Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,488
    @GrateEggspectations - great vision with your home upgrade project.  Exceptional work right there. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    New windows all around. Still waiting on a new front door and one bedroom window, which was mistakenly made 10” too high in manufacturing. 

Now we wait until spring for our painter to paint all of the old brown a light black, to match the frames.

From the exterior, your home looks nearly exactly like mine.  I'd replaced my windows over ten years ago, wide white vinyl frames, and I didn't have to repaint anything on the exterior.  
    The interior, we shan't speak of this again.  :blush:   

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Shopping for an “indestructible” dog bed.  You’ll notice the judicious use of quotes.

ill see if theres a name on the one i have, betting its no longer made because its survived a german shepard, 2 brittanies, and the fourth will be jumping on it soon. its over 30 years old now. its 54 inc diameter, heavy, black watch plaid. im thinking bean or orvis  or cabalas. the inside liner leaks but the outside is standing the test of time. crate pads never last
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Shopping for an “indestructible” dog bed.  You’ll notice the judicious use of quotes.

ill see if theres a name on the one i have, betting its no longer made because its survived a german shepard, 2 brittanies, and the fourth will be jumping on it soon. its over 30 years old now. its 54 inc diameter, heavy, black watch plaid. im thinking bean or orvis  or cabalas. the inside liner leaks but the outside is standing the test of time. crate pads never last
    Don’t bother - I found another company that makes a nearly identical bed (at less than half the cost).  It’s already in our house (Amazon prime for the win).
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    Shopping for an “indestructible” dog bed.  You’ll notice the judicious use of quotes.

Don’t bother - I found another company that makes a nearly identical bed (at less than half the cost).  It’s already in our house (Amazon prime for the win).
    If you really loved your pup, you wouldn't make him suffer the indignity of a knock-off.  Name brand or nothing!

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Shopping for an “indestructible” dog bed.  You’ll notice the judicious use of quotes.

If you really loved your pup, you wouldn't make him suffer the indignity of a knock-off.  Name brand or nothing!

I'm a little surprised you didn't pay an extra $50 for the Big Green Egg version, although the Yeti already comes in green so perhaps the boys down at corporate couldn't quite justify the upcharge.
  • fishlessman
    atleast get him a buffalo dog chew by filson....even has a squeakey

Alternate image of a Filson Bison Dog Toy

fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

I'm a little surprised you didn't pay an extra $50 for the Big Green Egg version, although the Yeti already comes in green so perhaps the boys down at corporate couldn't quite justify the upcharge.
    Wanted to get a custom one made, but I don't own the BGE logo, so Yeti wouldn't make me one.

• Looking at a tooth replacement. Great🙄 dental genes on both sides of the family.
  • Looking at a tooth replacement. Great🙄 dental genes on both sides of the family.
    Is that basically going to be an implant?  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Looking at a tooth replacement. Great🙄 dental genes on both sides of the family.
    I hope it has a diamond in it.  I love those fancy grills.

• fishlessman
    Looking at a tooth replacement. Great🙄 dental genes on both sides of the family.
    I hope it has a diamond in it.  I love those fancy grills.

for the price the diamond should come standard. my periodontist has a crying room next to the waiting room of all places where the diagnostic, and then the price and upfront money is discussed. its a pretty comical setup at times. 
       pretty much a few hours total worth of work and your dentist picks out a new ride from the exotic thread
    fukahwee maine

• It’s all the way in the back so hopefully no one can see the implant. It’s my second one, lousy dental genetics on both sides, not helped by the fact that I should have had braces. They can remove the tooth Wednesday but it will be 5 months before the procedure is complete. That spreads the expense out. The dentist had just come back from a seminar in Vegas.
    Oh damned I had to spend a whole lotta money on my teeth in the last few years. During the pandemic I swallowed three crowns, two of them were gold and before you even ask, no I did not. In the past two years I've had seven crowns done and three full implants, around 20k worth. Unfortunately the same medications that help with the bone disease is wreaking havoc on my teeth. Lesser of two evils, teeth are easier to fix then bones.
  • Growing up, my dentist was one of my father’s buddies.  He was an Army vet, trained to be a dentist while serving in the army.  He was the no nonsense “nothing fancy, just what you need to eat” type of dentist.  Basically the kind of approach you learn by treating guys who’ve been shot in the face.   This served me well for most of my young life, despite getting a couple of teeth knocked out one day (sidebar - if I had just one day of my life to do over, it would be that one).

Anyway, fast forward to being an adult and my first stop at another dental office here in NC and man they wanted to sign me up for all kinds of procedures.  I was like… what?  Why do I need all of this stuff done?  How come I never needed any of this before?  I think I walked out of there only agreeing to a third of what they wanted and it still cost me a months pay when it was all said and done.  
  • @JohnInCarolina

I wanna hear more about your regrettable day. Not to have you re-live the trauma, but to learn from your mistakes.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,803
    edited September 2023
    Just listening to Lainey Wilson. Saw her thighs on Instagram and it prompted a listen. 

