Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    1voyager said:

unhinged jaw required,,,
    That looks insanely delicious. Please, please, please give us the details of your grilling technique. 
    Thank you for the compliment.  I usually do these raised direct at 500F.  This was a half-pounder.  I think the key is not to over work the beef.  I handle it just enough to form it into a patty that will hold together.  Then heavy salt and pepper on the outside only.  I use thick sliced cheddar and brioche buns.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    @mehsrea Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    A couple of steaks. 

Nothing better than cutting a 5# roast in half. Enjoy! 😁
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    @Battleborn - outstanding!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Those noodles are some low calorie deal made from bean protein and sh!t.  Tasted just like semolina noodles, better than the shirataki version.
    Options
    Those noodles are some low calorie deal made from bean protein and sh!t.  Tasted just like semolina noodles, better than the shirataki version.
    Interested.  We’ve tried endless non wheat noodles and mostly they’re crap.  Shirataki aren’t bad, but looking for better.  Can you snap a pic of the package?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Legume said:
    Interested.  We’ve tried endless non wheat noodles and mostly they’re crap.  Shirataki aren’t bad, but looking for better.  Can you snap a pic of the package?
    Bean fiber not protein, sorry.  Anyway, here it is

Options
    We buy those from Costco and they are much better than the Shirataki noodles in my opinion.

Great option for people watching their carb intake.  My kids didn’t even notice the switch with these and they won’t touch the shirataki ones.  
    Greensboro, NC
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    @Battleborn Great plate and finish on those steaks.  Money shot for the win.  Nailed it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,373
    Options
    Legume said:
    Bean fiber not protein, sorry.  Anyway, here it is

My wife got those awhile back at Costco and they have been in the freezer since. May have to pull them out this week based on your meal. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,373
    Options
    I was about to delete my profile off here because this thread was so far down the main page, I almost couldn’t find it. How else would I get inspired to cook without seeing some of the amazing things on here. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,538
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Duck pot pie
    THAT is the cleverest dish I've seen in a long, long time!  How fun to do that for a dinner party of eight!  Kudos.  

"There is no underwear in Space"    - Carrie Fisher

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Botch said:
    dmchicago said:
    Duck pot pie
    THAT is the cleverest dish I've seen in a long, long time!  How fun to do that for a dinner party of eight!  Kudos.  
      Very clever, but I’m curious @Botch why 8?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    Steak tartare

Make cukes not nukes.

I have never made that and never eaten it either. What cut do you use?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Legume said:
    Steak tartare

Make cukes not nukes.

I have never made that and never eaten it either. What cut do you use?
    This time it was a sirloin.  Really good with strip, tenderloin.  We use lean meat.  I’ll dig up the recipe we have been using for years.
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Walking the meat isle at food lion I came across two flat iron steaks marked down to meat manager's special.  I took a chance for $7. 

That is a winner!!! $7 wow
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Quesadillas  - had some leftover black beans I cooked for hours and pureed with lots of veggies, cream, etc.  Hit the spot.  Used plenty of havarti, provolone, mozz.  Pickled serrano peppers/carrots/onions.
    Options
    gmanrva said:
    bucky925 said:
    Walking the meat isle at food lion I came across two flat iron steaks marked down to meat manager's special.  I took a chance for $7. 

That is a winner!!! $7 wow
    Nice!  My local Walmart always has them of all places.  It's my 8 year old's favorite cut of steak oddly enough.  My daughter though does not like it even if I tell her it's flank steak which she likes.