Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Gulf Coast Eggers: Ida

Comments

• ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,588
    Main power feed for NOLa fell into the Mississippi River. Infrastructure is toast. News saying could be up to 3 weeks or longer. @nolaegghead probably helping all of his neighbors or cooking for everyone. 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,505
    I'm fine but busy.  Here are some pics of the shop.

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 28,298
    I'm fine but busy.  Here are some pics of the shop.

pretty strong boat design, heres hoping the trailer crumple zone saved it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 4,676
    Well fahk.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,631
    @nolaegghead - start with the everybody is safe side of the ledger.  That's the main thing but the damage sure does suck.  Looks like your shop itself was spared.  Try and stay positive in the face of all this devastation.
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
    lousubcap said:
    @nolaegghead - start with the everybody is safe side of the ledger.  That's the main thing but the damage sure does suck.  Looks like your shop itself was spared.  Try and stay positive in the face of all this devastation.

looks like it hit the shop up 10/12 feet before deflecting onto the boat
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 4,676
    edited August 30
    Conduit tore the eave
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
    Conduit tore the eave
    see that now, cut right thru
    fukahwee maine

• Looks like the scaffolding deflected the pole. 
    Not to much building damage from the pic. 

Hope everything else goes easy for you as well. 
    More pics.

• Not being a smart ass. 
    But the person in the red tshirt, if that’s you, Please put on some shoes. 
    Safety first. 
  • Wow!  Plenty of damage to deal with.  That photo of the wood utility pole broken in half is a sign of how much power the storm had.
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,631
    So much for my feeble assessment of @nolaegghead's shop and environs.  Definitely missed the mark.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 12,148
    Came in to see how you faired.  Glad everyone survived.  Hopefully the flooding wasn't to bad and very glad you have a generator.  Stay safe my friend.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,542
    Just did an oil change on the lifeline aka generator. 
    What are they telling you guys for a timeline to restore power to Algiers Point?
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,573
    @nolaegghead is in control! Nice to see everthing is ok with yall. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,324
    We have 8 neighbors over here soaking up AC, red beans and rice and burgers
    God Bless the Vapor Compression Cycle ( and awesome neighbors )
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,573
    @nolaegghead that's awesome. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • PigBeanUsPigBeanUs Posts: 932
    We have 8 neighbors over here soaking up AC, red beans and rice and burgers
    that's goddamned mensch, right there. 
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 11,234
    RRP said:
    Carey…you da man…thanks for keeping us posted. BTW the Spring Chicken now lives  up LA from you and we have stayed in contact. Please HUNKER down! 
    Spring Chicken and Spring Hen are safe with no big property damage or flooding. Of course they have no power either but they are tough birds and holding their own. 
    The now live in Covington, straight north of NOLA across the lake.
    They have had many offers of help but are sticking it out for now. They also have family fairly close and they have a whole house generator.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 4,336
    edited August 31
    My poor waterfront rental. The house is on another 4 foot chainwall but my man cave is about to flood. I put my speakers on top of my lazboys and I’m praying they make it!! River should crest overnight tonight. Planning 17ft. 3 foot higher than this!

This deck is usually about 15-18 foot above the water line!!! and I park my boats under it.

I’ve never in 9 years seen my FROnt yard flood!!

XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, Blackstone Griddle, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria
    Just did an oil change on the lifeline aka generator. 
    What are they telling you guys for a timeline to restore power to Algiers Point?
    They need three days to assess.  Hospitals, EMS etc gets first priority.   Probably up to 3 weeks based on the statement before the storm but I'm hopeful.