former President Trump. Bernd Debusmann reports for BBC News.

Some related thoughts (not original from me):

"The settlement in turn means they won’t have to explain all the pretrial evidence (emails, depositions, and so on) showing that they knew Trump lied about the 2020 election being “stolen” but they went ahead and joined Trump’s lie nonetheless — in order not to lose viewers to Newsmax, One America News, or any other group to their right with even fewer scruples — so they’d preserve their revenue stream.

Fox said in a statement that “we acknowledge the court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false.” It added: “We are hopeful that our decision to resolve this dispute with Dominion amicably, instead of the acrimony of a divisive trial, allows the country to move forward from these issues.”

Move forward? 

What about an apology from Fox? From these Fox hosts? A confession of complicity in Trump’s big lie? A promise to stop lying in the future? 

Nada.

Nothing about the lawsuit or its settlement has been aired on Fox News. Fox viewers continue to be in the dark about all of it — Trump’s big lie, Fox’s amplification of the big lie, the lawsuit, and the emails and pretrial testimony showing that Fox News and its hosts knew it was all a big lie. 

Meanwhile, Trump continues to push his big lie. Presumably, Fox News will continue to push it as well because, hey, it sells to the Trump base that Fox News helped create. 

And that’s really what this is all about: Money. Money to Trump. Money to Dominion. Money to Murdoch. Money to people such as Carlson and Hannity and Ingraham, and Bartiroma — all of whom long ago cashed in their integrity for big bucks. 

Even though their behavior has brought America to the cusp of civil war — including an attack on the U.S. Capitol — they’ll continue to do whatever is necessary (short of defaming a deep-pocketed voting machine company) to keep the money flowing in their direction."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    The best comments I've heard/read about this settlement were something to the effect of It was not Dominion's responsibility to destroy Fox for our emotional benefit. It was Dominion's responsibility to its owners and shareholders to be compensated for the losses they incurred due to Fox News lies. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,199
    this is some silly math, in 2018 dominion was worth 40 million, by last year they were up at 98 million. after all those losses they add another 787.5 million. they really took a hit with these trumpian fox news lies
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Wasn't surprised they settled but was surprised at the amount - thought they would have/could have gotten a lot more. However, at their press conference I learned that Dominion is actually owned by an investment group so I understood why they just took the guaranteed $787million payday rather than risk the slight chance of $0.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Another analysis I heard was that the value of the 787MM today is worth more than waiting until the trial, hoping for a favorable verdict, praying for a mega award then waiting years while Fox appealed for years.  
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Learned something new, Dominion was founded in and currently HQ'd in the GWN.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    A bit more on the Dominion settlement:

"Dominion's choice to settle comes as a great disappointment to many critics of Fox, and is also probably a smart financial decision. For the critics, this case was about democracy and disinformation and provided an opportunity to hold Fox accountable for years of broadcasting hogwash. For Dominion, it was primarily about business. No matter how lofty the language its spokespeople used, the company didn't sue to fix the American media landscape." David A. Graham in The AtlanticFox News Lost the Lawsuit but Won the War

+ The war over damages is far from over. "Most notably, Fox News faces a $2.7 billion case brought by election technology company Smartmatic." (Then there's a broader war to secure America's democracy. No corporation or court case is going to do that, and we shouldn't expect that it will.)"
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,199
    lousubcap said:
    A bit more on the Dominion settlement:

"Dominion's choice to settle comes as a great disappointment to many critics of Fox, and is also probably a smart financial decision. For the critics, this case was about democracy and disinformation and provided an opportunity to hold Fox accountable for years of broadcasting hogwash. For Dominion, it was primarily about business. No matter how lofty the language its spokespeople used, the company didn't sue to fix the American media landscape." David A. Graham in The AtlanticFox News Lost the Lawsuit but Won the War

+ The war over damages is far from over. "Most notably, Fox News faces a $2.7 billion case brought by election technology company Smartmatic." (Then there's a broader war to secure America's democracy. No corporation or court case is going to do that, and we shouldn't expect that it will.)"
    This lawsuit was rigged😝
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    edited April 2023
    And here I thought the Jesus show was two weeks ago! B)
    Edit for fat finger spelling. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    And of course...

(apologies for my 30 second photoshopping)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,009

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Bodine
    Bodine Posts: 15
    edited April 2023
    I notice there are a lot of non Trumpers  on this forum. Could you give me a run down on how Biden / Harris are doing? I am Interested in hearing different opinions.
    The economy/debt
    The border
    The military
    Fossil fuels
    China
    Afghanistan withdrawal
    Ukraine aid??????
    And do you think he is actually running the show?

• lousubcap
    ABC is the only way.  Anybody But CHEETO.
    Character counts as does integrity and putting the country before self (aka the US Constitution and upholding the oath of office) are the drivers for me.
    I loathe CHEETO for the way he cheapened the office he held and the nation. 
    CHEETO only cares about CHEETO first.
    Have I mentioned CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited April 2023
    Bodine said:
    I notice there are a lot of non Trumpers  on this forum. Could you give me a run down on how Biden / Harris are doing? I am Interested in hearing different opinions.
    The economy/debt
    The border
    The military
    Fossil fuels
    China
    Afghanistan withdrawal
    Ukraine aid??????

Start a new thread!  You can do that you know - it would be your first in 15 years on the forum!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,799
    Bodine said:
    The economy/debt
    The border
    The military
    Fossil fuels
    China
    Afghanistan withdrawal
    Ukraine aid??????

You forgot "fentanyl!!" and "Hunter's laptop!!!!"

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,799
    One should note that there are exponentially more people who need to pee in India 😁 Superhuman intervention is warranted. 

A similar strategy has been used for another public nuisance in India- spitting paan/betel leaf juice. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Bodine
    Bodine Posts: 15
    OK, I will start a new thread, wow, have I been a member for 15 years! Guess I have had an egg for longer than that. Love that beast, still in great condition, a forever smoker/grill.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,032
    caliking said:
    Bodine said:
    The economy/debt
    The border
    The military
    Fossil fuels
    China
    Afghanistan withdrawal
    Ukraine aid??????

You forgot "fentanyl!!" and "Hunter's laptop!!!!"
    Geez, gotta scratch the surface doctor.  Fentanyl is covered under boarder and Ukraine aid is the money the Biden's got from Ukraine which is all spelled out on the laptop.

No idea what show we're taking about, he's not the tv celebrity.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    "Former President Trump cannot block former Vice President Pence from testifying before a grand jury investigating the Jan. 6 attack, a federal appeals court ruled yesterday. Pence may now speak under oath about the pressure Trump put him under to declare the 2020 election results invalid. However, Trump could attempt to block the testimony by appealing to the Supreme Court. Rachel Weiner reports for the Washington Post. "

• JohnInCarolina
    edited April 2023

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    YARN  Well thats great Thats just fuckin great man  Aliens 1986   Video clips by quotes  d660c507
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,601
    lousubcap said:
    7 hours!  That is a long long time.  I dislike trying to figure out who ate the last of my takeout without permission.  Those interrogations can last 2, sometimes 3 minutes!  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI