Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peanuts in Coke?

Options
124»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Well, it is Friday…
    Friday was Tuesday.  This is the new calm Wednesday.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ton_Til
    Options
    Wouldnt the peanuts clog your nose?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    But peanuts and Coca-cola are forever!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I like snickers 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• littlerascal56
    Options
    This was the “classic” version back in 1973.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    This was the “classic” version back in 1973.

I prefer RC Cola to Coca-Cola.  It seems more syrupy which I like.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I like snickers 
    Hard to fit a snickers through a bottle neck though.  Maybe in @caliking 's coffee cup though.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Do we smoke sports cars?
    That one has OT in the title, so it's within the rules.  

Yes John, stop ruining the forum. On topic, this was actually a menu item at our family general store and grille in the 70s
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    caliking said:
    I tried it today. Not terrible, not great either. Don’t quite get how this came to be a thing. 

Cmon man,  it's got to be in the bottle
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    caliking said:
    I tried it today. Not terrible, not great either. Don’t quite get how this came to be a thing. 

Cmon man,  it's got to be in the bottle
    See @caliking , we were not being jerks, even a real professional peanut& coke seller says this is wrong.

*Bonus points for whoever spots the pun.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Oh snap , did Ozzie just make me a pimp and a drug dealer?
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @frazzdaddy welcome back to the forum.  Other than some specific topics, the dynamics are as you may recall although the Buffalo did swing a pretty sweeping "ban hammer" several weeks ago.
    The more things change, the more they remain the same.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • builderdawg
    Options
    Is this really a thing?  I have never seen or heard of this:

Hunker: Why Do People Put Peanuts in Coke?.

Yes, it is great, but you’ve never lived until you have had peanuts in Fanta Orange. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Back in the late 1980's, I was in college and worked in a factory over the summers to earn a little spending cash for college.

The old-timers there would buy a pack of Planters salted peanuts and a bottle of Pepsi from the vending machines at break.  They would eat most of the peanuts from the pack, but would drop a few into the Pepsi bottle to "make it fizz".  

I never joined them in their ritual, but now I am wishing I had.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I did it.  First Coke since October.  It is pretty dog-gone tasty. I bet on a hot day working outside it is even better.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Way to follow up and enjoy the experience.  Thanks again for the initial post as I have enjoyed chasing the Mexican coke and relived youth.  
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Add a little bourbon to it, and it is even more “tasty” with the peanuts!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    You have not lived without dropping peanuts in Ale 8-1. AKA Winchester sewer water.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I did it.  First Coke since October.  It is pretty dog-gone tasty. I bet on a hot day working outside it is even better.

I concede, that this at least looks way better than peanuts in a paper cup of Diet Coke. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.