Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I honestly don’t know where to post this.

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Noun, verb, 9/11.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    Didn't miss the nail once though, did he?  100% utilisation rate of effort. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Here's a series of rankings of the 50 states, according to who is the most, and least, free in a whole bunch of different areas.  Make sure to click on your area(s) of interest along the left-hand side, a lot to look at here.

https://www.freedominthe50states.org/alcohol

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• HeavyG
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,342
    From a car blog I frequent.  No explanation for it being posted there, no explanation where it originally came from and what I am really curious about, why?  Any ideas?

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • HeavyG
    I thought it might have been something done by the artist Vargas but it is from:

A postcard of the painting _Val Veeta_, created in 1965 by the American Pop painter Mel Ramos (born 1935).

Along with Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol, Mel Ramos was one of the first artists to create paintings of images from comic books. Works of these three artists were exhibited together at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in 1963. Along with Claes Oldenburg, James Rosenquist, Tom Wesselman and Wayne Thiebaud, Ramos produced art works that celebrated aspects of popular culture as represented in mass media. His paintings have been shown in major exhibitions of Pop art in the U.S. and in Europe, and reproduced in books, catalogs, and periodicals throughout the world.

This postcard was published in the Netherlands in the 1990s. It is about 4 x 6 inches (10x15cm) size. It is unused and in Mint condition.

No idea why it appeared on a car forum.

• dbCooper
    Seems the original painting had a auction estimate of $400-600k in 2015...

Great Plains, USA
  • HeavyG

• Botch
    edited December 2023
    There's two things going on with the Democrats that I think are kinda significant stories, but haven't been mentioned in MSM yet (if ever).  

The First
    is that the democratic party are pushing a bill requiring Big Money (private equity funds, wall street, etc) to divest any single-family homes they've purchased and are now renting, either directly or thru third parties, within the next ten years.  If the 1% of the US who have 90+% of the wealth eventually owns all housing in the US, guess who controls housing prices?  And controls where the future wealth is funneled off to?  Here's the video where I learned this, guy has a southern accent so if that makes him ig'nerent in your mind, you don't need to bother.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgbA8WJXok&t=211s  (discussing this with a nearly-estranged  cousin of mine, I tried to cool off the argument by asking how her three adult kids were doing.  They all have moved back in with her, and I shouldn't have immediately pointed out that that wasn't common when we were in our twenties, right?  She hung up on me, but it kinda made the point we were discussing).  

The Second (from the same guy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xe-Q8ORfWo ) (I apologize for posting links instead of direct clickable thumbs, I don't know why but I have to post them two different ways before the second one will take, and it doesn't matter the order; very frustrating).  One of President Biden's campaign promises was to forgive all student debt in this country.  This raised a lot of eyebrows (including mine) and his proposed bill ($400B) was struck down by the SC.  I, and most others, thought that was the end of it, but according to the above video, funding in smaller amounts have been granted throughout his administration so far, to between $100 and $130B!  The smaller amounts "skip under the radar", and the MSN.  
    Now, should this be done?  At first, I didn't think so.  I had a moderate amount of student debt when I graduated, but eventually paid it off in my 30's.  But, I'd also had the benefit of using 3.5 years of a 4-year full-ride ROTC scholarship, getting 75% of my Master's tuition paid by the guvmint, and 100% of my Associate's Degree.  The above points out that relieved tuition debt results in dollars instead going into the local economies.  
    I would ask that anyone who's gotten this far, click that second link, and Pause the video (damn ig'nerent southerners!) and instead read a page or two of the comments below it.  Some folks were in deep financial trouble, and now aren't, thru no fault of their own.  And in a World of football coaches getting a larger amount of money in one year than the cost of a new university engineering facility, we really need to recalibrate our economy, MINUS the folks who skip into space in blue coveralls and cowboy hats to toast themselves with Champagne.    

• Botch said:
    There's two things going on with the Democrats that I think are kinda significant stories, but haven't been mentioned in MSM yet (if ever).  

The First
    is that the democratic party are pushing a bill requiring Big Money (private equity funds, wall street, etc) to divest any single-family homes they've purchased and are now renting, either directly or thru third parties, within the next ten years.  If the 1% of the US who have 90+% of the wealth eventually owns all housing in the US, guess who controls housing prices?  And controls where the future wealth is funneled off to?  Here's the video where I learned this, guy has a southern accent so if that makes him ig'nerent in your mind, you don't need to bother.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgbA8WJXok&t=211s  (discussing this with a nearly-estranged  cousin of mine, I tried to cool off the argument by asking how her three adult kids were doing.  They all have moved back in with her, and I shouldn't have immediately pointed out that that wasn't common when we were in our twenties, right?  She hung up on me, but it kinda made the point we were discussing).  

