Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,799
    I think the AG should meet with them.

Via Zoom.

On Hunter's laptop. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,513

"A March 2024 trial date has been set for former President Trump in relation to the hush money payments case. Trump has said the protective order to which he is subject will impede his election campaign. Shayna Jacobs reports for the Washington Post

Special counsel Jack Smith has nearly finished obtaining evidence in his criminal investigation into whether former President Trump mishandled classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, according to people familiar with the matter. It is unclear whether Smith will charge Trump or if he has presented a recommendation to Attorney General Merrick Garland, who would make a final decision. Aruna Viswanatha, Sadie Gurman, and C. Ryan Barber report for the Wall Street Journal. "

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    "A Mar-a-Lago maintenance worker helped a former President Trump aid move boxes to a storage unit shortly before a Justice Department official came seeking the return of classified materials, the worker has told federal prosecutors. The worker’s account is potentially significant to prosecutors as it may reveal whether Trump obstructed efforts by the Justice Department and the National Archives to retrieve classified documents. Alan Feuer and Maggie Haberman report for the New York Times. "

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,031
    Thanks John.  Always better to see what you're clicking on ahead of time. 
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,008
    Legume said:
    That someone caught all of that on video is pretty wild.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    Legume said:
    I'd like to know what the Secret Service agents are doing at times like this...

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,031
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    I'd like to know what the Secret Service agents are doing at times like this...
    Because of the boxes or the filming ?
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    edited May 2023
    Yes.  

EDIT:  But, especially the boxing.  SS agents (ew, that abbreviation) are, to my own observations, never more than a yard or two from any ex-president or even cheeto, and there's at least 3 of them visible.  How can they see something like this, that close, and not realize what is happening?
    I'm far more inclined to believe that any doc transfer was arranged via his "lawyers", or at least via phone messages.  I can't help but believe that the above video footage was either staged, or AI.  I don't believe it possible that Shitto could direct a box delivery into a small jet, and then climb aboard, in his trademark fascist outfit, without it getting more attention than the 3 non-descript sources listed above.    

I question news sources from both sides; we all should.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• JohnInCarolina

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    “Milktoast” 😂

• JohnInCarolina
  • lousubcap

"Department of Justice special counsel Jack Smith has a 2021 audio recording of former President Trump acknowledging he kept a classified Pentagon document about a possible attack on Iran after leaving the White House. This tape could end up as part of a criminal case. However, the tape seems unlikely to dent his political position as the frontrunner for the Republican nomination in 2024. Zachary B. Wolf reports for CNN

Department of Justice special counsel Jack Smith subpoenaed employees from the Trump White House who may have been involved in firing Christopher Krebs, the government cybersecurity official whose agency stated the 2020 election was “the most secure in American history.” Krebs’s assessment contrasted with then-President Trump’s baseless assertions that it was a “fraud.” Five days after Krebs’ agency stated, “There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes or was in any way compromised,” Trump tweeted that Krebs was “terminated” after releasing a “highly inaccurate” statement about the 2020 election. Maggie Haberman and Jonathan Swan report for the New York Times

Former President Trump’s lawyers are expected to seek the recusal of New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan overseeing Trump’s hush money criminal case, alleging political and personal conflicts, according to a statement released yesterday by Trump’s lawyers. The statement said that Merchan “apparently made” contributions to President Biden and a Democratic organization. Merchan previously handled the Trump Organization’s criminal tax fraud trial. Shayna Jacobs reports for the Washington Post. "

• JohnInCarolina
    I’m really not sure what more evidence the special prosecutor could possibly need at this point. 
  • lousubcap
    I'm guessing it's not that there isn't enough but every time you turn around there's more.  Air tight comes to mind as you are only gonna get one shot. 
    Just spitballing here. 
  • HeavyG

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,807
    You can almost hear it like George Costanza is saying it himself: "Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time."
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    And a solid read from The Atlantic today:

Isabel Fattal

SENIOR EDITOR

Yesterday, news outlets reported the existence of a recording in which Donald Trump discusses his possession of classified documents. The recording could prove legally damaging, but its existence also reveals something important about how the former president operates.

Image Above Law

Former President Donald Trump at Trump National Golf Club in Sterling Virginia

Former President Donald Trump at Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Virginia (Rob Carr / Getty)

View in browser

Yesterday evening, CNN and The New York Times reported that federal prosecutors have a 2021 recording of Donald Trump discussing a military document he held on to after leaving the White House. According to multiple sources, Trump indicates in the recording that he is aware that the document in his possession is classified.

The content of this recording could play an important role in Justice Department Special Counsel Jack Smith’s investigation of Trump’s handling of secret records in Mar-a-Lago. A strong prosecution would need to prove that Trump was aware that what he was doing was illegal, and the 2021 tape could offer that evidence. (Neither CNN nor the Times heard the recording, but multiple sources described the audio to reporters.)

But, as my colleague David Graham noted today, the apparent recording plays another role in our understanding of Trump too: “The circumstances of the recording,” he writes, reveal “the way he seems to understand bad press as a graver threat than criminal prosecution.”

David walks us through the circumstances behind the tape: The recording was reportedly made during a meeting Trump held with two writers who were working with Mark Meadows, his former chief of staff, on Meadows’s autobiography. At the meeting, Trump was apparently upset about a recent New Yorker report claiming that, in the final days of his administration, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley had tried to prevent Trump from ordering a strike on Iran. Trump reportedly referenced a classified document that he suggested could undermine that claim. Meanwhile, Margo Martin, a Trump aide, was reportedly recording the meeting because Trump was worried about being misrepresented or misquoted.

In other words, David writes, “Trump’s fear of damaging press—whether in the Milley reports or the Meadows book—was so much greater than his fear of criminal accountability that he ended up making an incriminating recording that could be a key piece of his own prosecution.”

Trump has long viewed tapes as a protective currency, my colleague Sophie Gilbert noted in 2018—“a talisman against future malfeasance.” But he’s been burned before, when allies or employees use his own techniques against him. Two notable examples: the attorney Michael Cohen, and the former presidential aide Omarosa Manigault Newman.

This time, Trump could get burned by his own recording tactics—but David argues that he has some cards left to play: “Over and over, he’s managed to wriggle out of potential legal jams with bluster, brazenness, and the occasional large check.” That strategy worked even when Trump was president; by rallying political support, Trump was able to escape serious consequences from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, as well as conviction in both impeachments. He will try these tricks again, David reminds us:

No matter how damning the evidence that Smith is able to assemble, Trump is seeking to bully the Justice Department out of charging him. If that doesn’t work, he hopes to be reelected to the presidency in November 2024, which would allow him to shut down any investigation or prosecution against him, or to pardon himself. It might yet work.

And although 2024 is still a year away, one thing is for sure: Trump can consistently rely on political support from the GOP’s base. In an article aptly titled “They Still Love Him,” also published today, David noted that the majority of GOP voters don’t want a better Trump alternative than the candidates on offer. They want Trump himself. They still love him, and they will continue to love him—all the way to 2024, when he gets the chance to shove his legal troubles out of sight."

• lousubcap
    CHEETO deserves all the charges and indictments coming his way. 
    CHEETO made a mockery of the Constitution.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 
  • HeavyG

• Imma gonna start tellin people imma Magadonian.  An no it ain’t no Star Wars thing.
  • lousubcap
    You go for it!   ^^^^
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    When you have to announce how smart you are…
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina