Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Acn said:
    I read this because I hate I hate having the tons of unread posts showing up on the main screen, but this definitely makes me think that one of the best things I did here was make sure I had somebody to deal with the lawn.
    I just “bought” this for myself as well. It’s been 2 weeks, I don’t miss cutting the grass yet. This frees up my time for me. Shocking, I know.
  • Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    Ive been waiting on this since early Feb
    https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/hakka-mx

A bit of money fell into my lap last week so Im going to finally get the Ego Battery Powered mower this weekend.  Making a last cut with the gas mower today and giving it away to a young couple with a new house.

I bought my Ego mower in May of 2017 and still love it. I don't have any more problems with it bogging down in wet or long grass than I did with any gas powered push mower I've had. It's also nice that it folds up easily for storage to take up less space in the garage. You'll be happy with it. 

Nice bike too! Reminds me that I need to get out and ride.
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options

Bank finally approved 30 year loan for this here wire.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,702
    Options

I have to give it to Chevron for pivoting. I never thought big oil would market electric anything. I guess the writing is on the wall.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    Options

I have to give it to Chevron for pivoting. I never thought big oil would market electric anything. I guess the writing is on the wall.
    It is Chervon, not Chevron.  A bit of Chinese marketing I am sure.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,702
    Options

It is Chervon, not Chevron.  A bit of Chinese marketing I am sure.

It was surprising! Thanks for the clarification 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    I’ve never read one single post on this thread, but here I go...I believe that in just a couple months I will HAVE to get my first ever cataract operation. It scares me, but for a variety of reasons. Yes I have insurance and yes I have the money to cover any excess, but the idea scares the sh*t out of me since I have a friend who went blind from a blotched “routine” cataract operation!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,367
    Options
    RRP said:
    I’ve never read one single post on this thread, but here I go...I believe that in just a couple months I will HAVE to get my first ever cataract operation. It scares me, but for a variety of reasons. Yes I have insurance and yes I have the money to cover any excess, but the idea scares the sh*t out of me since I have a friend who went blind from a blotched “routine” cataract operation!

My wife has her first  cataract operation a week from now and the second one a week or so later.
    Chances of going blind from the surgery are small but it does occasionally happen (just like any other surgical procedure - sometimes sh!t happens). Chances of going blind without surgery are pretty high so seems worth doing the procedures for most folks.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    RRP said:

My wife has her first  cataract operation a week from now and the second one a week or so later.
    Chances of going blind from the surgery are small but it does occasionally happen (just like any other surgical procedure - sometimes sh!t happens). Chances of going blind without surgery are pretty high so seems worth doing the procedures for most folks.
    Prayers, wishes, and a speedy recovery for your wife in the next few weeks!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Sonos Roam portable Bluetooth speaker. Have 6 other Sonos speakers plus a sound bar and sub in my living room. Love the products and their capabilities 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    HeavyG said:
    RRP said:

Prayers, wishes, and a speedy recovery for your wife in the next few weeks!

Thanks!
    She/we are not too concerned. Bad outcomes are pretty uncommon and she seems to be one of those folks that are "easily repaired". A year or so ago she had to have her retina "spot welded" and some other procedure done which required a week or so of rather uncomfortable post-op care. She had to keep her head tilted face down while sitting/standing/sleeping and could only sit upright for a few minutes at a time to eat. That was necessary to help the eyeball absorb an air bubble that develops during the procedure. Bought a special chair that would support her head at the right  angle so it made it a bit more comfortable.
    This cataract operation, in comparison, the doc said she could drive the same day (not that I would let that happen tho).

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,358
    Options
    For my dad. He mentioned that pushing the mower was getting a little bit more of a task. He’s 74; electric start will be nice. I called every dealer within 100 miles. Zero gas mowers on the showroom floor. Stupid COVID. Finally found a online retailer that showed having one in stock. Fingers crossed

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    For my dad. He mentioned that pushing the mower was getting a little bit more of a task. He’s 74; electric start will be nice. I called every dealer within 100 miles. Zero gas mowers on the showroom floor. Stupid COVID. Finally found a online retailer that showed having one in stock. Fingers crossed

Used a self-propelled honda push mower for years.  It was a great mower.  Your dad will really like it!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,674
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Sonos Roam portable Bluetooth speaker. Have 6 other Sonos speakers plus a sound bar and sub in my living room. Love the products and their capabilities 
    @ColbyLang I received mine a couple of weeks ago.  It is my first Sonos and I purchased it because it looks like it is the only wireless airplay speaker that is fully waterproof (it will mainly be used by the pool).  I am a little disappointed by the sound quality but it does the job. The sound quality isn’t bad but it isn’t as good as the Bose speaker it is replacing.  I am tempted to order the Sonos Move but it is much larger and only splash resistant from what I understand.  Have you tried yours yet?

Options
    paqman said:
    ColbyLang said:
    @ColbyLang I received mine a couple of weeks ago.  It is my first Sonos and I purchased it because it looks like it is the only wireless airplay speaker that is fully waterproof (it will mainly be used by the pool).  I am a little disappointed by the sound quality but it does the job. The sound quality isn’t bad but it isn’t as good as the Bose speaker it is replacing.  I am tempted to order the Sonos Move but it is much larger and only splash resistant from what I understand.  Have you tried yours yet?
    No, backordered until the end of the month from Sonos. Doesn’t “sound” promising 
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options

I got one a week ago, absolutely love it!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Is it called the “Ego” because it blows a lot of hot air? Personally, I’m waiting for the super-ego model to come out. 

• HeavyG
    Options
    Is it called the “Ego” because it blows a lot of hot air? Personally, I’m waiting for the super-ego model to come out. 

Their first model was the "Id". It was a commercial failure cuz people kept stealing them from the stores.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    @nolaegghead - new retirement plan?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options

OH SH*T am I ever ever curious much less JEALOUS! Please tell us more what you have planned! 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,327
    Options
    Is some house under construction missing it’s roof? Better put a guard on that stockpile.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    That appears to be finished grade plywood. Cabinets and whatnot. Someone puts that for sheeting on a roof and they got an issue....
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,367
    Options

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    RRP said:

OH SH*T am I ever ever curious much less JEALOUS! Please tell us more what you have planned! 
    Ron, just stocking up for personal use.  Cabinet grade (B-2 and UV) birch.  1/4,1/2 and 3/4 for $12, $33 and $42.  I have a few projects in the works with the materials - a shop desk, some shelves and a miter saw bench w/fence.

I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to find it this cheap again, ever.

Options
    Just ordered a 22" Blackstone for camping/fishing adventures. These things have been hard to find!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,793
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Just ordered a 22" Blackstone for camping/fishing adventures. These things have been hard to find!
    Just grabbed 2 about twenty minutes ago With Bonus Kit $109.00 includes adaptor hose, cover and tool kit

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Helluvadeal that!

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 584
    Options
    Dang! Where'd you find that deal?!