The Second (from the same guy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xe-Q8ORfWo ) (I apologize for posting links instead of direct clickable thumbs, I don't know why but I have to post them two different ways before the second one will take, and it doesn't matter the order; very frustrating).  One of President Biden's campaign promises was to forgive all student debt in this country.  This raised a lot of eyebrows (including mine) and his proposed bill ($400B) was struck down by the SC.  I, and most others, thought that was the end of it, but according to the above video, funding in smaller amounts have been granted throughout his administration so far, to between $100 and $130B!  The smaller amounts "skip under the radar", and the MSN.  
    Now, should this be done?  At first, I didn't think so.  I had a moderate amount of student debt when I graduated, but eventually paid it off in my 30's.  But, I'd also had the benefit of using 3.5 years of a 4-year full-ride ROTC scholarship, getting 75% of my Master's tuition paid by the guvmint, and 100% of my Associate's Degree.  The above points out that relieved tuition debt results in dollars instead going into the local economies.  
    I would ask that anyone who's gotten this far, click that second link, and Pause the video (damn ig'nerent southerners!) and instead read a page or two of the comments below it.  Some folks were in deep financial trouble, and now aren't, thru no fault of their own.  And in a World of football coaches getting a larger amount of money in one year than the cost of a new university engineering facility, we really need to recalibrate our economy, MINUS the folks who skip into space in blue coveralls and cowboy hats to toast themselves with Champagne.    
    Embedded so folks don't have to watch the ads:

The First:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgbA8WJXok

The Second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xe-Q8ORfWo

If you're wondering how I do this every time, just remember that I am a magician.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,040
    edited December 2023

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    And that's all you need to know regarding the great divide in the country and what is looming in 2024.  Not looking pretty from here. 
    Not that Rudy merits the top billing but acknowledgment of what his actions have led to deserve comments.  Being the quasi leader of the CHEETO clown show is worthy of the take-down.  However, to mention it is to then recognize the entire scam for what it was. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    edited December 2023

• Embedded tweets that used to show up here aren’t appearing any more.  No doubt another sign of Twitter's breakdown.   
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    Noticed that last night, had to hit 'quote' and copy the url.  Was wondering whether it was X breakdown or Buffalo clampdown.
    canuckland
  • Noticed that last night, had to hit 'quote' and copy the url.  Was wondering whether it was X breakdown or Buffalo clampdown.
    It’s being widely discussed over on X.  Probably a fix is coming but I won’t hold my breath.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    edited December 2023
    It will probably happen in Zager and Evans time. Nod for @Botch.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    that would be 2525 if I recall correctly.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    Noticed that last night, had to hit 'quote' and copy the url.  Was wondering whether it was X breakdown or Buffalo clampdown.
    It’s being widely discussed over on X.  Probably a fix is coming but I won’t hold my breath.
    Didn't know that.
    canuckland
  • dbCooper
    Hamilton man shot in testicle by ex-girlfriend: 911 call

https://www.fox19.com/2023/12/08/hamilton-man-shot-testicle-by-ex-girlfriend-911-call/

Glenn said Nester is taking medication for a mental disability.
    If he wants an apology from her, Glenn says no, as he only wants her to get better.
    “I still to this day love her, and if she ever gets better, well...” Glenn explained.

Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    dbCooper said:

https://www.fox19.com/2023/12/08/hamilton-man-shot-testicle-by-ex-girlfriend-911-call/

If he wants an apology from her, Glenn says no, as he only wants her to get better.
    “I still to this day love her, and if she ever gets better, well...” Glenn explained.

she shot my nutz off but i still love her.......run you idiot, bear with the pain and run....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper said:

That whole story is nuts!
  • Botch
    Today's email from Robert Reich is his ground-level look at the politics of 1968, and the violence and the impact of young people on the country's direction, which may or may not see something similar next year.  In '68 I was exploring the local fields and pastures with my dog, and building model rockets; didn't get into politics until '78 with Iran's US Embassy takeover.  So this was a good education for me and I found it very interesting.  

https://robertreich.substack.com/p/1968?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=365422&post_id=139113394&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=true&r=wq9xf&utm_medium=email

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    @Botch -  I graduated from high school that year and well remember the violence occurring in our nation while I was waiting to be inducted into the Navy.  Not quite two years later, on May 4th, 28 National Guards shot 67 rounds in 13 seconds into a crowd of protesting students on the Kent State College campus, killing 4 and wounding 9 other, also unarmed students.

As a nation, we do not seem to learn the correct lessons from our own history and default to violence as the solution. I grew up in an Amish, Quaker, Mennonite area and had a much different sense of how to live together with people who believed differently from the norm. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2 said:
    @Botch -  I graduated from high school that year and well remember the violence occurring in our nation while I was waiting to be inducted into the Navy.  Not quite two years later, on May 4th, 28 National Guards shot 67 rounds in 13 seconds into a crowd of protesting students on the Kent State College campus, killing 4 and wounding 9 other, also unarmed students. 
    The subject of the song “Ohio” by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.