Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Patriot Supply…yea or nay?

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,635
    edited October 2022
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,215
    RRP said:
    BTW - just for the record - about all my typos on this thread...I had cataract surgery lately and am still trying my best to get accustomed to new glasses which I still needed. For reading and computer I also bought a pair of  "computer glasses" but I switch back and forth from them and cheap drugstore glasses when using my tiny iPad like last night. I'm normally pretty careful about my typing, but last night was bad! and no, I was not hitting the juice last night!!!
    Lol, I thought maybe you dipped into the "Not Your Father's Root Beer".

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,807
    Hard pass. I'm ok with not surviving an apocalyptic event.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    caliking said:
    When it comes to TSHTF advice, I'm on Team Caliking.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago said:
    caliking said:
    @caliking not only knows his sh!t… he knows your sh!t and your children’s sh!t
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited October 2022
    dmchicago said:
    caliking said:
    @caliking not only knows his sh!t… he knows your sh!t and your children’s sh!t
    No Sh!t!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,976
    I never implied surviving an apocalyptic event...my idea is surviving a man made shortage of food due to say...RAILWAY strikes or TRUCKER strikes - or electrical transmission sabotage whereby refrigerator and freezer foods are ruined. Public panics similar to the run on toilet paper as with the onslaught of covid could empty the food shelves of many grocery stores. The fact that the food is supposedly good for 25 years is just an added bonus the way I see it.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    edited October 2022
    I have enough food-on-the-hoof and water on and under the ground to get me through most things. In fact, if I can’t get through with what I have, I just hope our new alien overlords just take me out early ha ha. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I have a well and a fig tree.  I will be fine.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,064
    Twinkies will survive as well
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,053
    I’m with @caliking

If the nukes come, I’ll be naked on my roof soaking it all in.  I don’t want to live like a cockroach.
    Not a felon
  • lkapigian said:
    Funny, I was thinking about those today.  One package is a couple hundred calories.  So ten of them safely gets you to 2k+ a day.  

I wonder what a year’s supply of Twinkies would cost.  
  • Legume
    lkapigian said:
    Funny, I was thinking about those today.  One package is a couple hundred calories.  So ten of them safely gets you to 2k+ a day.  

They take up too much space unless you were to compress them, but then you break the seal.  I don’t know how big your bunker is, but I’m limited to 1800 sq ft in mine.
    Not a felon
  • lkapigian said:

And that’s not even considering the benefits for the physique (and cholesterol, if I’m not misremembering).

https://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

’Cause personally, I want to leave a pretty corpse!
  • Legume said:
    lkapigian said:

They take up too much space unless you were to compress them, but then you break the seal.  I don’t know how big your bunker is, but I’m limited to 1800 sq ft in mine.
    Oh they sell them in bucket form too, don’t you worry, Hostess has you covered!

• To me, the name “My Patriot Supply” seems like an odd branding choice for emergency rations, in that it conjures up mental images of an apocalypse, but also of nationalism. Almost implies armed conflict. 

Seems like they missed so many other fun, potential brand names. 

Cataclysmic Calories 
    Fallout Fare
    Devastation Diet
    End-Of-The-World Eats
    Nihilistic Nutrition
    FUBAR’d Foodstuffs
    Apocalypse Amen
    HoHos for Holocausts
    Don't Glow, Grow!
    Snack Packs On Steroids
    Win The Hunger Games
    Zaxbys Not Zombies

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,064
    HoHos for Holocaust

LolL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    The cardboard food company.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:

1800 sq.ft living space is okay, but should have at least another 1,500sq.ft for storage.

• Legume
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:

1800 sq.ft living space is okay, but should have at least another 1,500sq.ft for storage.
    I meant storage.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,590
    Clearly getting out there in front of the run after today's Jan 6th committee hearing.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:

I meant storage.
    Okay, I was worried you hadn't thought it through.

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    If/when TSHTF it'll be "funny" how the script is flipped. The red necks who can hunt, fish, trap, cook over fire, and build anything with duck tape and bailing wire will be in charge. The intellectuals and finance folks who don't know which end of a hammer to hold will not be in charge. And I'm not saying all red necks know this stuff or all intellectuals don't...don't kill me. Let's hope we never find out. 

First 2 rules of prepping. 1. Don't tell folks you are prepping. 2. Having guns and ammo only isn't prepping.  
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,976
    edited October 2022
    ksmyrl said:
    If/when TSHTF it'll be "funny" how the script is flipped. The red necks who can hunt, fish, trap, cook over fire, and build anything with duck tape and bailing wire will be in charge. The intellectuals and finance folks who don't know which end of a hammer to hold will not be in charge. And I'm not saying all red necks know this stuff or all intellectuals don't...don't kill me. Let's hope we never find out. 

First 2 rules of prepping. 1. Don't tell folks you are prepping. 2. Having guns and ammo only isn't prepping.  
    PLUS PLUS PLUS

Thanks for chiming in here! As I tried to explain above, if the world we know gets blown to HELL by the prick putin, or by that short POS LOSER  in  Korea 
     Then I’m not sure my little, 4 week supply would have meant anything …anyway as we would have been dead anyways so who cares!

• WThose of us that grew up with survival skills & can live off the land, hunt & fish, will flourish.  The weak sheep corporate pussies will perish.  It’s the way of the world.  The strong will always come out on top.  Survival of the fittest.
  • ksmyrl said:

I know a few people in both camps and have a foot in both worlds in a way. Smart people have a way of figuring things out. I wouldn’t count those Wiley finance guys and intellectuals out. I would say they would make great bunker mates when TSHTF. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,351
    RRP said:
    I’ve never heard if this, Ron.  What is it?
    Honest, John? You have never heard a single commercial  by “My Patriot Supply” by a KCMO  company? 
    I really haven’t, but I don’t watch TV except for live sports.  
    Robot fighting and WWE don’t count as sports John. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike said:
    RRP said:
    Honest, John? You have never heard a single commercial  by “My Patriot Supply” by a KCMO  company? 
    Neither does extreme crocheting. 
  • CTMike said:
    RRP said:
    Neither does extreme crocheting.