(Edit: Whoops. Thought this was WAYDRN.)
  • fishlessman
    Growing up, my dentist was one of my father’s buddies.  He was an Army vet, trained to be a dentist while serving in the army.  He was the no nonsense “nothing fancy, just what you need to eat” type of dentist.  Basically the kind of approach you learn by treating guys who’ve been shot in the face.   This served me well for most of my young life, despite getting a couple of teeth knocked out one day (sidebar - if I had just one day of my life to do over, it would be that one).

Anyway, fast forward to being an adult and my first stop at another dental office here in NC and man they wanted to sign me up for all kinds of procedures.  I was like… what?  Why do I need all of this stuff done?  How come I never needed any of this before?  I think I walked out of there only agreeing to a third of what they wanted and it still cost me a months pay when it was all said and done.  
    A dentist a few years back told me I had two pin hole cavities under my old silver fillings. Next visit I had the x-rays blown up, no cavities. They just want to see their own work in there.     The silvers were put in with the old school drill. Motor,  big wooden wheel, 30 feet of drive belt....they stay
    fukahwee maine

• @JohnInCarolina

I wanna hear more about your regrettable day. Not to have you re-live the trauma, but to learn from your mistakes.
    I wish it was a better story, like I got into some fist fight or something.  But no, I was playing volleyball at some after school thing in high school when it happened.  I dove for a dig and ended up catching someone else’s knee in the grille.  
  • @johnincarolina

Brutal. Hope you saved the play and looked like a (toothless) hero. 
  • Botch
    @johnincarolina

You cannot get injured in volleyball and look like a hero; trust me.

Squadron Officer's School in Alabama, playing volleyball at the end of the afternoon.  The top jock from C flight and I from D flight were front row, opposite sides of the net.  I was a bit taller, but he was much more athletic.  He went up for a spike, I went up to block, and his head "eclipsed" the full sun right in my eyes, all I could make out was the black silhouette of his head.  
    The ball hit me square between the eyes, driving the wire rims of my aviators deep into the bridge of my nose.  Blood everywhere.  This never happened in Top Gun...
    I could see everyone, their team, my team, the FTOs and the refs, were all struggling not to laugh out loud so I just announced in a loud voice, "Go ahead and laugh, I know that was a keeper"; they all collapsed to the ground just roaring with laughter.  Sigh.   :|

• Botch
    Just listening to Lainey Wilson. Saw her thighs on Instagram and it prompted a listen. 

(Edit: Whoops. Thought this was WAYDRN.)
    "= Why Are You Drooling Right Now?"   =) 

• Her thighs made noise?
  • Botch said:
    @johnincarolina

You cannot get injured in volleyball and look like a hero; trust me.

Squadron Officer's School in Alabama, playing volleyball at the end of the afternoon.  The top jock from C flight and I from D flight were front row, opposite sides of the net.  I was a bit taller, but he was much more athletic.  He went up for a spike, I went up to block, and his head "eclipsed" the full sun right in my eyes, all I could make out was the black silhouette of his head.  
    The ball hit me square between the eyes, driving the wire rims of my aviators deep into the bridge of my nose.  Blood everywhere.  This never happened in Top Gun...
    I could see everyone, their team, my team, the FTOs and the refs, were all struggling not to laugh out loud so I just announced in a loud voice, "Go ahead and laugh, I know that was a keeper"; they all collapsed to the ground just roaring with laughter.  Sigh.   :|

• Botch
    ^^^ Oh man, I remember that flick!  And it's spot-on.  
    Wasn't she the bride-to-be?  

• @Botch

Appreciate you sharing that. Gave me a good laugh. That spike must have been juicy. 

When I was in grade seven or eight, I was playing volleyball on a pyjama day at school. I was up at the net, and a class clown teammate of mine decided to pants me when I had my hands up above my head. Problem is, he caught my boxers too. To this day, I still don’t know what, if anything, anyone saw. 
  • So, I passed on a large egg and plate setter to oldest son - third generation egger! So I jumped feet first into the rabbit hole to replace the plate setter- CGS rig expander combo + some. Endless possibilities! Kinda overkill but what the heck!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,488
    Fortunate that your family was exposed early in the game.  And bonus for your son.  You definitely took advantage of the self-created window of opportunity.  Great setup right there.  Sweet. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thanks @lousubcap, he has my dad's first egg (with a few new parts).  Pretty neat to pass it on to him- he is excited!  Hopefully he can pass on that one or one of mine to his sons! Pops would be proud! He was a provider!  Yeh, I came out pretty good too with the new setup!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • https://pleasanthillgrain.com/famag-im8-spiral-dough-mixer-variable-speed

Ordered this in Ruby and was informed it will be January before I get it… but I got have it match my oven!  Can’t wait to start playing with this!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum