Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,488
    lousubcap said:
    No comment on the door deal-just ordered a few boxes of Girl Scout cookies as this is the season.  
    What’s your poison, Frank?  Thin mints?  The Samoas are the ones that get me.  I can eat an entire box of those if caught in a moment of weakness.
    Mine is Trefoils.  But I have had to throttle back since I no longer can burn the calories by running.  I would do a sleeve of any flavor in no more than 90 minutes-no need for a moment of weakness.  And finish the box the same day.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    In range hell. Have had an order in GE’s queue since 14 November for a cafe series 30 inch duel fuel double oven range. No one can even guess when it will ship. Called around and talked to high end appliance shops and that is very common right now - the GE-Bosch-Samsung-etc supply chains are a damn disaster. Now looking at spending more to get a Fulgor Milano or Viking because they can ship now. Ugh. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    TTC said:
    In range hell. Have had an order in GE’s queue since 14 November for a cafe series 30 inch duel fuel double oven range. No one can even guess when it will ship. Called around and talked to high end appliance shops and that is very common right now - the GE-Bosch-Samsung-etc supply chains are a damn disaster. Now looking at spending more to get a Fulgor Milano or Viking because they can ship now. Ugh. 

bought a hellfire outdoor burner last summer and the legs came in a week ago, i had forgot all about them even being on order
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    TTC said:

I don't think this is specific to GE. I believe manufacturing in general is way behind due to the Pandemic. I'm currently waiting on a GE Cafe fridge and Bluestar range. I've been quoted at least 2 months. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    SonVolt said:
    TTC said:

I don't think this is specific to GE. I believe manufacturing in general is way behind due to the Pandemic. I'm currently waiting on a GE Cafe fridge and Bluestar range. I've been quoted at least 2 months. 
    Agreed. The entire large appliance supply chain is a mess. As is the automotive industry. My brother hit a deer with his Ford truck and waited 16 weeks for replacement factory body parts. Crazy. 

I spent 20 years trying to manage a challenging global supply chain, so I feel their pain. When you get caught out and get way behind on a popular product it can get ugly.

Anyone have any experience with Kucht ranges?
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    @TTC

Keep your order in if you buy another one.  Sell for a little profit when it arrives.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,494
    SWMBO sat in my chair last week. This showed up today

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    emisar  d18 light.  14,000 lumen (with the right batteries which are impossible to find right now)  knife for scale.
    edited March 2021
    I did a double take.  Haven't spent this much since 2015, early 2016.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

Thanks Obama.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Enjoy Riden with Biden my friend. And just wait, it’s going to get MUCH higher. Good times ahead 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    SGH said:
    Enjoy Riden with Biden my friend. And just wait, it’s going to get MUCH higher. Good times ahead 👍
    To bad Biden shut down the oil pipe line and all other projects.  At these prices the oil workers would be making a fortune.  But, alas.  We will just start sending all our money to Russia and the Middle East.

• lousubcap
    edited March 2021
    I'm quite sure the recent shutdown of the Texas refineries (ice, snow, no power) had no impact. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Its all Biden.  He grabs the oil-price lever in the bunker and pushes it up.  Lo and behold!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    Its all Biden.  
    It’s not all Biden. But his policies, restrictions and tax increases will certainly play a huge part in the days to come. And if they are able to pass “The Green New Steal” it will definitely raise fuel prices. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• I heard he replaced my Diet Coke button with a raise gas prices button
    I have a MiniMax on my golf cart
    Florida

• Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    Its all Biden.  
    It’s not all Biden. But his policies, restrictions and tax increases will certainly play a huge part in the days to come. And if they are able to pass “The Green New Steal” it will definitely raise fuel prices. 
    Now, now.  You know better than to let facts get in the way of a good Messiah story.

• We may have to put an electrostatic participator to clean the smoke from our eggs. Also install clinkers, grinders; but what do we do with the fly ash?  
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    TTC said:
    SonVolt said:
    TTC said:

Agreed. The entire large appliance supply chain is a mess. As is the automotive industry. My brother hit a deer with his Ford truck and waited 16 weeks for replacement factory body parts. Crazy. 

I spent 20 years trying to manage a challenging global supply chain, so I feel their pain. When you get caught out and get way behind on a popular product it can get ugly.

This is also a product of highly optimized supply chains to limit product sitting in warehouses.  The chain gets disrupted in multiple places and it takes quite a while to get back on track. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    TTC said:
    SonVolt said:
    TTC said:

This is also a product of highly optimized supply chains to limit product sitting in warehouses.  The chain gets disrupted in multiple places and it takes quite a while to get back on track. 
    Furniture is in the same boat.  We have been quoted 3 - 9 months for sofas and chairs.

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Anybody in the market for a kitchen aide pro, Sam’s has them on sale for $270.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    SGH said:
    Its all Biden.  
    Fortunately the VW salesman called to tell me that my new electric car should be in by the end of the month. Of course restrictions on natural gas fracking(EPA hounding them about methane leaks and no fracking on federal land) will also raise electricity costs.
  • SGH
    Fortunately the VW salesman called to tell me that my new electric car should be in by the end of the month. Of course restrictions on natural gas fracking(EPA hounding them about methane leaks and no fracking on federal land) will also raise electricity costs.
    I tell you what I am really excited about. I am looking forward to all electric airplanes ✈️ and ships 🚢. Maybe even electric rockets and space shuttles if we are real lucky. I think even missiles carrying thermonuclear warheads should go electric so we don’t pollute whatever we are blowing up. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    I have now seen the light- there are two benefits to being old-
    1. getting the covid vaccine and-
    2. enjoying rolling the tires in a naturally aspirated V-8 engine powered car til I am LSD (Long Since Dead)  B)
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    SGH said:
    I tell you what I am really excited about. I am looking forward to all electric airplanes ✈️ and ships 🚢. Maybe even electric rockets and space shuttles if we are real lucky. I think even missiles carrying thermonuclear warheads should go electric so we don’t pollute whatever we are blowing up. Makes perfect sense to me. 
    I never said that those are practical right now or anytime soon. Spaceshuttles don't fly any more and the most common replacement is by a company called Space X . Space X is owned by Elon Musk who also owns Tesla, the leading electric car company. They typically use a combination of solid rocket motors and hydrogen fueled motors to get to orbit. Strangely enough if you want to get from orbit to Mars an electric ion drive is the most promising method. 
    I placed this order back in September before the election and I think that you know that I voted for 45 and that my previous VW was a diesel.  I could go on about the other items, but there is no need to. 
  • lousubcap said:
    I have now seen the light- there are two benefits to being old-
    1. getting the covid vaccine and-
    2. enjoying rolling the tires in a naturally aspirated V-8 engine powered car til I am LSD (Long Since Dead)  B)
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Still waiting for the big reveal, if ever we get there. No pressure! 😉
  • Speaking of wait times for products.....

Getting quotes for an in ground pool. Most installers are saying the end of this fall, at earliest. I anticipate even this is quite optimistic. Found one installer who says they can do this spring, but it makes me wary that they even have availability then given the surge in demand this past year. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Speaking of wait times for products.....

Getting quotes for an in ground pool. Most installers are saying the end of this fall, at earliest. I anticipate even this is quite optimistic. Found one installer who says they can do this spring, but it makes me wary that they even have availability then given the surge in demand this past year. 
    Try buying concrete when Amazon is build a 1,000,000 sq foot facility here 
  • lousubcap
    @GrateEggspectations - Gotta admit that you must be optimistic about this climate change thing accelerating to extend the pool season in the GWN.   =)
    The end of the fall arrives fairly early up there as I recall.  Good luck with the project.