Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    cancel comedy
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Talk about insecure...^^^^ but not surprised.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Wat da hell.  
    He never was about governance.  He's not even about politics, anymore; he and his followers are a cult.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    The cult is the scary deal.  With CHEETO'S hold (33-38% tops on the base) he can outlast any challenger unless one (no more than two) tells it like it is.  And then you will have to convince the remaining  60-65% to take CHEETO down. 
    This was the 2016 playbook.  Can we hose this up now knowing the character of CHEETO?  F'me if we do.
    I loathe CHEETO.  He makes Nixon look like a saint. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    This morning Larry Hogan (my hopeful) announced he will not  be running for the repub ticket.  This makes me unhappy but he did it for the right reason, as you mentioned.
    But, if desantis is our biggest hope, f me.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    In 2016 I was in the ABC camp; Anybody But Clinton.  I am still in the ABC camp; Anybody But CHEETO. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Botch said:
    This morning Larry Hogan (my hopeful) announced he will not  be running for the repub ticket.  This makes me unhappy but he did it for the right reason, as you mentioned.
    But, if desantis is our biggest hope, f me.  
    Abbott's been quiet as well.  I think they're both just afraid to scrap head to head with Cheeto.  Lots of tough talk until the bully shows up.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    So far Nikki is the only one to announce besides what’s his name. There’s talk of Kemp and Youngkin but we will see. My
    Bet is a lot of phone call’s behind the scenes over funding and vice presidential positions are being made.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    I find Nikki easy on the eyes 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Agreed but I doubt that she will be the nominee. Likely a vice presidential nominee since she could possibly deliver a purple state. So could Kemp thought he would more likely be a presidential candidate, if so I might vote for him. Youngkin in Virginia is a lame duck as they only allow governors one term. That means he might think of moving on up. DeSantos is unlikely to run unless Cheeto looks weak.
  • lousubcap
    For the country's sake CHEETO needs to become so weak as to fall by the wayside.  Unfortunately his base is strong as noted above.  Could well become a F'me deal. 
  • JohnInCarolina

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    edited March 2023
    lousubcap said:
    For the country's sake CHEETO needs to become so weak as to fall by the wayside.  Unfortunately his base is strong as noted above.  Could well become a F'me deal. 
    @lousubcap - As slow as the wheels of justice turn, especially in this merry go round instance, his possible election could be an historical moment. Followed by his incarceration awaiting trial. Don't think the constitution has provisions for that happenstance.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Botch
    edited March 2023
    SamIAm2 said:
    ...his possible election could be an historical moment. Followed by his incarceration awaiting trial. Don't think the constitution has provisions for that happenstance.
    I've posted this before, and will continue to post it.  The Constitution  does have provisions for this instance:

US Constitution, 14th Amendment Section 3:  No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

So does Federal Law:

18 U.S. Code Chapter 101:

Records and Reports

$2071 Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years. or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.

I will continue to hammer all my forums, the national newspapers, town halls with this until someone, anyone!,  the traditional republicans, the democrats, the DoJ, the news media, the President, anyone,  will start pointing this out.  

Is it going to take a low-ranking Civil Servant to finally say, "mr. trump's name will not be printed on the national ballot because he is forbidden from being President", like the Heroes in Georgia and NYC??   :anguished:  

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

The water seems cold...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Yeah, whoever that is 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    dmchicago said:
    Yeah, whoever that is 

Dennis, there are three kinds of people in this world:
    1) those who get the joke and keep it going;
    2) those who get the joke and spoil it for everyone else;
    3) those who don’t get the joke.

Strive to be in group #1.
  • dmchicago
    Yeah, well…sorry. I know a lot of hot girls. 

Their NAMES, however. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    dmchicago said:
    Yeah, well…sorry. I know a lot of hot girls. 

• dmchicago
    She’s hot. What’s her name?

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    dmchicago said:
    She’s hot. What’s her name?
    That’s Kari Lake.
  • JohnInCarolina

• lousubcap
    Rupert Murdoch predicted there would be “riots like never before” if the 2020 election results were overturned, even as his Fox News aired false claims about voter fraud, court filings in a defamation case revealed yesterday. In an email exchange on Nov. 19, 2020, Murdoch also called former President Trump a “sore loser” and said, “state legislators changing [results] sounds ridiculous.” The unsealed evidence also reveals the close ties between Fox News and the Trump administration. Dominion, which brought the defamation lawsuit against Fox News, alleges Fox falsely accused it of rigging the 2020 vote. Joe Miller and Anna Nicolaou report for the Financial Times.

• lousubcap
    Former President Trump yesterday said that former Vice President Mike Pence should shoulder the blame for the Jan. 6 attack. “Had he sent the votes back to the legislatures, they wouldn’t have had a problem with Jan. 6, so in many ways you can blame him for Jan. 6,” Trump told reporters, referring to Pence’s refusal to reject the electoral college votes in Congress as Trump wanted him to do that day. The former president’s comments respond to Pence’s remarks on Saturday, where he said unequivocally that Trump had been “wrong” to demand he overturned the election results. Isaac Arnsdorf and Maeve Reston report for the Washington Post.
    You can't make this stuff up!  CHEETO's playbook right there. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    hey @lousubcap you forgot your CMNLLAS  =)
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    edited March 2023
    @Canugghead - I must have suffered a brief aneurysm.  I will get another chance.  Thanks for the reminder.  B)
    Edit: That statement."CHEETO makes Nixon Look Like a Saint"  really offends the older followers of CHEETO and obviously those impacted by Agent Orange!!
  • dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina