Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Patriot Supply…yea or nay?

13»

Comments

• WThose of us that grew up with survival skills & can live off the land, hunt & fish, will flourish.  The weak sheep corporate pussies will perish.  It’s the way of the world.  The strong will always come out on top.  Survival of the fittest.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,807
    ksmyrl said:
    If/when TSHTF it'll be "funny" how the script is flipped. The red necks who can hunt, fish, trap, cook over fire, and build anything with duck tape and bailing wire will be in charge. The intellectuals and finance folks who don't know which end of a hammer to hold will not be in charge. And I'm not saying all red necks know this stuff or all intellectuals don't...don't kill me. Let's hope we never find out. 

First 2 rules of prepping. 1. Don't tell folks you are prepping. 2. Having guns and ammo only isn't prepping.  
    I know a few people in both camps and have a foot in both worlds in a way. Smart people have a way of figuring things out. I wouldn’t count those Wiley finance guys and intellectuals out. I would say they would make great bunker mates when TSHTF. 
    Agree. The "rednecks" who are confident of their survival skills shouldn't expect to suddenly be top of the foodchain. There are reasons why they aren't there right now. But, its the romance of the notion that they find endearing. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.